Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2007, 23:30   #1
BHPian

India Shining, I don't think so!

Drove over 100 kms today; spent over 3.5 hrs in my car! (entire day)

Home-office in delhi - gurgaon-gurgaon local-delhi etc

1 drag, 2 small times duels, 1 mad biker, 1 broken down sx4, 1 broken down cielo, 2 crazy lady drivers, 1 manic driver in a NHC and half a dozen diffrent traffic jams....including the mammoth one at Sarai kale khan flyover.

A stupid truck had overturned on almost the very top of the flyover blocking with it almost 3/4 of the road. it was so bad that the entire ring road traffic at peak time was reduced to 1 lane@5kmph at that very point.

That single truck had almost 500-1000 4 wheelers of all sorts jammed behind it. Whats the point of constructing all those highways when a maybe drunk, maybe overloaded, maybe illegal (it was before 9 pm), definately polluting truck can reduce the national capital to a bullock carts pace!! i shudder to think many crores worth of petrol was wasted in changing gears cause of that. Smog here i come!!!

I forgot to mention. No crane was in sight! All we had was two lousy cops standing and waving traffic like they didn't care!

I remember what got me pissed was that one of them cuould have walked back and directed the traffic to ALSO take the road beneath the Flyover! It was simply common sense...but they simply did not care!!

ALL IN ALL it SUCKED!!

I hate this country at times.... no matter what any goddamn economist says..till we have this kinda things happenign here ..i swear India can never be a developed country!!

bahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Elito

5th Dec 07

Last edited by ported_head : 6th December 2007 at 00:11. Reason: Addition as requested.
Old 5th December 2007, 23:37   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hey it could happen any where ,we are slowly getting there . It cant happen overnight . If you cant bear ,just leave INDIA,who's stopping you ,don't crib about INDIA . Dont make such statements about the country . It shows your character.
What are you doing to the country except cribbing and crying ?
Be the change you want to see.

Last edited by black12rr : 5th December 2007 at 23:38.
Old 5th December 2007, 23:41   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Hey it could happen any where ,we are slowly getting there . It cant happen overnight . If you cant bear ,just leave INDIA,who's stopping you ,don't crib about INDIA . Dont make such statements about the country . It shows your character.
What are you doing about cribbing and crying ?
Be the change you want to see.
It a free country and i have absolute RIGHT to crib! or maybe i am just objective enough to view things in a rational light! So don't tell me to leave India! i mean what kind of answer is THAT!!

As for doing something about it. What do you think i am doing sharing my experience with all at 11 41 PM!

Did i need to vent it out? offcourse not. But i chose to!

Elito

Last edited by Elito11 : 5th December 2007 at 23:43.
Old 5th December 2007, 23:44   #4
BHPian

What does your road experience got to do with India shining or not?

I bet you threw a plastic bottle out of the window while driving, polluting my country.

A country is built when her citizens join hands together. But Indians dont do that - there mentality is "my road", "my car", "my family" and everyone else can go to hell. All you do is want to be spoon fed by the govt. If you dont like govt, how about going out and voting during the elections like a responsible citizen.

I have travelled around the world, and have friends of various nationalities, and I can tell you Indians are found to me most irritating and most hated people in the world by my colleagues - no matter where they live, india or abroad.

Unless you have practically done something good for this country then you dont have right to complain.

Also, if you dont like India, there are options available, like moving to Bangladesh, US, etc. or how about having only 1 kid when you get married - thereby keeping population in control - hence less traffic on the road!

(obviously you will disagree with me because now you are going to say - "Why should have I have 1 kid?" If this is your questions to me, then you have no right to complain about anything at all)

Follow the road laws and others will follow you eventually.

Last edited by eflanker : 5th December 2007 at 23:54.
Old 5th December 2007, 23:45   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

It was spending over an hour doing five miles on London's North Circular Road at 1.00am that made me move to India.

There were, of course, lots of pros and cons, but that particular night, and the fact that it was not an isolated occasion, certainly counted.
Old 5th December 2007, 23:57   #6

Eito11, u are absoutey right. I agree with u 100%. I have been to US for 6 months and i never saw any foolishness like this before. Many of u woud not beive that i pay more than 4 lakh rs tax annually to this foolish counry's poiticians ony to find that most of my money goes into corrupt politicians pocket. i am doing for my country but what i get in return? i have to wait on traffic junctions for haf hrs sometimes so that an idiot poitician coud pass. It is because of peopy like black that we are in such situation. May be these guys don't know how to differentiate between discipine and indifference to such situations. May i ask Black12 that would he think the same way, if he pays 4 Lakhs annually tax. Certainy not. My dear frinds when we do something we expect in return .It has been ong time since we are serving this country of idiots. It time to wake up and complain.
Old 6th December 2007, 00:01   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eflanker View Post
What does your road experience got to do with India shining or not?

Its a catchy title!

I bet you threw a plastic bottle out of the window while driving, polluting my country.

Getting a little personal are we!!

Well... i did't! WHY Does it have to be like that. Can't i be a 'GOOD' citizen AND trash india!

What is India afterall? Its just a name to a place, which happens to be the country i was born in right??

A country is built when her citizens join hands together. But Indians dont do that - there mentality is "my road", "my car", "my family" and everyone else can go to hell. All you do is want to be spoon fed by the govt. If you dont like govt, how about going out and voting during the elections like a responsible citizen.

And why do u suppose that i DON'T vote LIKE a responsible citizen!

I have travelled around the world, and have friends of various nationalities, and I can tell you Indians are found to me most irritating and most hated people in the world by my friends.

Ok..so?

Unless you have practically done something good for this country then you dont have right to complain.

I did not get the logic here?

Does not doing anything 'BAD' count? i.e. not voting on regional/relious lines, not polluting, driving sensibily etc

Also, if you dont like India, there are options available, like moving to Bangladesh, US, etc. or how about having 1 kid when you get married - thereby keeping population in control - hence less traffic on the road!

I SWEAR!!!!!!!!! I thought of that! I honestly believe that TODAY if there is one thing you can do for country that counts the MOST..it would be having not more than one kid!!

TRY and get what i am saying! I mean why can't you TAKE critisism (spelling?). Why can't you accept India has its flaws!!

Technically..WHAT IS WRONG in whatever i ranted about?
My answers in bold

Elito
Old 6th December 2007, 00:04   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
It was spending over an hour doing five miles on London's North Circular Road at 1.00am that made me move to India.

There were, of course, lots of pros and cons, but that particular night, and the fact that it was not an isolated occasion, certainly counted.

Hello Thad!

Its not just the Jam! Its the reason, the apathy, the attitude behind it!

What do u say to that?

Elito

OT: Dude ur 55! feels great to know you take active interest here! Me admires!
Old 6th December 2007, 00:09   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post
A stupid truck had overturned on almost the very top of the flyover blocking with it almost 3/4 of the road. it was so bad that the entire ring road traffic at peak time was reduced to 1 lane@5kmph at that very point.

I forgot to mention. No crane was in sight! All we had was two lousy cops standing and waving traffic like they didn't care!

I remember what got me pissed was that one of them cuould have walked back and directed the traffic to ALSO take the road beneath the Flyover! It was simply common sense...but they simply did not care!!

Elito

5th Dec 07
MODS - can you please add the above to my first post!
Old 6th December 2007, 00:10   #10
Senior - BHPian

You seem like you've had a rough day. But let's keep profanity away from the forum. Even mild ones. I have changed your thread title. Should you want it to be something else, let me know.
Old 6th December 2007, 00:12   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ported_head View Post
You seem like you've had a rough day. But let's keep profanity away from the forum. Even mild ones. I have changed your thread title. Should you want it to be something else, let me know.
Yeah, your right....Thanks for that. This ones fine with me.

Elito

EDIT: Many thanks for adding the para!

Last edited by Elito11 : 6th December 2007 at 00:16.
Old 6th December 2007, 00:58   #12
Senior - BHPian

On a softer note,its quite obvious that India has its own set of problems.
To me,the 1st aspect is the corrupt politician sitting in the Assembly,who has absolutely no common sense or education what so ever. If we were to have more educated individuals,things would have taken a better turn by now. Agreed that education is not everything,but it sure can instill some bit of sense into a person.

Elito,I totally understand how you felt,waiting for someone to fix the issue. Problem is that in times like these,if a bunch of people were to join hands & do their part,things would have been much easier for 1000s of people. Like you said,the cops were doing nothing to fix the problem. My take would have been to rope in a few people & try to regulate traffic so as to atleast provide access to the truck.Assuming that a crane was dispatched to move the truck, had someone trying to regulate the traffic around it,things wouldn't have been so bad.

No offense meant to anyone. I have personally gone through a ton of such situations,and frankly every time I visit India,I feel like I've had enough. But, after everything being said,its India! We belong to her.

Give it about 15-20 yrs,and I think things will change for the better. (or so I hope..)
Old 6th December 2007, 01:03   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11
EFlanker
Maybe I sound a little rough on the web, but that is not the case in real life.

Once again, if we all argue like politicians in this thread, it defeats the purpose!!

Try to understand, there are several reasons for bad infrastructure - major one being investment restrictions by the Govt. Indians really are not bothered to kick the Govt out of the office. If you are a bad employee, you get fired. But the people of such a diverse country are not united enough to fire the Govt!

Everywhere in the world, the politicians are afraid of the ordinary citizens. Clearly, this is not the case in India.
Old 6th December 2007, 01:06   #14
Senior - BHPian

[quote=eflanker;648147]

Try to understand, there are several reasons for bad infrastructure - major one being investment restrictions by the Govt. Indians really are not bothered to kick the Govt out of the office. If you are a bad employee, you get fired. But the people of such a diverse country are not united enough to fire the Govt!

quote]

I really liked the line-'But the people of such a diverse country are not united enough to fire the Govt!'
Imagine if that were to happen..I'd be one happy camper!
Old 6th December 2007, 01:22   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

Hehe Funny.

Myself also settled in India.
A typical migrant Indian in a western country who is a second class citizen doesnt truly integrate with the local society there, for all kinds of reasons, one being viewed as job stealers or just plain outsiders by the local citizens.

Let me add - The trend is now changing in India
A person who migrates to a western country is now considered a loser, as he could not succeed in his own country. There are many successful people in India who have succeded - hence for them there is no need to quit India. Moving out of the country is now becoming thing of inferior people - not superior.

India has given me all the success because I deserved it. So why should i beg a foreign country...........

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks