Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2007, 11:37   #16
BHPian

Yikes, didn't know those numbers were useless... But yes, I've been tempted to call & complain though, the way some of these guys drive ! Way to go EsteemLover ! We need more interventions like your's here in Chennai...
Old 14th October 2007, 07:40   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
So I decided to make them really late by calling the nearest cop & cajoling him into delaying these morons for at least an hour. The cop was very happy to do that for me. He tried the missing numbers on the vehicle, but could not contact anyone, so he left that job to the employees & the driver.
lolll! But tell me how did you manage to get the Sumo to pull over and wait for the cops? In case of rash driving without involving an accident, I thought there's precious little one can do about it.
Old 23rd October 2007, 10:18   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
i have seen these in chennai usually with one number removed
yup, ditto.
anywyas, one day this cab from Orix cut a friend of mine and I so bad, i was fuming. we chased the cab (which was going the same direction that we were) to get the number. anywyas, we found one number missing. So we called up a friend, who is a VP at Orix, and told him " boss, *** (where's the fire), this is how your cabs are driving", and gave him the number. we also told him that the number on the back has a digit missing.

felt nice.
Old 23rd October 2007, 10:24   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopz View Post
We can proactively do one thing - stop the car, deliberately make sure that the cab reaches his office late. If the public start doing such things (without taking law into their hands) I think we can teach them a lesson.
Its a loose loose game.
1. we get nothing out of it.
2. The cab driver gets fined.

what needs to be done is that the company- not the cab agency- but the company hiring out these cabs needs to be fined by the traffic dept.

When I was working in bangalore, I learnt that the cab agency is fined something like 20K (this is in 2002) for each cab coming late. Hence you have these dudes driving like maniacs. Many cab drivers own their cabs. so for them, if they can squeeze in an extra trip, they make more money. Which is sad.
If the company that hires these cabs is hauled up, they will inturn look at their systems to ensure that the cabs drive safetly.
Because of these cab drivers, I lost a friend. We kicked up a huge hue and cry, untill the management decided to "look into" the transporation system. After that, the usual executive mash up - it went into the "back burner".

Sometimes i really hate management and their page3 concern.
Old 23rd October 2007, 10:27   #20
BHPian

Well, some of you have been lucky. I once called up a number on the back of a food delivery van that overtook us so rashly in a small lane that it almost crashed into an oncoming pedestrian(one elderly lady) who stumbled and fell and probably bruised herself. I called the number and once i told him that a Maruti van belonging to his firm was driving rashly the owner was like
"Endha vandi saar? 7898'a?"(Which vehicle sir? 7898?) and I go
"aama" (yes)
he says "No problem saar naan'dhaan vandi'ya otren".(No problem only am driving the vehicle "...

I was confounded !!
Old 23rd October 2007, 10:44   #21
DRC
BHPian

There is an another number to report traffic violations and accidents..103...Even this remains unanswered most of the times!!!
Old 23rd October 2007, 16:49   #22
Senior - BHPian

We should form a vigilante group and start serial killing these murderers that call themselves drivers.
Old 23rd October 2007, 19:26   #23
Senior - BHPian

I called up those numbers few times: the results are following;
First call was resulted in fining the cab driver, cancelling his driving license
Second call was resulted in sending the driver to 6 months prison with fine
and the Third call resulted in whipping the driver in public also cancelling his license for 1 year. I wish it happend in India, sorry folks, it was just a dream that India would be like that one day, noone knows when in future !!

Moral of the lines: Never waste your time on this, because you will regret doing it; never use your phone for such calls, because nobody will pay your bill for doing it; never try to be an oversmart citizen, it can only bring excess anger and imbalanced blood pressure to your body. If you possess a strong body and high will-power you can stop such cabbies and threaten them to beat the sh.. out of him. May be he will come back to real life instead of showing off his speed to the girls in the cab. Mental torture works better than physical.
Old 29th October 2007, 00:16   #24
Senior - BHPian

yeaph yeaph these numbers seldom work and even if they do there is not much thats done about the rash driving.

seen the numbers on a lot of cabbies and the company vehicles of coke and pepsi too(but the numbers on these vans and mini trucks is at the end near the mud flaps and most of the time covered with mud and un clear) here in Hyderabad! need did not arise to call them yet!
Old 29th October 2007, 00:36   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

I thought most Chennai cabs had the number on the back ----- so that people can ring an book them!
Old 29th October 2007, 11:29   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
So we called up a friend, who is a VP at Orix, and told him " boss, *** (where's the fire), this is how your cabs are driving", and gave him the number. we also told him that the number on the back has a digit missing.
What was the action taken then, did you follow it up. Atleast we will know what and how they deal with these drivers.

I have noticed that many stickers that say 'in case..' are torn near the numbers area or only half the stickers are there.. but then this is again just a mandate that only needs to be put up and not to be followed

Way to go EL, i have had similar thought so many times, rather than imposing a fine, we should make them wait for sometime and also sent to moral/attitude class on road sense and general respect towards fellow drivers ..

has anyone seen these cabbies during night time, they will be absolutely zipping in all possible sides and will leave us zappped.. .. especially in the ECR and OMR roads in chennai
Old 15th November 2007, 06:37   #27
BHPian

Thanks for letting us all know that these numbers are mostly useless. Yet hope springs eternal, and one is constantly tempted to actually call these numbers to find out for oneself.
Old 15th November 2007, 12:18   #28
Senior - BHPian

Thats right bottle

Earlier I though that sticker has peeled off resulting in missing digit. But was shocked when I see the same thing in almost every buses that ply for IT companies.

Iam surprised how the Company which has hired the services of these operators keeping mum about this issue.

Whom's number supposed to be mentioned on the vehicles. Is it the operators in charge no or the companies incharge persons number?

Either case the person responisble does not want to get disturbed by the public with often complaint calls. I wanted to take a snap and send it to the companies common email id (immaterial of any action initiated or not)
Old 15th November 2007, 12:24   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
We should form a vigilante group and start serial killing these murderers that call themselves drivers.

anniyyan in the making !!
Old 20th November 2007, 08:08   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
Yup, that happened with me somedays back. I tried to call up to complain against a speeding school bus and the guy said "Itni hi pareshani hai to gaadi mat chalaya karo road pe"
you should have replied, bring your family members on the road and let me do the rash driving , and i will make sure that they die... all sorts of slang is comming to my mouth after reading the above sentence... i hope you must have done that...it just increase my bp ...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks