Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2008, 10:11   #31
Senior - BHPian

Restored back to former glory.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Lady driver isn't the issue here, general lack of awareness is. In developed countries we can expect the traffic to wait after you have started your manouvre after yielding to other traffic.
Yeah but remember that this is inside a complex, not out on the road - its like you are parking inside the perimeter of your apartment block. And the broomstick-rider wasn't even honking or flashing behind me for me to give way in advance......else I would have
Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
You're having periods???
Lol, you won't believe it but when I wrote that I somehow thought that you'd pick that word up - but for lack of a suitable alternative, I decided to let it be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Anyway, good to know the truck got fixed today! Must be looking nice & shiny, eh!
You telling me man, I do need to do some full body polishing though.

For those of you who are wondering what Ishan is talking about, the patch of leukoderma on the truck was fixed last evening! I'd called up Ishan & Nitin (Trancenut) to give them the good news cos I was so happy that it was done & dusted!

To give a little background, Pandit had quoted 5.4k for full bumper repainting so I was like - !! So I got home early & decided to take it to its Gurgaon mentor for him to have a look. I was all prepared to hear that I needed to leave it overnight or something & was mentally estimating the quote that I would get for the job.

So our man has a look at it, asks if I have 20 minutes to spare; I do, so he drives the truck into the repair bay & invites me to his room for some piping hot tea. Him & me & my son are generally sitting & sharing our various escapades about aggressive lady drivers with poor driving skills (he had quite a few anecdotes to share lol). Tea over & at the end of half an hour, he calls the supervisor to enquire about progress.

Supervisor says its done so mentor takes me out &, would you believe it - rubbed down & touched up & we are ready to go! Honestly, if I didn't know about the scratch, I wouldn't think it had been banged at all. So I'm happy, there was no need to paint the whole bumper & the beast is looking as untouched as earlier -

All this in just half an hour. Oh, and did I mention that it was done free of cost? Well, it helps to maintain good relations with people I guess. As Ishan exclaimed when I told him - "teri to lottery lag gayee"!!!

Thanks once again guys for your comments & advice, it does help a lot to get an independant perspective in situations like this.

Last edited by suman : 1st February 2008 at 10:24.
Old 1st February 2008, 10:26   #32
BHPian

Suman, Great to know that your beast's glory has been restored. Now, I seriously need to find a mentor to get my Ikon baby's wheel arch back to it's original. BTW it was also scrapped by a female driving a Esteem yesterday.
Old 1st February 2008, 11:32   #33

Excellent title, Suman.

I don't really agree with the assumption that 'Lady drivers are the worst', but have to share this. On my way home to office, I just saw a lady in a brand new Spark waiting for a right hand U-turn. She had her steering fully turned and was waiting for traffic to pass. The funny thing was that she was some one foot away from the (half foot high) divider opening, with just a gap of 6 inches between the wheels and the divider wall, when she had turned her steering fully to the right. I would have just loved to see her complete the turn - she would have certainly got her car to climb the divider. But the traffic was heavy and I had to move on.
Old 1st February 2008, 12:37   #34
Senior - BHPian

@suman... I told ya... you dont need the whole bumper to be repainted. Now I am coming to you for the treat next saturday!

Last edited by extreme_torque : 1st February 2008 at 12:39.
Old 1st February 2008, 12:44   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Lol, you won't believe it but when I wrote that I somehow thought that you'd pick that word up - but for lack of a suitable alternative, I decided to let it be!
Great minds think alike eh! (At least when drunk!!)
Old 1st February 2008, 12:52   #36
Team-BHP Support

Suman, good that the beast is back to its glory.
Now time to fix those beauties who dare to disturb or scratch the beast.
Old 1st February 2008, 13:39   #37
BHPian

Great work by your mentor. I couldn't distinguish where the scratches were made.
Old 1st February 2008, 13:58   #38
Senior - BHPian

you got it done FOC! man, you have a one heck of charm!

great news mate!
Old 1st February 2008, 16:02   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
you got it done FOC! man, you have a one heck of charm!

great news mate!
Heh-heh thanks mate! Not my charm though, the gentleman in question is a really decent person - it was probably hardly any work compared to the effort they have to put in for usual accident repairs so.........& he refused to even let me tip the guy who'd done the work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Now I am coming to you for the treat next saturday!
Anytime Lavkesh............

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Now time to fix those beauties who dare to disturb or scratch the beast.
I hope she loses her "no claim" bonus at least

Last edited by suman : 1st February 2008 at 16:06.
Old 1st February 2008, 22:52   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Yeah but remember that this is inside a complex, not out on the road - its like you are parking inside the perimeter of your apartment block. And the broomstick-rider wasn't even honking or flashing behind me for me to give way in advance......else I would have
Oh dont tell me! It also happens while walking. Everytime, I am walking down a parking lot, any car decides to back out of it, I stop looking at the Reversing light, the lady walks through. Infact similar thing we have observed with even a group of colleagues, the maes stop the females continue walking chattering amongst themselves over nothing.
Old 3rd February 2008, 17:47   #41
BHPian

If you are absent minded, you are going to get run over one day.

I also do not like girls driving cars. They want to chatter all day long.
Old 3rd February 2008, 19:15   #42
Senior - BHPian

Suman

Somehow i missed this thread all this while. Good to see everything is sorted out and the truck is back in shape.
Old 4th February 2008, 10:55   #43
Senior - BHPian

As a tribute to this thread, I have posted this

Suman/ppl, you might want to check it out and enjoy!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks