Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2007, 15:19   #31
BHPian

^^Totally True, Cab drivers zip their cars at breakneck speeds. No Lane discipline, No Speed Limits its a free world after 10PM. I once asked a cabbie why they drive this insanely, he replied saying "I have to do atleast 3 trips before i go home saar else i will not be able to retain this car". He had supposedly bought the car on Loan. I was not able to comment on this any further. Another cabbie said "After 10PM saar, no police. Nobody will ask anything. I have around 10years of experience, do worry saar, will take you home safely".
Sigh!
Old 31st December 2007, 16:57   #32
BHPian

I have done this in quite a few occasions to the call center cabbies. You may wish to try it out.

In one of those incidents, a call center qualis cuts me sharply from the left (when I was driving a Safari), I had to apply brake to avoid touches with the vehicle.

In one of the traffic snarls get past him. Gave him way, when I can see a truck moving slowly in 250 meters and left lane is also free. Maintained the speed with him, so that he can't cut back into the left lane. When he is behind the truck, slow down at the truck's speed. Don't pay heed to his honks (increase the volume level in your ICE).

Doable in nights when it is only those call center cabs and the trucks are plying without disturbing any other fellow sane driver.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks