Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2008, 14:18   #16
Senior - BHPian

Sad to hear the incident, and these scratches always hurts a lot.

but you did a very sensible thing not to talk much with a ill mouthed female cos you never know what she will say and will drag you to a dirty level.

please use 3M soft rubbing compound and Polish and i'm sure it will leave only the main scar,rest everything will be rubbed off.
Old 31st January 2008, 14:23   #17
Team-BHP Support

Rubbing and polishing won't help. Paint from the top scratched area has come off showing the black plastic below.

You need to go for a touch up paint. It may be a small area or the whole bumper to match colour shade...depending on how much that lady is cursing.
Old 31st January 2008, 14:23   #18
Senior - BHPian

for the title of your thread, Suman.

Sad about the incident , though. I know how it must feel to have a new vehicle scratched/dented for no fault of yours.
Old 31st January 2008, 14:29   #19
BHPian

Suman boss.....u complaining?????

I always envied your signature - making x mts at a time & a 4x4.

Incidentally, i own a 2WD. Had I had a 4WD, would have neatly placed the zen right in front of the truck, engage the 4WD & go overboard. That settles the matter. Just joking though.

This actually reminded me of a snap in one of the english dailies where a train parks itself on an other train. They called it "derailment". Unable to figure this though!!
Old 31st January 2008, 14:39   #20
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys for your sympathies & comments. I normally am extra cautious when I'm in the vicinity of lady drivers but this one kinda just appeared out of nowhere on her broomstick so to speak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
A very similar incident happened with me a couple years ago.
Man, that was one hell of a narrative, I was in splits imagining you patiently trying to explain & the lady throwing a fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Rubbing and polishing won't help. Paint from the top scratched area has come off showing the black plastic below.
Rudra, thanks for your feedback, really appreciate it. That was my concern - that one spot where the paint had chipped off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Never mind, let it be. These things happen. A couple of stiff whiskeys and a session with GD bhai will cure you, while the truck needs more than that.
Amen....one of these days!

Last edited by suman : 31st January 2008 at 14:41.
Old 31st January 2008, 14:51   #21
BHPian

Sorry to hear about your truck Suman. I know how frustrating the situation can get. I hope your truck is back in shape real soon.

I was in a similar situation once. But it was a guy behind the wheel of the other car.

I was stationary at a signal (for quite sometime) in my Sierra (those were the good days). Suddenly I hear this thud. I get down, and walk to back of my vehicle. A guy driving an 800 obviously had either misjudged the distance or was travelling too fast and as a result had planted the front end of his car into the rear of my Sierra.

Theres hardly any damage to my vehicle (they sure did make them Sierra's strong) but his is a mess. Radiator busted, bonnet smashed, bumper hanging etc.etc.

He starts to apologise immediately saying his breaks had failed. In the meanwhile the cop at the signal (which by now has turned green) comes to see what the comotion is all about and asks us both to move our cars out of the way because the rest of the traffic was being held up.

Now I really dont know what the two spoke about, but when I parked up and got down, the cop comes and tells me that I will have to pay the guy driving the 800 cause he claims that I backed up into him.

Fortunately I knew someone in the cop station in the area and a phone call was all I had to make to sort the situation out. Obviously after the call the cop who was supporting the other chap started to now sing a different tune. He began speaking in my defense and asked me if I wanted to lodge a complaint. I was completely disgusted and left.

Hopeless situation sometimes, but I guess it's all part of the game.

Last edited by Sideways : 31st January 2008 at 14:53.
Old 31st January 2008, 14:55   #22
Senior - BHPian

Suman ! These things are unavoidable as there are some souls who will always rub you in the wrong way be it while driving and also on coming back @ you for no fault of yours.

Personally i dont like anyone up close in my rear end and the only way i get off them is immediately put my hazard lights on and with those blinking that soul thinks that nay....this guy's ride is in for some trouble and he just changes lane and gets lost .
Old 31st January 2008, 14:57   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
Sorry to hear about your truck Suman. I know how frustrating the situation can get. I hope your truck is back in shape real soon.
Thanks Farhan, I know I'll have that constant nagging feeling till I get the bumper sorted out!
Quote:
Now I really dont know what the two spoke about, but when I parked up and got down, the cop comes and tells me that I will have to pay the guy driving the 800 cause he claims that I backed up into him.
That was shocking, how can people be so unashamedly two-faced. Good that you had a contact at the PS else god knows how long that episode may have dragged on.......

Quote:
Hopeless situation sometimes, but I guess it's all part of the game.
Absolutely! Have more or less managed to get it out of my system & move on.
Old 31st January 2008, 15:16   #24
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear about your truck Suman. Got to know it from the other trucker friend.
You dont need to get the whole bumper painted because I am not too sure how professionally would that be done. You can patch up the exposed black area and rest of it can be taken care off by polishing.. offcourse, of the rubbing kind.
Old 31st January 2008, 16:43   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
That was shocking, how can people be so unashamedly two-faced.
Something of a similar nature during the rick-crashed-into-my-car incident. The rick guys formed a conspiracy and declared that it was my wife who was driving my car, while it was me in the first place. B*****ds.
Old 31st January 2008, 19:29   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post

You need to go for a touch up paint. It may be a small area or the whole bumper to match colour shade...depending on how much that lady is cursing.
Suman you should put them - bumper guards or bull bars on ur car. Or go for grey plastic bumpers. If you had the bull bar, the lady would have a totalled car
Old 31st January 2008, 21:00   #27
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear this,Suman. I can totally understand how you feel at this point.

I hate to generalize,but the minute I see a young woman behind the wheels of a car,I'd rather pull over and wait for her to be ahead of me by a mile. I've seen so many incidents,especially with rich college girls in Bangalore. My mom is a lecturer in probably the most 'famous' girls college in B'lore (OK,i see a few eyebrows rising.. the guess work begins). She has seen so many students driving expensive cars,and these girls care a fig about others on the road.

I got into a rut with one such girl,way back in 2001. Turning into the college to pick up my mom, this girl decides to stop right at the entrance and chit-chat with her friends. The horn is something I use the least, and I'd rather wait for someone to move or give way,than honk & speeden the process. So i wait, wait and wait. No sign of the girl moving. I tried to judge the space b/w her car & the wall on the other side. Seemed ok,and I went ahead. I got through safely. I'm a good 2-3ft away from her car,on the way up the ramp to the main building.The girl had been talking all this while,and suddenly jumps out and starts shouting at me.

I'm dazed,and stop the car. As soon as i get off my car,I quickly inspect my car to make sure I didn't graze her car. So i walked upto her,and asked what the problem was. She said that I scratched her car,and that I was impatient enough to go through the little gap b/w her car & the wall. I looked at one small dent on the side of her car,and its got red paint alongside the dent (her car was a white colored Zen). I look at my car ( a Steel grey Corsa),and ask her if she can see anything 'red' on the car. Caught off guard,she knew she was cornered.

Turns out,she was one loud mouth rich brat,and she'd goof around with people coming into the college. She didn't know that my mom taught there,so she decided to take me for a trip. Didn't work,I'm afraid.
Funny part... as I walked back to my car after this episode,I over heard one of her classmates look at her in disgust,shake her head and say..'PMS'!!
No offence meant to anyone,especially the ladies on the forum. It was truely a crazy situation to deal with such a person,who had no civic/common sense what so ever.

WARNING!! - The next time anyone sees a young girl behind the wheels of a car,STOP right there,and wait for her to pass. Its better to let the tornado go past you,than experience the strong gusts of wind that usually doesn't pack a punch of any sorts.
Old 31st January 2008, 21:17   #28
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear about the incident.

When we are backing up to a parking slot, it is in our benefit, that we are mindful of our own front end sweep.

Countless number of times I have seen, bikers almost graze thru while parking at our home. Lady driver isn't the issue here, general lack of awareness is. In developed countries we can expect the traffic to wait after you have started your manouvre after yielding to other traffic.
Old 31st January 2008, 22:57   #29
Team-BHP Support

suman get some rubbin done, and brush touch up for the small mark where paints chipped off
Old 1st February 2008, 02:23   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
You telling me! Must be one of those periods or something - all the more reason why I backed off with the Scorpio yesterday morning mate!
You're having periods???

Anyway, good to know the truck got fixed today! Must be looking nice & shiny, eh!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks