Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 29th March 2019, 17:29   #31
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Driving an 18-year old PB registered petrol car in Delhi-NCR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCH View Post
My Honda city Petrol was March 2004 registered at Delhi. I got a NOC in Dec18. Since I am now staying at Uttarakhand; I got it reregistered for another 5 years by paying road tax/ green tax till March 2024and have a new UK number.

The RTO at Uttarakhand says that now since I have a new registration I can drive anywhere in India till March 2024.

Though the same needs to be verified at Delhi RTO.
You can drive it anywhere in India, except in delhi city. Even if the vehicle is out of state registered, if it is beyond 15 years petrol ICE, its not allowed within delhi.
mayankk is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2019, 18:33   #32
SCH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
You can drive it anywhere in India, except in delhi city. Even if the vehicle is out of state registered, if it is beyond 15 years petrol ICE, its not allowed within delhi.
In my case the vehicle has been declared fit, PUC is with in limits and so is the Insurance and RC now till March 2024. Not sure why the local RTO said it can also be driven in Delhi.

Are you aware of any link of the court ruling as no clarity is available and different interpretations of the rules are available.
SCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2019, 19:05   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In my case the vehicle has been declared fit, PUC is with in limits and so is the Insurance and RC now till March 2024. Not sure why the local RTO said it can also be driven in Delhi.

Are you aware of any link of the court ruling as no clarity is available and different interpretations of the rules are available.
There's a video on this thread, or another one like this. It's by the Delhi traffic police, and they've put across their understanding and implementation of this rule. They've specifically mentioned a 15k fine and a court appearance for the first offense of being caught driving any 10/15 year Diesel/petrol car in Delhi.
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2019, 18:05   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

The RTO at Uttarakhand says that now since I have a new registration I can drive anywhere in India till March 2024.

Though the same needs to be verified at Delhi RTO.
Regardless of the RC, you cannot drive your vehicle in Delhi. Sporting an outstation number would increase your probability to be stopped whenever they are checking for this particular violation. Even Delhi cars have valid RCs for much longer but post this judgement, cannot legally run in Delhi.

Last edited by drmohitg : 1st April 2019 at 18:06.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2019, 15:39   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post

Except Delhi, or except NCR?
Whats the status of Noida, or Gurugram?
HyperRetard is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2019, 18:58   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperRetard View Post

Except Delhi, or except NCR?
Whats the status of Noida, or Gurugram?
Except Delhi. Rest of ncr is fine for now.
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2019, 17:00   #37

Hi all,

I used my Mitsubishi Lancer in Delhi NCR from Nov 2017 to Sep 2018. When NGT ban finally got strengthened, I did not take risk. I sent my Lancer back to hometown Ludhiana immediately and brought my Dad's Honda City CVT for daily usage in Faridabad. But it was way too boring & it changed the way I drive. My friends would say that I drive slower than even cycle Rickshaws. People would fall asleep when travelling with me. So, I started looking for a solution. Finally, in June 2019, got a 2012 Mitsubishi Cedia Sports for driving in Delhi-NCR, a perfect replacement for my 1999 Lancer. I hope I will be able drive it without a problem till year 2027 ! And my driving style became normal again.

Car guy problems
PSM_360 is offline   Reply With Quote