Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2007, 17:48   #31
Senior - BHPian

oops ... i dont dare to ride to chicpet and wont even dream of driving there hehe

Anyway you were lucky enough to get away with minor scratches.

All these kinds of incidents discourage me from using my car.
Old 1st August 2007, 22:38   #32
Team-BHP Support

Update:

Went and gave the car today to Lathangi motors. They have given an estimate of Rs.900 to get the headlamp back out and fix the panel gap.

I called up the innova guy who had hit the car and he has given me his address to come and collect the money tomorrow.

Ofcourse, I will be going with the bill to show nature of work carried out.
Old 1st August 2007, 22:40   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Brilliant. Nice work. Now try the same method for other parts that might need replacement.
Old 8th August 2007, 00:13   #34
Senior - BHPian

Vid - that Chickpet parking place is so freken cramped. They make a killing through the entire week. The parking attendants were dropped on their heads when they were children. Even when I parked there once he tells me to keep cutting right into a slot. I feel its too close so I ask my bro-n-law to look and he said it will touch. I just back it and move into the slot. No point telling him anything as he would just key the car once we leave.

May be its the same jack@ss who told the innova to keep backing.

Getting two bumps in one day is indeed sad. On the Bright side its two small bumps and not one big one.
Old 8th August 2007, 10:11   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Getting two bumps in one day is indeed sad. On the Bright side its two small bumps and not one big one.
Also, the innova guy was a very nice chap. Although he blindly followed the attendant he admitted that he dint see behind and went by what the attendant told him.

After getting the car repaired, I called him up and told him the amount and he has given me his office address to come and collect the money.
Old 8th August 2007, 10:34   #36
Team-BHP Support

Wow vid. You sure picked the right person to have an incident with! I wish they were all like that.
Old 8th August 2007, 15:08   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Also, the innova guy was a very nice chap. Although he blindly followed the attendant he admitted that he dint see behind and went by what the attendant told him.

After getting the car repaired, I called him up and told him the amount and he has given me his office address to come and collect the money.
Not bad at all. It could have been some fat guy from some village in north karnataka who came to collect his Rice sales money. He would have told you "Oye Yeenu?" and told you to pay for his damages.

Even the other guy was apologetic. so alls well that ends well
Old 24th September 2009, 00:16   #38
BHPian

I saw something similar in Akurdi pune some days back.
A 40Ton tractor trailer rig was going through when the signal changed.Spotting the policeman the driver stopped about three feet beyond the stop line. then he starts backing up the trailer; carefully controlling the trailer movement,too busy to note the SX4 sittin right behind him-horns blaring. He backed himself into the car. the huge truck just went into the car like butter.driver did not even know it until others sterted yellin at him.

Poor SX4 which was parked properly at the signals got a crunched nose.
Life is unfair at times.
But if its unfair to everyone equally..i guess that makes us even.
sorry for the free gyan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks