Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2007, 10:46   #16
BHPian

I feel that everyone face the same situation every day...All the dents and scratches on my car from other irresponsible m****s who care a damn about others properties...And dont even bother to say a "sorry".
My car got damaged twice, dent on my bumper which i rectified by slightly pressing from inside with some nasty scratches on the side and fenders, another one on the boot - looks like a two wheeler must have squeezed and parked between cars and must have fallen on my car, the handle leaving a dent and also a two wheeler turning and gave my beauty a slight nick with his A**. the worst part is that I dont even know who did the earlier two as the car was parked on the road near my office..
Old 16th August 2007, 11:06   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Ash_Vtec,

Can feel your pain through your words. I had a similar thing yesterday with my 2 week-old Aveo near Lalbagh Gardens because of the Independence Day flower show. Every year there is complete mayhem in the entire area due to rampant illegal parking by the tempos and buses etc which ferry in the plebians from around Bangalore!

Anyway, this XXXX in a auto decides to cut right into my lane when I am stationary (!) and simply drags my left side ORVM forward. Thankfully its at a very slow speed and the spring-loaded action lets it bend the opposite way. I immediately wind down the window and am rewarded by a contrite look and a toothy grin saying Saab etc...... Think what would have happen if I had bent HIS mirror! Complete morons all and absolutely no sense of decency and courtesy. Thankfully, only a minor nick in the mirror casing this time around.

Before I moved to Bangalore I would wonder why most Bangaloreans (specially) rant so much on T-BHP about 2 wheelers and autos. Now I know!

I think the anger against 2 wheelers/autos is much more as compared to the other metros because:

1. There are just many more 2 wheelers and autos in Bangalore than any other Metros as compared to cars (IMHO).

2. Lack of any restrictions on movement of autos: For e.g. Mumbai blocks all autos from Bandra/Mahim downwards to South Bombay which I think is a blessing. However, not sure same would work in a 'circular' city like Bangalore as opposed to the unique shape of Mumbai.

3. Lack of road space for the sheer weight of traffic. The less said about this the better.

4. Sheer impatience of most 2 wheeler riders when faced with traffic queues. They simply will not wait in queue even though the traffic is blocked as far as the eye can see. I don't see the reason why someone needs to scrape/squeeze past 4 wheelers when they are STILL faced with immovable traffic barely 10 feet ahead. IMHO, this impatience level is higher than what I have seen on Mumbai roads (worked there for 5 years). Maybe its because people there generally have much longer commutes and thus getting 10 more feet ahead is not a huge advantage to them!

5. Tremendous belief in the Gods as I have seen 2 wheelers weaving in and out of moving traffic at callous speeds, on wet and generally mucky roads and with family (+ illegally carried kids with no helmets of course). Brother, some of those moves I wouldn't contemplate in a 4 wheeler given the scope for devastating and fatal consequences!

I can think of so much more but then the rant would go on and on!

ItWasntMe
Old 16th August 2007, 11:41   #18
BHPian

Oh yeah, i ride my karizma to work, e-city and never agree more on this.
However I must also admit that 4wheelers are not much behind these so called bikers.

If anyone stays near banaswadi, You should be knowing about the lingarajapuram flyover, every day i see cars occupying the entire width of the flyover with no space for 2,3 wheelers to go by and results in bikers squeezing past cars, pathetic i must say. Same is the case with the stretch from richmond road to forum and the Hosur Road where We get to see 4 cars and no space for bikers to inch by!

Nevertheless, over 70% of 2wheelers are crazy and less thatn 30% of cars.

If I may request, please leave some space for the 30% sane 2 wheeler motorists, atleast they wont squeeze past us and create a problem.
Old 16th August 2007, 11:48   #19
Team-BHP Support

I happened to see a scene yesterday at Kundanahalli Gate where a kid was riding a Hero Honda Passion with no helmet, and had on pillion a middle aged man, along with another small kid. Dont know if i need to say anymore.
Old 16th August 2007, 11:58   #20
BHPian

damn dude i hope your car gets back into original shape soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmalts View Post
....God save "Namma Bengaluru"!
you said it buddy.... its getting worst day by day,
i have started a new thing, started to give thumbs up gesture to who every is driving crazy, wiz past me on street & most of time i end up meeting them in signal & there too i smile at em & make them conscious, it kinda working most of the time the driver usually slows down & sobers down his driving!
& if i end up cutting any one in traffic to avoid any mishap, give a high five gesture which seems to be working,

i really don't get it we Indian are supposed to be the most polite people, but as soon as we hit the road we turn into maniac's

the act of aggression which i used to do earlier on road with any one who cuts me off.. etc, only leaves me pissed off it sure does not work!
Old 16th August 2007, 12:00   #21

Seeing this thread reminded me of Bombay driving.
When I used to drive in BBY the first thing to do is make the autos and 2 wheelers non existant. ie if then try to come in between, scrape them slowly with your car and keep a stern look. If anything major happens start yelling in Marathi.
Old 16th August 2007, 12:42   #22
BHPian

Ash_vtec really sorry to hear about the damage.

Industries must move far away from Bangalore and take people to newly built cities if one needs peace of mind! It is cruel to be a middle class person in this country. Poor people don't have cars but know ways to torture the ones with cars. Richer ones either don't drive cars or can easily change/fix the damages!

Middle class aspirations find no respect in this country. And if you see it is the hard earned money that helps one buy a car!

But to say more yeah the middle class tortures middle class too! There are increasing number of new car buyers and families traveling in new cars. As much as they are proud they are blind in respecting others and their rights. I am talking about the parking places where scratching and scrapping is so common. You must see how proudly one opens the door and bangs the nearby car and gets down! Sick!

In this country abiding by law and respecting others space is so very scant!
Old 16th August 2007, 12:56   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
Ash_vtec really sorry to hear about the damage.

Industries must move far away from Bangalore and take people to newly built cities if one needs peace of mind! It is cruel to be a middle class person in this country. Poor people don't have cars but know ways to torture the ones with cars. Richer ones either don't drive cars or can easily change/fix the damages!
Agree with you so much! i think this is the only way to put an end to the mess.
Old 16th August 2007, 13:19   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If I may request, please leave some space for the 30% sane 2 wheeler motorists, atleast they wont squeeze past us and create a problem.
Request granted .
Old 16th August 2007, 13:47   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
The biker lost balance and both fell into the trench.Both pull up themselves and come out covered in muck and what not.. yukkk !!

Am sure an auto also wouldn't offer them a ride being in that stinky state.
i would have payed good $$ to see that, ROFL. rain or snow i would have got out of my car, taken half a dozen pics and posted it all over the internet!!!
Old 16th August 2007, 22:58   #26
BHPian

i can understand how most 4 wheelers feel.... my car was absolutely spotless before i brought her to blore.... after i brought her over... scratches and dents all over the car. And the best part, all of them bar one (a gift from a biker in front of forum) was done in my absence. And I dont blame just 2-wheelers and 3-wheelers. I also have retarded neighbours who place their buckets full of laundry on one end of my hood and drag it to the other end. The result? Scratches all over the hood that reminded me of my uncle's living room (btw,he had 3 year old twins). I had given my house owner a piece of my mind, but he says he is helpless. I have made up my mind that i'll never take my car to the body shop as long as i am in Bangalore cos it isnt worth it. She'll probably get scratched on the way out anyways!!
Old 17th August 2007, 00:38   #27
Senior - BHPian

' I have made up my mind that i'll never take my car to the body shop as long as i am in Bangalore cos it isnt worth it. She'll probably get scratched on the way out anyways '..

Thats what 99% of Bangaloreans do.. wait till the car/bike has a few dents & then make 1 trip to the garage to fix it all ...
Old 17th August 2007, 00:49   #28
BHPian

Point Taken

I agree with all the car owners here...and the miseries of pathetic Bangalore traffic. I ride my Karizma to college/work/everywhere else and more often than not if you are riding sanely, someone will cut you up. Also Bangalore has now got its share of moronic drivers and riders (no offense to anyone on the forum, as I am sure that being on the forum they would be responsible) 16 year old kids ride Litre class Superbikes without helmets, and wearing floaters. Common sight in residential areas like Koramangala, Indira Nagar and of course, namma MG/Brigade/Cubbon road.

Talking about car drivers, some moron with a GReddy sticker across the windshield would be screwing around with other road users having fitted an aftermarket exhaust tip with a s****y sound track. It is getting on my nerves. That is the reason I never go out unless absolutely necessary before 10 in the night or after 7 in the morning.
Old 17th August 2007, 01:42   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Thats what 99% of Bangaloreans do.. wait till the car/bike has a few dents & then make 1 trip to the garage to fix it all ...
Isn't a real speedy process when you love your car too much. 1st dent/scratch and then takes ages for the next one to come through. You tend to get very careful while driving or parking.

As for me it took almost 8 months.

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 17th August 2007 at 01:44.
Old 17th August 2007, 02:28   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Isn't a real speedy process when you love your car too much. 1st dent/scratch and then takes ages for the next one to come through. You tend to get very careful while driving or parking.

As for me it took almost 8 months.
Given that the traffic is sooo 'good' in BLR, its gotta be some luck if you can avoid getting a dent/scratch a day.
All thanks to the wonderful drivers of the 'Garden City'..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks