Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2021, 23:09   #166
BHPian

Re: Driving barefoot / without shoes....

I am in two minds about it. Gently massaging the gas pedal with my bare foot brings up amazing fuel efficiency numbers in my baby TSI's MID. On the same time stomping on the brake with my bare foot has not been the pleaseantest of experiences either. ��
Old 19th April 2021, 23:32   #167
Distinguished - BHPian

In driving school the instructor was an old man, never let anyone wear shoes while driving that cranky old ambassador - but I was already used to driving with shoes, anyhow I obeyed the old man and his lessons still echo in my ears. The other guy who was with me used to get whacked on his head , I'm sure a separate set of words are ringing in his head.

I went back to shoes quickly, my feet hurts if footwear is too flexible, I cannot have the clutch pedal dig into the shoe sole, so no flip flops ,sandals etc. I certainly do not like vehicles that need a lot of clutch work, it hurts my feet.

Once in a while a new pair of shoes does make you conscious about your gearshift quality, but you get used to it quickly.
Old 11th July 2021, 10:21   #168
BHPian

I have always driven barefoot if wearing chappals/sandals or with my socks on if I am wearing shoes. I feel that I get maximum feedback & thus control over the car.
All my formal leather shoes are slip-ons and I keep a shoehorn in each of my cars in the driver's side door pocket. I remove my shoes every time, even for short multiple runs. It may sound like a chore to keep on removing & putting my shoes on, but I am now used to it.
Whether I am driving my automatics Grand i10, BRV, GLC , or ( now rarely), my manual Fiesta 1.6SXI it's shoeless any day.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks