Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2021, 17:31   #31
BHPian

Re: Woman BMW owner forges Ratan Tata’s car number, luxury car seized

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post

How would insurance work in case of an incident? There will be only one policy with 1 VIN/Chassis/Engine number. Insurance is also hand in glove with the bus operators?
This was mainly done to evade the inter-state taxes, which goes by the registration number. Basically running with same plates for multiple vehicles in a fleet, with only one permit. I guess the insurance will be proper with the real registration no. Commercial vehicles don't save much by skipping the registration as the road tax is not paid up front.

Last edited by bejoy : 8th January 2021 at 17:33.
bejoy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 17:40   #32
BHPian

Lol this is so funny. If I would have been in her place I would have said, "Saab printing mistake ho gaya".

On a funny note, I remember one politician submitting a sworn affidavit that he/she completed their degree from one of the most prestigious universities in the world. When the lie was caught, the politician said it was a printing mistake and got away with it.
frewper is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 18:09   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
I am curious to know what is her car's real registration number?
The actual registration number of this 5 series is MH01DK1110

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
The BMW appears to be a 5 series from the 2010-2013 model years. Since the car is a dated model, it is unlikely that the lady or whosoever was the first owner, was "blissfully" using the same number plate since 7 years or more, viz. since the car was new.
The above mentioned car is a 2019 530D
Old 8th January 2021, 19:52   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikarthik View Post

Also, one gaping hole that I see in the e-Challan system via this post is that the system is not cross-checking the vehicle model or color with the registration plate number.
Forget checking model or colour, e-challan system does not even differentiate between car and bike. I got challan of Rs 500 for helmet less riding on Hyundai Verna the bikes number was similar to my car (one alphabet difference), so it was human error however the system should not have allowed sections pertaining to bike to be applied on car.
shashankrt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 19:56   #35
ike
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
This was mainly done to evade the inter-state taxes, which goes by the registration number. Basically running with same plates for multiple vehicles in a fleet, with only one permit. I guess the insurance will be proper with the real registration no. Commercial vehicles don't save much by skipping the registration as the road tax is not paid up front.
The goal of evading interstate state taxes might have been achieved, but even with proper insurance if you crash or kill someone without a permit, insurance is not going to honor any claims me thinks. But for people with good risk appetite (and some criminal intent) it can save a lot of money in state permits.
Old 8th January 2021, 22:33   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueSteer View Post
Mumbai Police have seized the BMW with forged registration number and shockingly, the owner of the car chose a registration number that belongs to the notable industrialist Ratan Tata.
The actual number is MH01DK0111 and not MH01DK111 and its a 1.7 years old Corvette.
Old 9th January 2021, 11:37   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTerrano View Post
So the woman has confessed but still her identity is being protected?
Why this discrimination?
Whatever happened to equality?

For those who might think I am being childish, compare this with a similar crime, where not only the man's name, but his pic was published as well
https://www.cartoq.com/fake-number-plate-man-arrested/

Or this, where the man was named for fake plates (no pic)
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/61423298.cms

In Indian context this is not called gender discrimination but it is sweetly labelled as women empowerment. As part of this project, women can do anything illegal and still walk unscathed. I remember reading a judgement few years ago where a judge had discharged a driver as guilt free in a hit and run case under the only reason that the driver was a Woman. Although I am to track that judgement, an article featuring judgement giving similar relaxation to women for road crime can be seen here

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thelogi...r-license-car/

Last edited by King_pin09 : 9th January 2021 at 11:51.
King_pin09 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2021, 13:22   #38
BHPian

Quote:
As per the woman, who was caught with the forged registration number, she did it for numerological reasons.
I guess numerology doesn't work after all!
Punatic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2021, 14:51   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikarthik View Post
Believing in numerology is not an excuse for a forged number! If the woman wanted particular number, she should have approached legally via RTO. It is just a lame excuse.

Also, one gaping hole that I see in the e-Challan system via this post is that the system is not cross-checking the vehicle model or color with the registration plate number.
Leave apart the vehicle model/colour, it does not even check whether its actually a two wheeler/4 wheeler.
A four wheeler was roaming around in Hyderabad with my brother's two wheeler number and was charged with No-Parking.
PS: It was bearing a "POLICE" tag at the rear.
When I raised a complaint as wrong challan, they asked me to visit station in person and give a written physical complaint. I told them Iam not going to come in person and it is upto them whether they investigate or not. I made them clear that Iam not going to clear the challan.
They are least bothered to take action. What is gonna happen, if that fake vehicle is with anti-social elements?
Here the case is of Tata, hence the progress. God bless India.
Old 10th January 2021, 12:09   #40
BHPian

She omitted the 0 for Numerology concerns and the same 0 ended up being a burden for her LOL.
Old 18th January 2021, 09:33   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmind View Post
Leave apart the vehicle model/colour, it does not even check whether its actually a two wheeler/4 wheeler.
A four wheeler was roaming around in Hyderabad with my brother's two wheeler number and was charged with No-Parking.
PS: It was bearing a "POLICE" tag at the rear.
When I raised a complaint as wrong challan, they asked me to visit station in person and give a written physical complaint. I told them Iam not going to come in person and it is upto them whether they investigate or not. I made them clear that Iam not going to clear the challan.
They are least bothered to take action. What is gonna happen, if that fake vehicle is with anti-social elements?
Here the case is of Tata, hence the progress. God bless India.
This is that fake vehicle bearing the police tag.
The number actually belongs to a two wheeler.

Woman BMW owner forges Ratan Tata’s car number, luxury car seized-challan.jpg
coolmind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2021, 09:49   #42
BHPian

Quote:
This is that fake vehicle bearing the police tag.
The number actually belongs to a two wheeler.

Attachment 2109762
Shouldn't you make few posts in Social Media? Like Facebook & Twitter and tag respective police departments / higher ops regarding this challan.

Specially when that said vehicle isn't only using your number, but also using Police sticker?

You should attach the challan & screenshot of vahan of that number along with the post & ask them for an explanation !!
NaXal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2021, 12:31   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
Shouldn't you make few posts in Social Media? Like Facebook & Twitter and tag respective police departments / higher ops regarding this challan.

Specially when that said vehicle isn't only using your number, but also using Police sticker?

You should attach the challan & screenshot of vahan of that number along with the post & ask them for an explanation !!
I have written a mail to Traffic CP, CP enclosing my brother's RC copy for proof that the number plate belongs to a two wheeler. There was no response from them.
After 15 days, I have forwarded the mail to State home ministry and CM's office. But that was not responded till date.
Old 18th January 2021, 12:58   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have written a mail to Traffic CP, CP enclosing my brother's RC copy for proof that the number plate belongs to a two wheeler. There was no response from them.
After 15 days, I have forwarded the mail to State home ministry and CM's office. But that was not responded till date.
Forward the mail along with the proof to few news channels, they will have a field day with it and I am sure some action will be taken.
speedmiester is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2021, 15:05   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Forward the mail along with the proof to few news channels, they will have a field day with it and I am sure some action will be taken.
Not unless you or the vehicle owner (the mahindra) is someone famous or popular. If its another "regular joe" even news channels will be least bothered. "Hamara desh mahaan"
gtonsing is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks