Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2007, 23:18   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Dileep, may i suggest alloys like these?

man , that car begs for the next size of rims at least !!!
Old 20th April 2007, 00:26   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DileepKS View Post
According to the brochure and the salesguy, the 1.6SXI DO NOT come with alloys.
Fiesta 1.6 Duratec SXI comes with 14" Alloy and has ford stopped ZXi in 1.6 ?

Last edited by abhibh : 20th April 2007 at 00:29.
Old 20th April 2007, 13:47   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DileepKS View Post
According to the brochure and the salesguy, the 1.6SXI DO NOT come with alloys.
Well, mine does & the website confirms as still available, which brochure are you looking at?
Old 20th April 2007, 20:21   #19
Senior - BHPian

I checked it up and yes the sxi comes with standard alloy wheels

It happened with me to once i took the test drive of the optra and the car wasn't pulling in the end it sale guy drove it back and said the car was out of fuel

and cong. man on the new car
Old 20th April 2007, 20:48   #20
BHPian

Well, I have a printed brochure with me that says 14" Steel for all the models across. The salesguy also said that alloys are not std.

I am not sure, but I kind of remember seeing steels on the SXI in the lot.
Old 21st April 2007, 23:01   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey dileepKS,
check out the ford india website - Ford India
The SXi comes with alloys, a CD chnger and leather seats along with electronically adjustable outside mirrors.

BTW, if the car was low on fuel, it would be giving jerks and would keep on stalling. It wouldn't affect the pick up all that much.
Old 20th July 2007, 13:02   #22
Senior - BHPian

Sorry guys, you guys were looking at an unupdated website.
From March 2007, 1.6 sxi comes with ABS, minus the alloys. I paid 23 K for a set of 4 Ford alloys.
Prior to March, sxi used to come with alloys, and ABS was optional.
Old 20th July 2007, 21:19   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
From March 2007, 1.6 sxi comes with ABS, minus the alloys.
Was ABS an optional extra on the SXi before this? Looks to me to be a good move, cos those original alloys look so bad that one feels like changing them the next day.
Old 20th July 2007, 22:23   #24
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on the car!

Good that you went for the 1.6! Have heard that its a pleasure to drive. Was surprised reading the title of the thread.
Old 21st July 2007, 13:27   #25
Senior - BHPian

Yup, prior to March, ABS was optional with 1.6 sxi, and cost about 27K.
From March, they increased the price of the car by 4K and were giving ABS with the car, but alloys were optional for 23K.
If you wanted both (like me), you ended up paying the same amount of dough.
Old 21st July 2007, 14:12   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Was ABS an optional extra on the SXi before this? Looks to me to be a good move, cos those original alloys look so bad that one feels like changing them the next day.
True. You get all the goodies that come with the SXi + ABS and you get to shod it with alloys of your liking. Smart move from Ford.

Ford take an awfully long time to update their website. For new product launches, they are usually on the dot. The new Endy for example. But it took them a few months to let us know that an EXi version of the TDCi was available. Is it so difficult to update? I am pretty sure Ford have a dedicated IT department.
Old 25th July 2007, 16:11   #27
BHPian

Can't believe it is already 3 months. She is at "in-laws" for second service.

The 1.6 is a real pleasure to drive, and she handles like a charm. Just "think" where you want the car to be, and she goes there. I am normally a very conservative/defensive driver, but the confidence instilled by her now allows me to reduce the margins.

I had a Padmini and am M800 before the US stint. And the US driving didn't really need any great handling skills. All you need is enough power to merge/pass and stability to keep you steady within the lane. Back in Cochin "Driving Hell", you REALLY need the car to obey your brain directly. The Fiesta does that for me, not the few smaller ones (WagonR, Alto, Santro) I borrowed before I bought her.

But handling is one thing, space is another. Finding lane space (since you drive all over the road), parking space etc is a pain with the bigger car.
Old 25th July 2007, 17:57   #28
BHPian

I had mentioned exactly the same problem with Fiesta in one of the other threads. At that time no one else had experienced this problem in team-bhp & I felt it was one off case.

My friend owns a Fiesta & he has this problem(sometimes) - however hard you press the accelerator, the car moves at its own pace. My friend also had heard the same complaint from his collegues also (atleast 2 others had similar issue). It may be a malfunction of some chip.
Old 26th July 2007, 15:51   #29
BHPian

Though I found the problem on the TD car, I can also relate to a similar problem on my own car.

It happens when you miss downshift, ie end up at a higher gear at a lower speed. The engine enters a "clumsy" mode and does not pull, but wouldn't die either. I found that hitting the clutch, revving up and then engaging again pulls out of the state, but that IMO wouldn't be good for the powertrain. Downshifting would be the correct way.

The "clumsy" ness is the same that I saw in the TD car, but there downshifting didn;t help.
Old 28th July 2007, 22:11   #30
Senior - BHPian

Oh!! dats interesting, you got a 1.6 with ABS for a TD!!! That means some poor customer is going to get that car soon! Coz to my best knowledge, Kairali ford did not hav an abs car for td!! infact i don't think they hav any exclusive cars for TD, because Last month when i went there for booking my fiesta, all 3 cars thd i TD'd 1.4,1.6,and the diesel were customer cars(to be sold) with speedos disconnected. I made sure that i got the car right from the yard, and followed it through reg,and pdi, was scared to leave it there!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks