Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2007, 19:37   #16
BHPian

An awareness programme for the existing drivers is fine but less effective. I am fully in agreement with surprise as people will laugh at the idea of seat belts & helmets. this is one state where people put up a strike against implementation of helmets. I feel the first thing which we can do is, make the habit of seat belts atleast in our & friends' families. The road safety & awarness programmes should start from the school because it should be a culture/habit rather than an action. Now people are just inheriting it from the existing drivers.
Old 26th May 2007, 14:21   #17
Senior - BHPian

I do not say that rash & negligent driving is common to Third World countries only, even the developed nations suffer this syndrome. But the frequency is pretty less.

The motor vehicles act has enough provisions to prosecute errant drivers; only if the law enforcers implemented the laws very very strictly.
Old 26th May 2007, 15:21   #18
Senior - BHPian

the attitude of some people is bloody irritating. i was on the way to airport driving arn 75-80 kph when this guy on a motorbike who was driving on the right suddenly looked behind as i was passing him and cut right in front of me .. had to slam on my brakes to avoid hitting the guy. looked behind and he was parked next to a sugarcane juice stall
Old 28th May 2007, 12:41   #19
Senior - BHPian

Hey..
@bottle.... i think these kind of behaviours have become very common these days by the road users... these days anybody and every body have strated to ride/drive.... i can just say people are going nuts....i think the problem will get worse as the vehicles getting more and more.....
Old 29th May 2007, 16:08   #20
BHPian

It seems it will take another month to get my beast back. A bend chassis will be replaced with new & the lower arm & what not except the engine which is safe barring the slight damage on the mounting. the view finder of my Lumix FZ50 is broken. Dont know whats gonna be the damage of this whole affair which happened due to a silly mistake.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 7th July 2007 at 15:10.
Old 29th May 2007, 19:27   #21
BHPian

Tough luck. Are you sure the damage to the chassis will be repaired completely? Do take care while driving, teh scorpio is not known for great handling, do exercise extreme caution when you get the car back.
Old 29th May 2007, 20:48   #22
BANNED

Man! That is badly hurt!
Hope it comes back as new.
Old 29th May 2007, 21:36   #23
BHPian

Oh my....!!

Judging by the shape of Scorpio.....guess the impact was toooo heavy..... and good to note that the vehicle has absorbed the impact well!!! the snap proves its a safe SUV right?!!

Good to know that you came out safely from such a bad accident!! seat belts rules!!!

Most importantly...its great to note that the fault was not yours!!! Well... careless drivers deserve it!!! He will be more alert from now on!!

Anyway...happened is happened!!! Relax and make sure that you get the car back in perfect shape from TVS !!!!

Last edited by nikkibike : 29th May 2007 at 21:37.
Old 30th May 2007, 10:37   #24
BHPian

Chassis is getting changed not repared, like all other parts.

Zak: it should be a new car as i am changing to the new bumpers and bonnet with that useless show piece scoop along with all damaged mechanicals. But the worry is I will miss your trip.

Thanks nikki. As you rightly said the challenge is to get it back from TVS. Eventhough the handling sucks, i feel safe inside that car.
Old 30th May 2007, 11:06   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mansidea View Post
Chassis is getting changed not repared, like all other parts.
what? ...................................
Old 9th June 2007, 19:27   #26
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by hari_rama View Post
OMG its the only stretch where i used to take the car above 80kmph.very nice road and also 4 lane.after reading your experience i am frightened.
The Alleppey Cochin route has 4 laning only between Cherthala and Aroor. The stretch between Alleppey and Cherthala is two lane. Even in the 4 laned part, there are too many cross roads etc to travel fast without tension.

The stretch near KVM is an accident prone area. A further km towards Cochin is the curved entry to Cherthala Bye pass, another accident prone area.

Rajesh, Alleppey, Kerala
(Marina LS BSIII, Oct 05, 24662 kms, 13.85 kpl, KL 04 T7722, 42km/day)
(Innova V Diesel, Jun 05, 23803 kms, 12.26 kpl, KL 04 S6336, 34km/day)
Old 11th June 2007, 14:26   #27
Senior - BHPian

Oooops thats bad!!

good luck dude
Old 22nd June 2007, 20:01   #28
NIP
Senior - BHPian

cabbies...what do we do with them ?! there must be a way one can choose a cabbie on long trips...like an 'experience-card' or something which shows how many years hes driving plus black marks for accidents etc...

its unreal how some people just hire cabs without knowing whether the driver got his license the previous day, or whether hes ever driven that particular vehicle before to get a feel of it...? its really scary...i can never trust cabbies...!!

mansidea...sorry to see your beast in this shape...hope its fixed and feels new again...!! please do post pics once its fixed...and of course...thank god you are safe !
Old 22nd June 2007, 20:06   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
what? ...................................

Possible re.. My Viva had 2 chassis changed in a span of 1 year..
Now its lying in my delhi house.

Godfather
Old 24th June 2007, 15:36   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
mansidea...sorry to see your beast in this shape...hope its fixed and feels new again...!! please do post pics once its fixed...and of course...thank god you are safe !
Sure NIP. the New chassis is installed and the lower arm is fixed. They are waiting for the front panels to come. Expecting it to come out in the first week of July.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks