Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2007, 15:53   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
In TN, the RC contains the owner's photo.
In KA also they have Pics on your RC Book.
i have it on my bike papers...
Old 10th April 2007, 12:24   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
dude try that and then see. . unless you have genuine contacts. . these 'traffic' cops can make life hell very quickly.
Well.. in TN, I definetely can.. I once made a traffic cop in Chennai who wanted a Rs 100 bribe (for jumping an orange light, not even red!!) to run around for change becoz I had only Rs 500 note ..
Old 10th April 2007, 14:48   #48
BHPian

was the cop drunk? shame on cops!!!!
Old 11th April 2007, 19:12   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenivass View Post
The COP says sir I have been standing in hot sun from morning why don't you gimme 50 bucks and go away, thats what my colleague did. I witnessed this from front passenger seat.
that doesn't give them a right to ask for money (begging).

I also feel bad when postmen come every diwali etc for their "bakhshish". is there no self respect left in us. everything is fair for war, love and money.
Old 11th April 2007, 19:28   #50
BHPian

This one's funny and very very unfortunate...

For those who know the Eastern Express highway in Mumbai, there is a flyover, underwhich is the turn you make to go to Pune(at Govandi). i was returning from wadala rto in the afternoon at 4. I had given my license for some work to the RTO and had a reciept for it. I was approaching the signal at around 70 kph, when the light turned amber, which still allowed me to cross safely. But as is the norm nowadays, the traffic turning into the road started to move even before their light was green. Guess who got caught for jumping the light?! After much haggling I had to pay him off(since i didnt have a license and i thought that i could drive with the reciept), but the best was yet to come!!!

after taking the money, he shook my hand and then said to me in marathi " without license gaadi chalva, bindaas, phakta pakadla jau naka. Nahi tar fine lagta (drive bindass without a license, but just don't get caught, otherwise you have to pay up)......

Old 11th April 2007, 19:48   #51
BHPian

Its rediculous/strange thing happening to you. We should have some kind of spy camera in our car to catch these kind of stupid cops.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks