Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2019, 17:29   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Driving an 18-year old PB registered petrol car in Delhi-NCR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCH View Post
My Honda city Petrol was March 2004 registered at Delhi. I got a NOC in Dec18. Since I am now staying at Uttarakhand; I got it reregistered for another 5 years by paying road tax/ green tax till March 2024and have a new UK number.

The RTO at Uttarakhand says that now since I have a new registration I can drive anywhere in India till March 2024.

Though the same needs to be verified at Delhi RTO.
You can drive it anywhere in India, except in delhi city. Even if the vehicle is out of state registered, if it is beyond 15 years petrol ICE, its not allowed within delhi.
mayankk is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2019, 18:33   #32
SCH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
You can drive it anywhere in India, except in delhi city. Even if the vehicle is out of state registered, if it is beyond 15 years petrol ICE, its not allowed within delhi.
In my case the vehicle has been declared fit, PUC is with in limits and so is the Insurance and RC now till March 2024. Not sure why the local RTO said it can also be driven in Delhi.

Are you aware of any link of the court ruling as no clarity is available and different interpretations of the rules are available.
Old 29th March 2019, 19:05   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
In my case the vehicle has been declared fit, PUC is with in limits and so is the Insurance and RC now till March 2024. Not sure why the local RTO said it can also be driven in Delhi.

Are you aware of any link of the court ruling as no clarity is available and different interpretations of the rules are available.
There's a video on this thread, or another one like this. It's by the Delhi traffic police, and they've put across their understanding and implementation of this rule. They've specifically mentioned a 15k fine and a court appearance for the first offense of being caught driving any 10/15 year Diesel/petrol car in Delhi.
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2019, 18:05   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

The RTO at Uttarakhand says that now since I have a new registration I can drive anywhere in India till March 2024.

Though the same needs to be verified at Delhi RTO.
Regardless of the RC, you cannot drive your vehicle in Delhi. Sporting an outstation number would increase your probability to be stopped whenever they are checking for this particular violation. Even Delhi cars have valid RCs for much longer but post this judgement, cannot legally run in Delhi.

Last edited by drmohitg : 1st April 2019 at 18:06.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2019, 15:39   #35
BANNED

Quote:

Except Delhi, or except NCR?
Whats the status of Noida, or Gurugram?
HyperRetard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2019, 18:58   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperRetard View Post

Except Delhi, or except NCR?
Whats the status of Noida, or Gurugram?
Except Delhi. Rest of ncr is fine for now.
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 17:00   #37
BHPian

Hi all,

I used my Mitsubishi Lancer in Delhi NCR from Nov 2017 to Sep 2018. When NGT ban finally got strengthened, I did not take risk. I sent my Lancer back to hometown Ludhiana immediately and brought my Dad's Honda City CVT for daily usage in Faridabad. But it was way too boring & it changed the way I drive. My friends would say that I drive slower than even cycle Rickshaws. People would fall asleep when travelling with me. So, I started looking for a solution. Finally, in June 2019, got a 2012 Mitsubishi Cedia Sports for driving in Delhi-NCR, a perfect replacement for my 1999 Lancer. I hope I will be able drive it without a problem till year 2027 ! And my driving style became normal again.

Car guy problems
PSM_360 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2020, 09:10   #38

Starting this thread again after a long time.

I'm in a similar situation now and need help in deciding the way forward.

We have a perfectly healthy, low milage 2010 Ford Figo Diesel which has a MP registration.

I have recently moved to Gurgaon and need a car. I can either get that Figo use it for a couple of years till I leave Gurgaon. Or sell it in MP and buy a car here.

The Figo is fetching me around 1.5 lakhs and a comparable car here can only be bought for around 3 lakhs as I will have to go for a 2014/15 model given the 10 year rule.

1. While the Figo has all documents up to date, is it still driveable in Delhi, legally?
2. What is the on ground reality of 10+ year old, different state registered diesel cars in Delhi now?
Old 15th October 2020, 12:23   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShreyasGupta View Post
1. While the Figo has all documents up to date, is it still driveable in Delhi, legally?
2. What is the on ground reality of 10+ year old, different state registered diesel cars in Delhi now?
Greetings,

Welcome to the Team-BHP community Shreyas.

Legally saying, it's illegal to drive a 10 year old diesel car in Delhi-NCR. You will liable to be fined for the same and worst case scenario, the authorities will impound your vehicle on the spot. (this had happened to a few of my friends-acquaintances). So don't take the risk of getting your car over here.

Moreover, I have observed that in the past few days/weeks checking by RTO have increased for vehicle registered outside the vicinity of Delhi-NCR. I may be wrong but it's just an observation.

I am sure you'll be able to get a good deal on pre-owned cars.

Happy and safe driving.

Thanks.
Old 15th October 2020, 14:01   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShreyasGupta View Post

The NGT rule is in force for entire NCR region including delhi, noida faridabad gurugram. However except delhi, cops in UP noida and haryana cops in faridabad gurugram seldom check for cars exceeding the 10 year diesel rule. You can easily use the car in gurugram without hassles, however there is strict checking in delhi and since its running MP plates you are bound to get stopped, if the only use is in gurugram then use it by all means but of travelling to delhi or via delhi is also necessary then avoid this car.

Hope that helps
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2020, 21:53   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by adv.yzr View Post
Welcome to the Team-BHP community Shreyas.
Thanks!

Thanks for the suggestions on this @adv.yzr & @Born 2 Be Wild.

I will search for a pre-owned car and sell the Figo in MP.
Old 30th January 2021, 21:48   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Mine is a 14 year old Diesel. For petrols, anything over 15 years is in the same boat.
How are you handling the insurance issue? Are you able to to renew insurance without any hassle and would the insurance claim be denied due to the possible illegal usage of the vehicle?
Old 30th January 2021, 22:04   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
How are you handling the insurance issue? Are you able to to renew insurance without any hassle and would the insurance claim be denied due to the possible illegal usage of the vehicle?
Insurance was renewed year on year, but I was told last year only that any claim, if raised, would not have been honored. You should check your registration status with Vaahan.
The Tucson has been scrapped now.
Old 30th January 2021, 22:23   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Insurance was renewed year on year, but I was told last year only that any claim, if raised, would not have been honored. You should check your registration status with Vaahan.
The Tucson has been scrapped now.
If it is not too much trouble, could you please explain how the scraping process worked? Did you receive any payment or did you have to pay for it?
Old 30th January 2021, 23:17   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
If it is not too much trouble, could you please explain how the scraping process worked? Did you receive any payment or did you have to pay for it?
I gave it to MG people. There's usually one person in every dealership who handles such exchanges. I got some money for it, and he sent across pictures of the car getting scrapped. The cancellation of RC, that is still pending, and should happen in another month or so.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks