Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2007, 11:39   #31
Senior - BHPian

One of my taxi-cab-owner cum driver friend tells me that these cab operating companies and drivers have the 'freedom' to violate any traffic rule and get compensated by the company that hires them. (Even the damages to the cars are compensated). It is included in their bills to the IT companies for whom they are operating. The Only thing the cab operators get penalized by the IT companies is 'delay'. This applys to those huge luxury buses as well. So, whatever we try to do with the cab drivers, operators gets nullified by the Company that hires them for their one and only objective to get their employees on time.

They are the ones to be taken to task and things will be far better...
1. Each cab shall display for which company they operate for.
2. Each time a cab violates traffic, the Company shall be pulled up by Traffic Police.
3.Display those company's name in Blogs, Websites and propagate them as encouragers of rash-driving in the City.

Above all, I believe IT companies shall have moral and social responsibility to make sure their operations doesn't hinder the public safety in anyway.

They all boast big achievements towards economy, but at the cost of Public safety..????
Old 10th December 2007, 17:26   #32
BHPian

If the IT (or any other ) company is promoting rash driving, it should be stopped. What can be done on this. Can the traffic police do something. If we notice the cabs ( especially Indica & Sumo/Qualis running for IT companies) almost all have dents and scratches which clearly shows the way they are handled on the roads. They are becoming real threat to the public safety and other vehicles. Its high time that the traffic police and authorities do something on this.

-Arun
Old 13th September 2008, 11:30   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Seems like these call center cabs are a menace everywhere.
The problem with these vehicles, particularly here in Delhi, is that all are Haryana registered (HR XX XXXX). Please correct me if I am wrong, but it seems like even traffic cops can not send challans for traffic violations to the person or company the cab is registered with, simply because it carries the registration number of another state and the RTOs are yet to be integrated. They can only be challaned if they are caught on the spot. If this is true then I guess its a pretty serious flaw in our system and the govt should integrate all the RTOs of the country so that a vehicle can be challaned for a violation it commits irrespective of which state it belongs to and where was it flouting the rules.
Old 15th September 2008, 19:11   #34
BHPian

We have this problem in Pune too. The call centre cabs drive anyhow and dont really give a damn for anyone else on the road.
I've tried calling the number - only to be hung up on. They don't care one bit. And yeah its not the fault of the driver - hes just trying to get as much money as he can. The companies should put them on a payroll and not make them think they are invincible. Maybe a bit of education would be good too.
Old 16th September 2008, 11:12   #35
BANNED

It would be excellent if someone creates a web site listing all the rash driving vehicles and the companies for which the ply. The we can circulate a chain mail giving its link to all the contacts in these companies saying "Is your company cabs a menace on the roads?"

We can also post photos to that site which would be effective in bring awareness and shame to these stupid so called corporates.
Old 17th September 2008, 17:51   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
I think we are sometimes the law breaker & sometimes abide by it.
Its all in our attitude
Well said.
Old 17th September 2008, 18:06   #37
BHPian

I have seen these stickers zillions of times. More than once wanted to call but expected either a wrong number or a engaged busy tone so have not bothered.

here is the anecdotal part - one day there was a sumo driver dirving so badly - really really slowly on MG road that I wanted to call up the feedback number and complain that he was too bloody slow... and thats the first time I called - and of course it was "this number doesn't exist" message that was played back.
Old 17th September 2008, 18:07   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skandyhere View Post
lolll! But tell me how did you manage to get the Sumo to pull over and wait for the cops? In case of rash driving without involving an accident, I thought there's precious little one can do about it.
Sorry for this late a reply.

I did not pull the sumo over. I just went ahead of him & stopped at an intersection & informed the cop on duty. The cop was waiting for him & stopped him.
Old 18th September 2008, 18:46   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
One of my taxi-cab-owner cum driver friend tells me that these cab operating companies and drivers have the 'freedom' to violate any traffic rule and get compensated by the company that hires them. (Even the damages to the cars are compensated). It is included in their bills to the IT companies for whom they are operating. The Only thing the cab operators get penalized by the IT companies is 'delay'. This applys to those huge luxury buses as well. So, whatever we try to do with the cab drivers, operators gets nullified by the Company that hires them for their one and only objective to get their employees on time. ........

.... Above all, I believe IT companies shall have moral and social responsibility to make sure their operations doesn't hinder the public safety in anyway.

They all boast big achievements towards economy, but at the cost of Public safety..????
Hi,

I have instituted strict checks on any complaints whether external or internal on any misbehaviour by or towards the cab drivers in the company I work for in Bangalore. Also all the employees have been informed that in case of traffic delays the drivers would not speed or break any rules and the employees are not penalised if they reach late due to this.

All our shift vehicles are also GPS enabled and we can track the average speed they travel on and in case of any incident, they can be tracked.

It is still not perfect but we are working towards improving the behaviour of the cab drivers working for us albit in a small way but Rome wasn't built in a day!
Old 19th September 2008, 11:27   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianrunner View Post
Hi,

I have instituted strict checks on any complaints whether external or internal on any misbehaviour by or towards the cab drivers in the company I work for in Bangalore. Also all the employees have been informed that in case of traffic delays the drivers would not speed or break any rules and the employees are not penalised if they reach late due to this.

All our shift vehicles are also GPS enabled and we can track the average speed they travel on and in case of any incident, they can be tracked.

It is still not perfect but we are working towards improving the behaviour of the cab drivers working for us albit in a small way but Rome wasn't built in a day!
Excellent. Great Initiative.
If only every IT company follows such disciplines, Indian city roads would be much safer than they are now.... Companies like Satyam, TCS and Infosys have thousands of vehicles from multiple contractors and have no measures to limit speed or rash driving whatsoever. Look at their vehicles. You wouldn't find one without damage. The Huge Buses are no less terror on wheels especially on the suburb areas...
Once again IR, please accept my appreciations...
Old 25th September 2008, 15:03   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Thats really good - but if you do get a complaint what do you do? The point is not about keeping tabs on rash and negligent driving, but actually holding people responsible and issuing reasonable penalties.

I dont mean to say your system is not good, i am sure its excellent and i am actually pleased to know theres something happening about it. But is it enough?
Old 25th September 2008, 17:29   #42
BANNED

Quote:
Rome wasnt build in the time of internet, mobile phones with camera's and blogs.

Which firm do you work for? Can you give us the name. Recently lost a friend to a cab driver.

Instead of attaching GPS devices to track speed why dont you add speed regulators which wont let the vehicle go beyond 40kmph, all these cabs run in the city where speed limits are 40 kmph but never manage 10-15 kmph.

I dont understand why it is such a big task to reign in these killer cabs, and for heavens sake you are not building Rome.

What i know is that companies which hire these cab services dont have the spine to stand up to the cab unions and let people die because of their attitude.

How many years has it been since these menace has started on our roads? you are still building your Rome? Comeon man give us honest answers. No one cares man. Rape, murder and daily killings nothing evokes any response.

DONT TALK ABOUT BUILDING ROME. <really angry>

You guys do a background check on each employee that joins but no check on the driver who can kill your valuable assets? Not even the address of the driver will be available with these cab hiring companies - dont show me the address book, been there done that. I myself found 4 drivers staying in the same house which never existed.

PS: Sorry if i jumped on you real bad, but i think you have never been at the receiving end of these rogues.
Old 25th September 2008, 18:05   #43
Senior - BHPian

Spitfire,

Seems like you really had a bad brush with these bunch!

But, I am sure, efforts taken by IndianRunner might not put an end to this in the immediate future, but it is atleast a step taken in the right direction.

One interesting fact you had pointed out is the background check - if employees are checked like aliens arriving into US, why not the same for people to whom you are handing a bunch of them for transport? And with the repeated history, time and again, how many more incidents needs to happen before they act???

Dont these people believe in 'acting' or are they just satisfied in 'reacting' to incidents! Sad state of affair!!!
Old 25th September 2008, 19:13   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Rome wasnt build in the time of internet, mobile phones with camera's and blogs.

Which firm do you work for? Can you give us the name. Recently lost a friend to a cab driver.

Instead of attaching GPS devices to track speed why dont you add speed regulators which wont let the vehicle go beyond 40kmph, all these cabs run in the city where speed limits are 40 kmph but never manage 10-15 kmph.

I dont understand why it is such a big task to reign in these killer cabs, and for heavens sake you are not building Rome.

What i know is that companies which hire these cab services dont have the spine to stand up to the cab unions and let people die because of their attitude.

How many years has it been since these menace has started on our roads? you are still building your Rome? Comeon man give us honest answers. No one cares man. Rape, murder and daily killings nothing evokes any response.

DONT TALK ABOUT BUILDING ROME. <really angry>

You guys do a background check on each employee that joins but no check on the driver who can kill your valuable assets? Not even the address of the driver will be available with these cab hiring companies - dont show me the address book, been there done that. I myself found 4 drivers staying in the same house which never existed.

PS: Sorry if i jumped on you real bad, but i think you have never been at the receiving end of these rogues.

I agree. There should be proper background checks. I think education is the key. All these companies that hire our these cabs/taxis, should have their own driving tests. Tests should be regulated strictly, by the company themselves. Ou Indian driving test is too easy. In the UK you have to take it seriously.

I dont think speed restrictors would help. Its not only about the speed, but also the LACK of road manners. Also NO ONE takes responsibility for the incidents and thats down to the lack of guts.

Sorry about your friend Spitfire.
Old 25th September 2008, 20:42   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
...Which firm do you work for? Can you give us the name. Recently lost a friend to a cab driver...
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
...Seems like you really had a bad brush with these bunch!...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir Taheer View Post
...Sorry about your friend Spitfire.
Sorry about your friend, SpitFire. Now I understand the origin of your frustration / anger. Missed this out earlier!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks