Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2019, 15:12   #3241
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

In terms of procuring Fastag, I had a super awesome experience with "Equitas" bank. Thanks to @paragsachania for recommending it. I got the tag delivered to my address in about 5 days. The entire process was online and hassle free, I didn't have to speak to any customer care fellow on phone as well. Their fastag app that I have installed in my phone is also user friendly .

Last edited by vivek95 : 15th February 2019 at 15:17. Reason: Adding details
Old 18th February 2019, 19:05   #3242
BHPian

My experience in procuring FASTag through HDFC bank was hassle free. I got the tag delivered at my place within a week and also received intermittent updates from HDFC on the status.
Usage and top-up has been smooth and saved almost 15 to 20 min of time recently during my trip to Kurnool.
Old 18th February 2019, 20:49   #3243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
I think I need to visit ICICI Bommanahalli and get clarity.
Since I was thinking of visiting them on Monday, thought of giving an attempt through one of the options as mentioned in the ICICI Fastag website to get Fastag. Sent an SMS to their no. Got an SMS immediately stating someone will get in touch within 2 days. No one has called me back so far. It's been 2 working days and 4 calendar days passed! That's how SMS requests are treated by ICICI Fastag?!

As per the original plan today visited ICICI Bommanahalli Fastag office. They have given me a contact number of their representative who takes care of this for new cars at Nandi Toyota. The ICICI Bommanahalli deals with only the old cars - RC based fastag sales only.

Called the representative, he has asked me to do the following. This will be the same steps for anyone else in my situation.
  1. Get the Invoice copy from dealer
  2. Share my ICICI Fastag Customer ID
  3. Pay the standard fee (500 INR?)

He will be able to handover the Fastag if he has stock otherwise next day.
He has also mentioned this can be done with any other representative at other dealer locations like Mandovi or Kalyani (My new car is Maruti hence he quoted these dealers)

Since I have an existing account, ICICI does not require any KYC document. I have also confirmed that no new KYC is required even if my new car is on Car Lease under company's name.

So it's all looks simple and straight forward. Informed the dealer that I will process and produce the Fastag myself. Very happy with the ICICI Fastag folks for their responsiveness and for providing proper guidance so far.

Will update you the actual procuring experience in my next post!
blorebuddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2019, 11:20   #3244
Senior - BHPian

We got a new car in September last year and the Fastag finally came home last weekend. Its a PAYTM Fastag and my wife's paytm account got credited with Rs.150 as well.

But to our annoyance, FASTAG doesn't work on Sealink in Mumbai. Any way arounds?
Old 19th February 2019, 11:34   #3245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
We got a new car in September last year and the Fastag finally came home last weekend. Its a PAYTM Fastag and my wife's paytm account got credited with Rs.150 as well.

But to our annoyance, FASTAG doesn't work on Sealink in Mumbai. Any way arounds?
Fastag doesn't apparently work on any of those MEP toll plazas in Mumbai. Mine too doesn't work at Airoli and Mulund tolls which I regularly cross. I don't want to stick around another MEP tag on my car now as already two are in place -- manufacturer provided and Equitas Fastag that I myself bought.
Old 19th February 2019, 11:41   #3246
Distinguished - BHPian

^^This topic has been discussed before. Fastags work only on NHDP roads.
Non NHAI roads don't support Fastag as of now.

The list of roads where Fastag doesn't work till now that I know of are:
  1. NICE Bangalore
  2. NICE Hubli Dharwad Bypass
  3. Coimbatore Bypass
  4. MEP toll plazas

Last edited by ampere : 19th February 2019 at 12:29. Reason: typo fixed
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2019, 15:42   #3247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
fast tags are scanned on almost all booths near BIAL.

I ended up waiting almost 30 seconds for the barrier to open up (not a dedicated fast tag counter) and ended up paying cash.

30 Minutes later the amount was deducted from my account.

already emailed fastag@paytm.com and tried to raise a dispute with absolutely no luck.

How do we deal with such situations ? The dedicated fastag lane was blocked and unmanned.
Faced exactly the same problem. It's been a month and almost every week I call-up Paytm and explain but folks there do not understand. In my case, first was an auto deduction (but barrier did not open) and second was with a manual scanner and an attendant opened the barrier. I realized the first one did happen only after a day. Don't want to simply leave them with my money. Not sure, if there are any options to escalate the case up from their first level helpdesk.
Old 20th February 2019, 16:01   #3248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishoryk View Post
Faced exactly the same problem. It's been a month and almost every week I call-up Paytm and explain but folks there do not understand. In my case, first was an auto deduction (but barrier did not open) and second was with a manual scanner and an attendant opened the barrier. I realized the first one did happen only after a day. Don't want to simply leave them with my money. Not sure, if there are any options to escalate the case up from their first level helpdesk.
This happened to me in December at BIAL, and my complaint has been rejected thrice now. I have adjusted the additional charge in my mind against the many free tolls i was let to pass
Old 20th February 2019, 16:27   #3249
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthacharya View Post
This happened to me in December at BIAL, and my complaint has been rejected thrice now. I have adjusted the additional charge in my mind against the many free tolls i was let to pass
Please escalate the details of the case(es) to etc.nodal@ihmcl.com and copy to chairman@nhai.org.

I received a home visit from the concerned team lead of the Paytm BLR outfit :-)
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2019, 17:20   #3250
BHPian

@itwasntme that's useful information. Thank you. Just posted a Twitter message to Vijay Shankar's account. If there's no response, I'll write to the email ID's you shared above.

@ananthacharya how did they let you pass through for free? Just curious to know!

Thanks.
Old 20th February 2019, 17:23   #3251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Please escalate the details of the case(es) to etc.nodal@ihmcl.com and copy to chairman@nhai.org.

I received a home visit from the concerned team lead of the Paytm BLR outfit :-)
Thanks, did this. I will update if there is any action taken. Though the amount is small, think of the large scale scam they are running. Many of my friends trust the FASTAG system blindly and never check their transactions after the first few times.
Old 1st March 2019, 10:39   #3252
Senior - BHPian

Fastag buying experience from Paytm has really gone down.

I bought Fastag on 6th February. On the order page, it was showing that it will be shipped by 23rd and delivered by 25th February.

I got a call on 23rd that they are sending me an email with the link to upload RC. The caller herself knew that the link doesn't work and told me to reply the email with RC attached, if the link doesn't work which I promptly did.

After no sign of shipping, I raised the issue with Paytm CC on 26th and got an email on 27th with non-working link to upload RC. I replied the email with RC attached.

After contacting CC again yesterday and raising the issue on Twitter, today (1st March) morning, I got SMS:

"Dear Customer, You have not uploaded the required details for the activation of your Paytm FASTag and we regret to inform you that your order has been cancelled."

My earlier experience of buying Fastag from Paytm was much better in December 2017 when I got it in 7 days from the date of order.

I think now they (and probably all Fastag providers) have enough business through new car dealers and they really don't care much about retail customers like us.
Old 1st March 2019, 12:22   #3253
BHPian

Quote:
So it's all looks simple and straight forward. Informed the dealer that I will process and produce the Fastag myself. Very happy with the ICICI Fastag folks for their responsiveness and for providing proper guidance so far.
Will update you the actual procuring experience in my next post!
Wanted to update you all on this. Could be useful for anyone who is trying this option.

I have successfully got the Fastag myself from ICICI. As mentioned my earlier post, submitted the following to ICICI Fastag representative around 4:30 PM.
1. Copy of invoice
2. My ICICI Fastag account no

Next day 3PM, received the tag and a letter which says confirmation of fitment which requires to be submitted for RTO while registration. They were ready to deliver at my place however I did not want to delay things so picked up myself. I am yet to make the payment as they could not accept cash and I could not transfer on that day. The executive I was dealing is very friendly and supportive. I got the SMS stating tag is active and I can see the tag added to my account.

Wonderful service by ICICI and very happy with the whole experience. Waiting for executive to communicate the process to make payment. Also please note my existing account is having a car registered on my name and this new car will be on company's name which is not an issue. No new KYC required for ICICI Fastag for this which reduced the complexity for me. Now I can have amount in the CUG account which can be used by both the cars.
blorebuddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2019, 13:38   #3254
BHPian

Quote:

As per the original plan today visited ICICI Bommanahalli Fastag office. They have given me a contact number of their representative
Can you share the contact number? Have been trying to reach the Bommanahalli branch but no luck.
Old 1st March 2019, 19:54   #3255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmadhok View Post
Can you share the contact number? Have been trying to reach the Bommanahalli branch but no luck.
I know of a ICICI rep from the same office. This might be the same person, any which ways let me share his contacts.

Yatish: +91 90666 78849.

My fastag from ICICI was NOT getting recognized at toll plaza's. This guy figured it out to, re-paste of the tag. He provided me a quick free replacement of the tag.
JMaruru is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed