Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2023, 00:02   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Presso catches fire; woman in labour & husband succumb to injuries

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajoseph04 View Post
Even the window or rear glasses can be unbreakable using these tools if they were tinted using 3M or similar films which is the case with 99% of cars!.
99% wow that’s some number. There is no data which says that 99% of cars are covered with films. Where did you get such figures ?
In fact after the 2012 high court notification, very few private car owners are putting films to save harassment from the cops. Many 3M, Vcool and such outlets have shut shop on films, simply because they are illegal. Here is a video which says what is legal and what is not.

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 12th February 2023 at 00:04.
Old 12th February 2023, 00:48   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
99% wow that’s some number. There is no data which says that 99% of cars are covered with films. Where did you get such figures ?
Ok. I assume you haven't tinted your car glasses with any kind of films. The percentage I said was based on my observation and may vary based on different locale. From my observation, I haven't seen a car that is not tinted with such films in Chennai. Unfortunately I couldn't get any precise data on this. You may run a poll to get an idea if you are really serious about the numbers. Possibly few manufacturers provide tinted glasses and won't need an extra film. But the first thing any new car buyer does here is to tint the windows with a 3m film with 70% visibility.
I know this is not the topic here My intention was to give a heads up to anyone with a tinted glass that such glass breakers may not work so that they are fully aware and can even take remedial measures.
Old 15th February 2023, 14:27   #93
BHPian

Now nearly 2 weeks after the event that took 3 lives, I am still very disturbed by this ghastly incident and its aftermath.

1) From various interactions I had, I see this incident has profound impact on many Malayalis, and people having S-Presso, like me. We did not buy S-Presso for high safety, but is completely shocking how the doors could not be opened from inside. Frankly would gladly do without central locking if we knew central locking comes packaged with such pain.
2) A key villian in all this is the manual override to open the door not working. The driver had enough presence of mind to get the door opened for the people seated in the rear manually while was unable to open the doors in the front for him or his wife. This is even more important to test and ensure is working than usual aspects catching the limelight like airbags.
3) There is no news or updates about this incident or its follow-up over the last week. Maybe it is natural flow and people have moved on to other things.
4) Really worrying that there is no feedback from manufacturer.
5) There are indeed more skeletons that have come out regarding S-Presso's quality. For example a video on Malayali youtube channel showed multiple issues including the welding joints / jutting out, poor dashboard quality even when compared to cars like M800, very thin wires used, etc. This clearly does not do Maruti any credit and would ideally have needed Maruti addressing these issues.

Last edited by manij : 15th February 2023 at 14:30.
manij is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 09:36   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manij View Post
4) Really worrying that there is no feedback from manufacturer.
5) There are indeed more skeletons that have come out regarding S-Presso's quality. For example a video on Malayali Youtube channel showed multiple issues including the welding joints / jutting out, poor dashboard quality even when compared to cars like M800, very thin wires used, etc. This clearly does not do Maruti any credit and would ideally have needed Maruti addressing these issues.
We all know the safety of Maruti cars, but this post is not about the safety or tin can built or something similar. This is about the manufacturer. After such a horrific incident and similar other incidents, has Maruti as a car manufacturer done any investigation in this matter ?
With over 40% market share, Maruti is just interested in selling cars in volume. And I will never blame them as it is we as consumers to blame. Maruti will never investigate or answer because we have learnt to move on and this is like just any other accident for us. Isn’t it ?
Old 16th February 2023, 19:54   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
Here is the Amazon link: https://amzn.eu/d/94JeyHn
It's advisable to have a spring loaded window glass breaker similar to the one in this video to make the task easier.

bajoseph04 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2023, 09:22   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed79 View Post
Please verify the facts about CO positioning before posting. CO is not as quick as 5 seconds to knock someone out even in high concentration. It would take few minutes even in high concentration to make someone loose consciousness.
Sincere apologies for posting without enough research. When I read this news, I just remembered an incident many years ago in Chennai floods when my neighbors' relatives passed away due to CO inhalation. But this is what Chat GPT has to say about this issue:

Can carbon monoxide make people go unconscious in seconds?
Yes, exposure to high levels of carbon monoxide can cause a person to go unconscious in seconds. Carbon monoxide (CO) is a poisonous gas that is produced by the incomplete combustion of carbon-containing fuels, such as coal, wood, and gasoline. It is colorless, odorless, and tasteless, making it difficult to detect without proper monitoring equipment.

When a person inhales carbon monoxide, it binds to the hemoglobin in their red blood cells, preventing oxygen from binding to the hemoglobin. This reduces the amount of oxygen that can be transported to the body's tissues and organs, leading to hypoxia (oxygen deprivation) and eventually, unconsciousness. The speed at which a person loses consciousness depends on the concentration of carbon monoxide they are exposed to, as well as the duration of exposure.

MOD NOTE:

Please do NOT post any responses from AI / ChatGPT. We take pride in our original thoughts, opinions & content.
Thank you for your understanding!

Last edited by vb-saan : 29th March 2023 at 16:57. Reason: Mod note added.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks