Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2020, 22:13   #1
BHPian

Zoom Car Fraud: Not returning deposits & not facilitating refunds

Some news about Zoomcar not processing refunds as efficiently as before.

Not aware of the authenticity, but sharing it nonetheless.

https://inc42.com/buzz/customer-mone...ar-ceo-unaware
rakirank is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 12th July 2020, 02:51   #2
BHPian

Re: Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakirank View Post
Some news about Zoomcar not processing refunds as efficiently as before.

Not aware of the authenticity, but sharing it nonetheless.

https://inc42.com/buzz/customer-mone...ar-ceo-unaware
Add me to the list, I cancelled my trip in March and haven’t received any refund yet. I had forgotten about the whole thing and a tweet regarding the same reminded me about my trip as well.
turbowhistle is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 06:50   #3
BHPian

Re: Zoom Car Reviews - Pathetic Service

I availed Zoomcar selfdrive to drive from Pune to Hyderabad on 22August.

So, the story about zoomcar not processing refunds and holding the amount back is true. There are numerous reviews on playstore which claim that refunds have not been issued for many months.
Initially I was told that my refund will be processed within 24hrs of travel completion but, the customer care now is going back on that and telling me to wait for 30days. If I had seen this thread or the negative reviews pouring in, I would not have booked on Zoomcar

Refund apart, the car allocation procedure is also horrible. My allocation was changed twice and finally allocated car is not road worthy. Both front and rear bumpers were damaged and one rear tyre is totally bald. Yet Zoomcar refused to allocate a better car and asked me to drive or drop

Since, I can't cancel the trip, I had to accept it and drive carefully.
On top of it, the fuel is near empty and I had to do a tankful with my money (though they said they will refund, now that is long wait).
My booking is for a Creta with five airbags where as the final car is with just two airbags (lowest model) and that too with air bag malfunction indicator on dashboard.

I don't recommend zoomcar to anyone for urgent/ long drives.

Last edited by deetee : 24th August 2020 at 06:51.
deetee is offline   (48) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 11:34   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetee View Post

I don't recommend zoomcar to anyone for urgent/ long drives.
Oh my !

About to finish a booking - An interstate drive from Hyderabad to Vijayawada costing 4300/ for a VW Polo -275 Free Km . Car came with almost empty tank and keeping in mind that everytime, the refund for fuel was smooth, I got the tank filled up along with the interstate travel permit.

Though the car was quite good and delivery was almost hassle-free ( delay in profile verification - though I had multiple trips in my profile) , this refund delay is making me nervous.
poised2drive is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 18:28   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post
Oh my !

About to finish a booking -Car came with almost empty tank....I got the tank filled up a... this refund delay is making me nervous.
That's how they are doing these days. I too filled it up fully and when I returned the car with a little more than half tank, almost 4-5 attendants came to see the car exclaiming that it returned with half tank of fuel. I was wondering what the fuss... but now I understand.
There are numerous (thousands) of complaints on zoom car twitter account that even cancellations refunds are not being issued for more than 2-3 months. It looks like calculated corporate theft. Unless the customers come together and lodge a collective complaint against the company, authorities are going to turn a blind eye. In the meantime, the company will collect small amounts from thousands of users and turn the board.

It is almost like a micro chitfund scam.
Please be aware --- don't book zoomcar.

Last edited by deetee : 25th August 2020 at 18:32.
deetee is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 10:19   #6
Team-BHP Support

Re: Zoom Car Fraud: Not returning deposits & not facilitating refunds

Zoom Car Fraud: Not returning deposits & not facilitating refunds - Posts moved to a new thread.
Aditya is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 10:32   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post
Oh my !

About to finish a booking - .
Quote:
Originally Posted by deetee View Post
That's how they are doing these days. I too filled it up fully and when I returned the car with a little more than half tank,
Please be aware --- don't book zoomcar.
Finished the drive and handed over to the executive.

The drop-in was hassle-free and he did not take any special care to look at the fuel guage, probably too busy as he was only the person in the point.

I have driven some extra km and I got to pay some extra charge but I withheld since I have to get refund. Got a message about processing of refund ( which seems to be a joke ) .
Shall update later.
poised2drive is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 11:18   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Just an FYI guys. I am hearing that the company is massively strapped for cash. They've tried various pivots to the business model and most of them have tanked. New investors are hard to find, and this lack of cash shows in the pathetic condition of their cars / fleet.

Shame on ZoomCar to not return customer money like this.

Here are some more horror stories - link.
GTO is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 27th August 2020, 10:20   #9
BHPian

Except for the lucky few never found their cars on road in a presentable condition. Although i toyed with the idea but never booked with them.

Customers must do a
1. No credit policy
2. Goods will be delivered against realisation of full payment
3. Refund money, take your car.

If they say 24 hours or 30 days, say you will also get your car in 24 hours or 30 days.

Say, 25 people coordinate and do this across India on the same day they will come into the right path automatically.

Last edited by bharatbits : 27th August 2020 at 10:27.
bharatbits is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th August 2020, 10:30   #10
BHPian

I had a booking for Zoomcar Scorpio from 10-14 April in Mangalore. With some discounts and offers I had paid 7,600 INR including security deposit.

Due to Covid, I cancelled my booking on 25th March and got my refund on 26th March back on my CC. I think I am one of the lucky few.
I think I am jinxed when it comes to Zoomcar, this is the 2nd booking in as many years that I had to cancel their booking.

But both times, they refunded immediately. Right now, I am sure they are out of Cash and left with unused and pathetic cars that have been stationary for the last 5 months. Unfortunately, covid has demolished such already negative businesses.
DieselAnna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2020, 10:30   #11
Senior - BHPian

This company has had customer service issues right from the word go. The CEO is an unscrupulous guy who's made some weird statements earlier as well.

They have pretty much been buried by covid like the rest of the transportation sector and have no money to spend since investor funds have totally dried up. I doubt anyone is getting their refunds back.
Old 27th August 2020, 11:09   #12
BHPian

For the BHPians and consumers who have t received their refund in months, the legal route is the best option since a company cannot hold your funds for long since they earn interest on it and the same would attract returns if invested elsewhere.

I would push for refund + interest or any other extra on top of that for ‘parking’ my funds with them (if I was in the same boat).
Old 27th August 2020, 11:12   #13
BHPian

Count me in to the scapegoat list too. Requesting someone to kick me soundly since I went with Zoomcar even after a sour previous experience in cancelling a booking. I booked a Zoomcar at the end of July and am still to receive the deposit. This is unethical as well as illegal at some levels. Have raised multiple queries, but to no avail. I am not able to reach anyone via customer care either. Needless to say, I have switched to Ola Drive till I am buying another car.

Last edited by evilmessiah : 27th August 2020 at 11:14.
Old 27th August 2020, 11:50   #14
BHPian

Count me in too. I am following up with them since March for refund of my deposit. Every time they are changing the date. Its too sad to see such unprofessional behavior from Zoom. Dealing with them is a pain itself, no response to calls, slow response to mails.
Old 27th August 2020, 11:53   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAnna View Post
I had a booking for Zoomcar Scorpio from 10-14 April in Mangalore. With some discounts and offers I had paid 7,600 INR including security deposit.

Due to Covid, I cancelled my booking on 25th March and got my refund on 26th March back on my CC. I think I am one of the lucky few.
I think I am jinxed when it comes to Zoomcar, this is the 2nd booking in as many years that I had to cancel their booking.

But both times, they refunded immediately. Right now, I am sure they are out of Cash and left with unused and pathetic cars that have been stationary for the last 5 months. Unfortunately, covid has demolished such already negative businesses.
I have seen that once you cancel the booking before it starts, the refund is smooth and hassle free. But if you continue with the booking, then there efficiency of refund goes down drastically. I have seen it on multiple occasions and only after constant follow ups, do they refund the money. Their customer service team is really bad and incompetent.

Also the Vehicles in Zoomcar fleet are not really maintained properly. Most of them are not even road worthy.

I have seen Revv being way better as compared to Zoomcar. Their refund process is very hassle free. Also, their cars are way better maintained then than the ones with Zoomcar. It might be because Revv has only hub at every city and Zoomcar has quite a few. Revv does charge delivery charges but i will gladly pay a few hundred bucks for properly maintained cars and a good experience.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 27th August 2020 at 23:47. Reason: u to you
Sounak04 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks