Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2019, 17:05   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: Son pushes gifted BMW gifted by dad into river. Reason? He wanted a Jaguar!

'desa ma desh, Haryana' For any one wondering what that means, there are many states but Haryana is one of the best.

Brilliant what the kid did. He must have achieved something to deserve a BMW from his father. Being born a son is also considered one of the achievements.

Carry on kid!
bigron is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 17:12   #32
BHPian

Imagine the havoc he would have created with the BMW on the roads in his "current mental state" Moreover I think his parents also need to be diagnosed, wonder what made them even gift him a weapon to mass destruct!!!
Old 12th August 2019, 17:21   #33
BHPian

Shocking! Unfortunately, seems neither the kid nor the parents understood the value of money considering fast money. I recall in mid 90s when i pleaded my mom to get me a Kinetic Pride for my 11th std and my mum asked me to get 85%+ in my 10th CBSE Board exams. I did, but then my mum got my brother and me a blue TVS Champ with her hard earned money a year later. The first car i bought was after working for 6 years post my MBA and that too from my dad - his blue Maruti Zen with the carburetted engine after my mum's insistence. The reason for this was mum was teaching me the fact that money doesn't grow on trees for my parents too. Alas! generation change. Perhaps, the kid clearly shows the distinction between being rich and wealthy. Money doesn't buy class does it.

Last edited by Aditya : 13th August 2019 at 06:48. Reason: Typos
akshays is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 17:24   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
Nothing to feel horrified about here, folks.. no harm done, just a car. The kid will learn in due course when the unlimited becomes limited.
The harm done here is not the "BMW" being pushed into the river. It is the mentality that someone can do as they please, especially in/with public property.

Also, the kid will not learn when the unlimited becomes limited. The kid will destroy/abuse something that is not his.
libranof1987 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 17:46   #35
BHPian

Apparently this kid had sold his Toyota Fortuner 2 months ago and bought this BMW. Ever since he was feeling cramped inside this car and he badly wanted a Jaguar. He wanted to sell BMW to get Jaguar and his dad wasn't agree.

One fine morning he left home without telling anyone and pushed his car in river. The locals thought some accident had happen and dived into river and later found that no one is in the car and this notorious guy had deliberately tried to murder his car.

Source - Aaj Ka Anand Hindi daily
dicor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 18:32   #36
BHPian

For such a mindset, he deserves a Social Service at the minimum. Feeling terrible for BMW, and that car for particular!
Zinda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 19:15   #37
Senior - BHPian

A lot of folks are wondering how this could have happened.

You see, it's not a difficult task if you follow the right procedure:

So here are some tips on

HOW TO GET YOUR SON TO PUSH HIS BMW INTO A RIVER for DUMMIES

from another post on team-Bhp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post

1. Not controlling their kids:
Indian travellers with small kids tend to let them loose to do their own thing. Kicking the back of the seat ahead on a flight, playing with and dropping cutlery & food to the floor in a restaurant, screaming & bawling, colliding with other people while running around, making a mess in the hotel room and restrooms - all of this is dismissed by parents with a comment of "bachcha hai, khelne do" (they're just kids, let them play). .

At a restaurant a few days later, there was a loud crash that made me jump - and there was this Indian kid overturning the chairs one at a time, while the parents and other members of the family were busy talking amongst themselves as if nothing was wrong with their kid's behaviour.

If one is a typical Indian inconsiderate dad of the likes mentioned in the post above, pushing BMW's into rivers will come easily for your spoilt brat when he grows up.

Last edited by AMG Power : 12th August 2019 at 19:33.
AMG Power is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 21:31   #38
BHPian

The Times o India article linked below provides more details.
First of all, it is not clear how rich this family is. They have 25 acres of land and depending upon the location and fertility of the land, the price of it might be as low as 25 lakhs to 5 crores unless it is near a city or a major road. This doesn't make them ultra rich. Their other car is a Swift. However, the father stated that they have constructed more than 50 quarters to rent to labourers. It is not clear where these have been constructed. Hopefully it is on their own land and not on encroached public land. This activity seems to lend them the air of political connections and being muscle men as normal people won't be able to handle 50 plus poor tenants. So they could be well off from this angle.

Finally, the SHO states that the youth "got an Innova from his in-laws". In this case, should he not be prosecuted for a dowry offense?

Read more at:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...campaign=cppst
Lobogris is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th August 2019, 04:51   #39
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Son pushes gifted BMW into river. Reason? He wanted a Jaguar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrik Singh View Post
If he is Mentally Unstable, as clarified by his Parents, why did they gift him a BMW or even any Motorised Vehicle ? So that he could go berserk on roads and kill others ?

Absolutely right.
This kind of bloke is the perfect candidate for the loony bin.
And his parents as well.

But then we also have the great and the good and the 'entitled' like a certain celebrity man whose name has a passing resemblance to a species of fish (Salmon - For the uninitiated), who did indeed cause a few deaths through rash driving or DUI and got off scot free.

Our country frankly, despite our ancient culture, has a very long way to go in terms of moral and civilizational development in the current scenario of too much money and power resting with all the wrong types of people.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2019, 07:08   #40
BHPian

The car made it to front page of Fox News..albeit for all the wrong reasons
Attached Thumbnails
Son pushes gifted BMW gifted by dad into river. Reason? He wanted a Jaguar!-0c4bca442c614791b28be061c560d596.png  

Old 13th August 2019, 08:09   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like all their money won't do them good when it comes to bringing up a responsible son, or managing the media guys!
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2019, 10:11   #42
BHPian

I am really sorry as i am going to hurt some sentiments but i need to say this:

I am kind of happy with what happened. Since he is rich and spoilt and now that his parents know what he is capable of doing, he will surely be given a new car. At a time when the industry is over 30% down, each new car counts

This kid (so, called) will now help industry battle recession, in his own unique and small way!
Old 13th August 2019, 10:20   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
i am going to hurt some sentiments..

...he will surely be given a new car.

If you are going to hurt some sentiments do so properly and mention make of car also.

We find it very difficult to guess that.
Old 13th August 2019, 10:37   #44
BHPian

This lad has gathered attention of world media also.

https://nypost.com/video/spoiled-bra...nted-a-jaguar/

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-49305126

https://www.news.com.au/finance/mone...7e1b0cd34e6fdc

Folks in Jaguar must be feeling proudy.
NH08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2019, 12:25   #45
BHPian

I bet the father deserves this for raising an insouciant kid and worse demeaning 'mentally unwell' folks. I hope both father and son get ridiculed for this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks