Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2018, 15:23   #2401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareshraheja View Post
Wanted to ask a stupid question. If I procure Fastag through ICICI and want to re-charge the same / or say link it with Paytm account, is that possible?
Yes to recharge.

No to linking.

Glad you asked as most might not know and it didnt strike me till now.

You cannot recharge an ICICI FasTag through "PayTM Wallet" but you can do so through "PayTM Bank Account" by using the virtual debit card linked to that PayTM bank account, maybe even UPI. Not sure of the charges applicable by either PayTM or ICICI for the transaction, though.
Old 5th March 2018, 16:26   #2402
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post

You cannot recharge an ICICI FasTag through "PayTM Wallet" but you can do so through "PayTM Bank Account" by using the virtual debit card linked to that PayTM bank account, maybe even UPI. Not sure of the charges applicable by either PayTM or ICICI for the transaction, though.
I bit the bullet and went ahead with ordering on Paytm today. Except for the order being successful message, nothing more happened with regards to the link to upload the RC copy.

Does the msg which contains the link for uploading file come immediately or takes a day?
Old 6th March 2018, 10:05   #2403
BHPian

I got the axis bank fastag with a new purchase of Polo GT from dealer. Really pathetic customer care and no option to send email / raise complaint. I have been struggling with this for the last 1 week without any progress.

I tried login to the account as a first time user, it said user already exists.
Then I tried reset my password, it never sends me OTP to mobile / email.
So I called customer care to check my email / phone is correct. They say both of them are correct and they don’t know why it is not sending OTP.

They refused to raise a complaint. They say such option does not exist.
I emailed my complaint to 2 email id, both of them bounced telling me to raise complaint via www.axisbank.com/support.
If you go there there is no option to raise a complaint for fastag customers. Its only the banking customer care.

Now I have contacted the dealer again to resolve it. Anyone has contact in axis bank fastag? I already have icici in my other car and it was much better than this.
Old 6th March 2018, 10:20   #2404
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_fan View Post
I already have icici in my other car and it was much better than this.
Since you already have an ICICI tag, couldn't you have applied for the tag yourself instead of going with the dealer's procurement on your behalf (and ending up with another provider like Axis in this case) ?

Another ICICI tag would have made it simpler for you to manage the tag accounts.

Last edited by NPV : 6th March 2018 at 10:21.
Old 6th March 2018, 10:55   #2405
BHPian

Thats true, I was not aware that it is mandatory now during the purchase. I got the welcome email from axis bank couple of days before delivery and then I came to know about it. By then it was already late and to be frank I did not expect it will so worse!

If nothing works, I will switch to ICICI in a month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Since you already have an ICICI tag, couldn't you have applied for the tag yourself instead of going with the dealer's procurement on your behalf (and ending up with another provider like Axis in this case) ?

Another ICICI tag would have made it simpler for you to manage the tag accounts.
Old 6th March 2018, 11:53   #2406
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareshraheja View Post
I bit the bullet and went ahead with ordering on Paytm today. Except for the order being successful message, nothing more happened with regards to the link to upload the RC copy.

Does the msg which contains the link for uploading file come immediately or takes a day?
Hi, I have ordered twice from PayTm and both times the order got cancelled. Why? Because I didn't upload the documents in time. The losers don't give a list of documents to uploaded upfront. The first time I uploaded the RC copy on the SMS link provided. Later when the schedule dispatch date had passed and I called CC I came to know that the RC copy has to be mailed to fastag.upload@paytm.com and fastag@paytm.com
I placed order once again after a few days. This time I promptly sent the RC copy to the said mail IDs. Again they missed the schedule dispatch date. Called CC only to be told that i need to send Adhaar copy for KYC. This even though I have completed KYC with PayTm a few weeks ago. I asked him why you don't list these on the website and he had no clue. He said I need to do separate KYC for Fastag. I said I will not send the Adhaar for KYC and let the order cancel. Today morning got message that the order has cancelled and refund is on the way. Good riddance.

Last edited by rajivr1612 : 6th March 2018 at 12:22.
Old 6th March 2018, 20:03   #2407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Stay away from IDFC bank fastags. My account is overwritten by some other fellows car details and name, address and even phone number. I am able to see the goof up since I have the web login id and password.

My balance is getting deducted!!

Raised a written and telephonic complaint. As usual guys are clue less.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhjain View Post
Pls share the details with me. Will have this resolved.
Quote:
Thanks abhjain. Have sent you a PM.
Thanks a ton abhjain. Your timely intervention helped and I received the new tag today from IDFC with my balance intact .

I am a delighted customer of IDFC. All thanks to abhjain
Old 8th March 2018, 21:23   #2408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Today morning got message that the order has cancelled and refund is on the way. Good riddance.
Strange. My experience has been quite the opposite. I placed the order on Sunday evening and received a text message with link to upload the documents on Monday. I uploaded a copy of the RC and mentioned my Aadhar number (no copies). I received an email an hour ago that Fastag has been dispatched. Let's see how much time the courier company takes but Paytm turned it around within four days.
Old 8th March 2018, 23:41   #2409
Senior - BHPian

I am wondering is there any way i can close the HDFC FASTag and get my refundable deposit money back.
All efforts are becoming futile.

-Ravi
Old 14th March 2018, 11:45   #2410
Distinguished - BHPian

Interesting move, however it's anyone's guess how they will categorize a tag to be valid or invalid.

Link
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2018, 11:59   #2411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
For now Attibele continues to have 1 dedicated fastag lane in both directions at the toll plaza.
I'm not sure if this will go away in the long term, but at the minimum, during the holiday and long weekend rush hours one can choose any lane and still use the tag for cashless payment (since dedicated lanes are also open for cash payments during these times).
I had a strange experience at Tumkur. I was not frequenting that side and did not know that fasttag was activated on all lanes. So I went heading to the dedicated fasttag line. As usual one barricade was rolled in, i thought it was to check if I had a tag to enter the dedicated line.

But it turns out that the dedicated lane is now VIP lane, and you must enter other lanes whether you have tag or not. This is ok on a normal day, but the tag and dedicated lane helped on a really high traffic days.

Now with this move I don't know how it helps other than digital deduction, there is no benefit. You still get into the crowded queues!!
Old 14th March 2018, 12:13   #2412
BHPian

Quote:
I had a strange experience at Tumkur.
Which Toll are you referring to. I am frequent user of Tumkur road and have never experienced such problems with my fast tag. On the contrary, I feel the Kyatsandra toll is better maintained than Nelamangala and other ones!
Old 14th March 2018, 12:23   #2413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autospeaker View Post
Which Toll are you referring to. I am frequent user of Tumkur road and have never experienced such problems with my fast tag. On the contrary, I feel the Kyatsandra toll is better maintained than Nelamangala and other ones!
The toll you get into first while returning to Bangalore, in the set of two toll booths there which charges 18 each. I think it is called Chokkenahalli
Old 14th March 2018, 15:19   #2414
Senior - BHPian

A recent news about FAStag.

Allow vehicles with valid FASTag travel free, if system can't read them: Highways min to NHAI

Quote:
You will be allowed to travel free through a toll plaza on National Highways, if your vehicle has a valid FASTag or any other smart tag with enough balance, but the equipment installed at toll plaza is unable to process it due to any malfunctioning or non-functioning.

Road transport ministry has approved the same and the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) has been directed to comply with the norm. NHAI had sent the proposal for ministry's approval in its bid to bring relief to commuters who have bought the FASTags and recharged them for smooth travel through toll plazas and also to make the toll operators responsible.
News Source : https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...2.cms?from=mdr
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2018, 16:03   #2415
Senior - BHPian

fast tags are scanned on almost all booths near BIAL.

I ended up waiting almost 30 seconds for the barrier to open up (not a dedicated fast tag counter) and ended up paying cash.

30 Minutes later the amount was deducted from my account.

already emailed fastag@paytm.com and tried to raise a dispute with absolutely no luck.

How do we deal with such situations ? The dedicated fastag lane was blocked and unmanned.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks