Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2016, 15:16   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Car with a TN number-plate in Bangalore?

Hasn't the tension relieved? May lord bless us with some conscience.

On a lighter note, it is better to have a non-TN and non-KA registration. It can be used in both the states.

During the unrest, we were on a trip to Pondicherry from Hyderabad via Bangalore.We were let off at many places including Hosur as our vehicle had Telangana registration.

On a serious note, if one wants to send their vehicle back to TN from Bangalore, one could travel via Chittoor and enter the TN border from AP. There are many such alternative routes to TN from Bangalore via AP.

Last edited by jetsetgo08 : 25th September 2016 at 15:32.
Old 25th September 2016, 16:14   #17
BHPian

I don't think there's any problem in bangalore anymore. In sensitive areas like mysore road / hosur road, rapid action force are already stationed.

And you shouldn't have any problem driving in the city.

Wait for one or two weeks more and drive your car carefree. No need to take such drastic decisions.
Old 25th September 2016, 16:25   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brutailer View Post
I don't think there's any problem in bangalore anymore. In sensitive areas like mysore road / hosur road, rapid action force are already stationed.

And you shouldn't have any problem driving in the city.

Wait for one or two weeks more and drive your car carefree. No need to take such drastic decisions.
I am giving this maybe a month or so. If it flares up again during that time - especially as I drive frequently between TN and KA - I will have to evaluate my options on just what to do (the most likely thing will be to sell the KA car, buy a TN car and stick to using it in TN or other states where the atmosphere isn't as heated up, and take a train and use a Zoomcar / Myles in KA).
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2016, 17:10   #19
Team-BHP Support

My car had HDFC loan and the same is marked in the RC book. Loan has been closed now, but the hypothecation has not been removed.

Can I just collect the Form 35 from the bank, and do it along with the re-registration process at KA? Or do I need to get that removed at TN RTO first, before applying for the NOC from TN?
Old 25th September 2016, 17:17   #20
Senior - BHPian

You can submit the remove hypothecation form as well as the NOC simultaneously.

That should work fine if you turn up at the RTO desk and ask politely.

Find what documents are required for each (all listed on the TN rto page along with downloadable forms) and take them neatly filled in / stapled in order and you should be fine.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2016, 17:39   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post

On a serious note, if one wants to send their vehicle back to TN from Bangalore, one could travel via Chittoor and enter the TN border from AP. There are many such alternative routes to TN from Bangalore via AP.
No need for this. If you are having a TN vehicle and you want to get it across to TN, the easiest is go thru Hosur - late in the night. And either ways, both the side cops will NOT stop your vehicle (ie, TN vehicle) leaving KA and entering TN. It is only the other way round that cops stop/warn you.

And FYI, even going thru chitoor into TN in a KA vehicle will get warned/stopped by cops. My relative had to urgently go to chennai few days back and he tried this. The cops point blank told that it is not safe for him to proceed and if any untoward incident happens, it was his responsibility. He took a chance and went, late in night reached chennai early morning. Parked his car there in a basement, again left late in the night from chennai and came back to bangalore!

Whew. What a mess! all this cloak and dagger stuff of spy novels where they describe border crossing in the cold war era! Seems like we are two different countries with all this mess going on

Last edited by haria : 25th September 2016 at 17:40.
haria is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2016, 18:16   #22
BHPian

I hope all orchestrated political anarchy in Bangalore is over. Now No need to Panic. TN people & TN regd cars will be safe.

I am buying a home in Bangalore to relocate by Nov/Dec.
I am going to buy pre-owned KA regd car.

I was in Jammu & Kasmir on 16th Sept doing Vaishnodevi trekking. On 18th URI attack happened.

KA is not Kashmir & Bangalore is NOT Srinagar to get panic.

KA riots are Typical for any Congress Govt messing up on Law & order situation using Kaveri water issue, it will die down soon.

KA govt knows 2016 is not 1991.

In Chennai police protection given to Karnataka Bank branches & KSRTC buses.

Let Peace prevail.

Last edited by harimakesh : 25th September 2016 at 18:17.
Old 25th September 2016, 18:41   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harimakesh View Post
KA riots are Typical for any Congress Govt messing up on Law & order situation using Kaveri water issue, it will die down soon.
KA govt knows 2016 is not 1991.
In Chennai police protection given to Karnataka Bank branches & KSRTC buses.
Let Peace prevail.
To be very fair - the KA police certainly acted fast after the riots happened. And took steps such as deploying armed RAF columns to ensure that it wouldn't recur.

I don't think anybody expected arson and violence - just rallies and traffic jams, the cops weren't geared up to expect violence the first time around, and there would also have been political pressure from across all parties to hold off, that they would have to overcome before taking any action.

Also - I won't touch on politics here more than to point out that the recent resolution to disobey the supreme court order on water release was unanimously adopted by the Karnataka assembly. Every single party member, independent etc across all parts of the state, even those that don't get a drop of water from the Cauvery, came together on this issue.
Old 25th September 2016, 18:53   #24
Senior - BHPian

To my mind, there is peace prevailing, though the sight of the police and the special protection forces still standing in a few areas does make us feel a little jittery.

Many of my office colleagues are bringing their TN bikes and cars to work and they haven't had any issues yet, though i aint sure if they go thru a feeling of being " watched" all times.
Old 25th September 2016, 20:04   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajinibm View Post

Even talking in tamil over the phone in a public place makes me stop the conversation

Oh cmon!!
My office has hundreds of people speaking Tamil freely inside and outside office premises. My neighbours speak Tamil!

KA government is concerned of its responsibility to provide drinking water to its people first! So, let's not react to their decision to Supreme Court order.
There are many things to it.

I have seen vehicles with TN boards around ITPL area of late. So, you can go ahead and drive your car peacefully.
balajisv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 06:06   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Many of my office colleagues are bringing their TN bikes and cars to work and they haven't had any issues yet, though i aint sure if they go thru a feeling of being " watched" all times.
BHPians might get a little bit more tensed about their vehicles. That's normal.

There is a slight tension at the back of my mind that similar situations might arise later as and when politics demand it, but I'm back to using the car properly now. Did almost 100kms inside the city just yesterday without any issues.

I'm changing the registration though as I'm anyways from Kerala, with TN registration car and KA road tax paid. Didn't change number earlier as there was a chance of going back to TN due to work requirements, but with the present situation, maintaining the number for such a small possibility doesn't make sense anymore.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 09:14   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
The NOC is easy, and as you have paid the road tax getting a KA number is easy too. The paperwork is straightforward - it just takes a month or two for RTO processes to take effect.

Once you get a NOC which takes say one day to go to the chennai police commissioner's office near the Dina Thanthi office in Vepery, get the certificate the next day (take along ID proof, RC copy, DL copy, insurance) - then take a copy of all that stuff along with the NOC application (form 28 in triplicate or quadruplicate endorsed by the financier if the car is under loan) to the RTO and hand it in along with your original TN RC in a small ziploc stapled along with the paperwork - keep a xerox of it. You will get a NOC within 2..3 days max.

That NOC form needs a pencil print of your engine number - hold a paper over the place in your car where the numbers are etched and rub a pencil over it in slow / gentle strokes, or as the number is usually etched in a very awkward spot have someone help hold the paper while you rub the pencil.

After that take the NOC along with a copy of all the other paperwork (form 29 / 30, insurance, old rc copy, copy of the already paid life tax in KA receipt etc etc) to your local RTO - mostly the non transport section - and then hand it in. You will get a new number after say 45 days.
I am really warming up to taking 2 days off and heading out to Chennai to sort this out. My car is registered somewhere in OMR/Shollinganallur so do I head straight to the RTO first or the Commissioner office for the other letter? I am hoping there is only one office of commissioner and no confusion there.

Also, I don't have any address proof for Chennai as I left the city 1.5 years ago. I hope that is not needed. Once I know where to go to, I will get the NOC for both my car and bike. The Bangalore RTO part is easier as it is very close to where I live. I may have to pay some road tax on the 7 year old Enfield but hoping that won't be a lot.
Old 27th September 2016, 17:53   #28
BHPian

Re: Car with a TN number-plate in Bangalore?

How is the situation in TN ? We have a holiday planned for week after (8 Oct) in Ooty and will be taking KA cars. Any inputs.

Last edited by KD007 : 27th September 2016 at 17:54. Reason: missed the place name
Old 27th September 2016, 18:10   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD007 View Post
How is the situation in TN ? We have a holiday planned for week after (8 Oct) in Ooty and will be taking KA cars. Any inputs.
From what I hear, KA cars are not being allowed to cross into TN at the Hosur and Bandipur borders.

My colleagues also got harassed by two guys on a bike at Gudalur.
bharat4ever is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2016, 07:50   #30
BHPian

Everyday I travel to Whitefield from Bannerghatta Road in a TN registered car. Its owned by my colleague and we do car pooling.

Till now there has been no unpleasant incident when ever we are in TN registered car.

People should stop worrying too much and take out the car, but keep a tab on the news and developments.

If you think its too dangerous then please get the registration changed for peace of mind.

Regards
chandrda is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks