Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2007, 12:03   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
But will somebody please tell me why drivers in Old Delhi with its two lane roads were smiling a few minutes after a bomb blast; and people in
Bangalore with wide four /six lanes (ok, four lane ONE WAY, no traffic in opposite direction) are so tensed and short tempered??
My reply to the point raised, which i have marked in italics:

I would blame this mainly to a certain strata of people who ride/drive vehicles with 3 wheels, with their gangs and mafias to protect them whatever they do, and also 4 wheeled vehicles with yellow number plates, which say "In case of rash driving, please call <blank>".

These people cause the majority of chaos around here in Bangalore, while the rest have to take defensive action. Also, with majority of people who do not belong the category mentioned above driving newer vehicles, they tend to be protective against a scar or a scratch which is a daily occurence/pleasure to those i have mentioned earlier.

Whether in IT or not is the question here. There are good drivers and there are bad ones, just that they are all essentially human.
Old 2nd November 2007, 12:42   #32
BHPian

How can an IT proffessional to be blamed for an accident in bangalore?In that case , who are to be blamed for the accidents in cochin which is said to be comparitively very high on motor accidents....This is such a silly thread..
Old 2nd November 2007, 13:22   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kphilip View Post
This is such a silly thread..
I said something similar too:
Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
The thread title is rather misleading - 2 days, 2 IT guys, 2 rear end collisions!
I immediately clicked on this as it 'promised' exceptional experiences!
All I found were mundane collisions of the normal sort, whereas what I expected was something like the vice of the Vice Admiral.
But then how come we are all merrily participating in it nonetheless?!

C'mon, friend, it's good therapy to do silly things once in a while.
Old 2nd November 2007, 14:32   #34
BHPian

Quote:
How can an IT proffessional to be blamed for an accident in bangalore? ..
You got into a broad scope for your software programming. We are talking about 2 IT guys rear-ending their cars in Bangalore. No one is blaming an IT professional for all accidents in Bangalore.

For me, any guy who manage sticker his car on the vehicle in front is a dumb driver.

Quote:
In that case , who are to be blamed for the accidents in cochin which is said to be comparitively very high on motor accidents....This is such a silly thread..
Could we safely blame Keralites? I guess?
Old 2nd November 2007, 19:10   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight
For me, any guy who manage sticker his car on the vehicle in front is a dumb driver.
Well said. And while we are at it, let's increase the scope of such dumbos to make it "any guy/gal" as I sadly learnt sometime ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight
LOL.
Old 2nd November 2007, 19:26   #36
BHPian

[quote=WhiteKnight;614728]You got into a broad scope for your software programming. We are talking about 2 IT guys rear-ending their cars in Bangalore. No one is blaming an IT professional for all accidents in Bangalore.

Just becoz they had a tag on their neck dont make them an IT proffessional..How did u made out that they are IT guys???
Old 2nd November 2007, 19:30   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
You got into a broad scope for your software programming. We are talking about 2 IT guys rear-ending their cars in Bangalore. No one is blaming an IT professional for all accidents in Bangalore.

Just becoz they had a tag on their neck dont make them an IT proffessional..How did u made out that they are IT guys???

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
Yea , ur investigations are just too true...
Old 7th November 2007, 15:33   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
I simply do not find any other reason for the bad driving conditions in the IT cities of B'lore (where I have been) and reports here about bad driving conditions at Pune and Hy'bad - the other IT centers. Last time I was in there, (abt 13 years back) Old Delhi, which has real narrow roads than these 3 cities, had better drivers. On this occasion, while walking along a crowded road within Old Delhi I was sandwiched in the middle of a narrow road between cars and scooters and was surprised to find the drivers were relaxed and smiling. That was mere few minutes after a bomb blast in the vicinity. (I had just reached and did not know that a bomb blast took place). In b'lore, in the same situation, people would be scowling and honking at each other.

Well, I do not write code and do not know perl from shell but have been invited to more than a couple of IT events.

As I said first this is not intended to flame the IT guys here and apologise if anybody's sentiements are hurt. And I fully agree with the person who said that IT guys hanging around here are as good drivers as any.

But will somebody please tell me why drivers in Old Delhi with its two lane roads were smiling a few minutes after a bomb blast; and people in
Bangalore with wide four /six lanes (ok, four lane ONE WAY, no traffic in opposite direction) are so tensed and short tempered??

Why do drivers in Delhi tend to leave plenty of space around their vehicles, while B'lore drivers are happy with just inches of space around??

My take is that most drivers in B'lore are IT people; and are used to "broad" band; and get fidgety with blocks.

I do admit - the Old delhi I saw was 13 years back; and b'lore was 8 and 2 years back. ( I leave out "New" Delhi deliberately).
Good question, and the answer is simple. With increasing wealth (neednt be IT/ITES alone), came more buying power leading to more cars, on the same roads, hence the chaos of traffic and loss of temper. Please let me know where are the 'broad' 6 lane roads in any of the above cities? If the road is 6 lane at one place, it narrows down to 2 lanes to accomodate a temple or a mosque. Else trucks/buses park on the roads and occupy 2 complete lanes, lastly hawkers occupy the other 2 lanes. so effectively we r still driving on a two lane roads.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks