Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2008, 13:50   #1
Senior - BHPian

Moronic Driving on Necklace Road-Hyderabad

This really gets my goat!

Last evening, i entered necklace road from Minister road, and the moment I took a U turn to get onto Necklace road, I noticed a pair of white strbe lights in my RVM. also, the car was flashing lights like mad....so I gave him a wide berth and a silver tarted up swift VDI zoomed past me at at least 80 to 90 KPH (this was a sunday evening 8pm, when the road is pretty busy)

thought nothing more of it and was driving along for the next 10 seconds or so, then I see another pair of strobe lights in my RVM. this time it was a palio 1.6, all souped up and tarted up. There was no opening in front of me and hence i could not move over.....

this bugger kept flashing his lights and honking and weaving away like mad. this got me real pissed off. Now, keep in mind that I drive a Safari, this is little piece of was trying to intimidate me in a Palio!

anyways, since i did not want to spoil my mood, i was looking for a way to let him get past. but this idiot thought that the palio is meant to "make your own road" and just tried to squeeze past me on the left, between the safari and an indicab, nearly taking the fender of the indicab with him.

then, he had the cheek to roll down his window and scream teh the Indicab driver

I had a good mind to ride on his tail a bit, just to put some sense into him, but looking at the way these two morons were driving, i thought that it was not worth it. then, the way these guys zoomed thru traffic was unbelievable.

both the cars had a Big "A" sticker on their rear wind shield with some word beginning with A under it (cant remember it now)

Sunday eve on necklace road is full of families with children, and it would have been extremely sad, not to mention pathetic, if wither of these jerks had hit someone.

all this while, no sign of the cops, as expected, on a 3 km long busy road!

Last edited by normally_crazy : 10th March 2008 at 14:03.
himanshugoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2008, 13:57   #2
Team-BHP Support

Himanshu, havent they put up speed breakers on that road now?
Necklace road was always a haven for speeding maniacs, and is usually well-manned by the cops.

Looks like they were having a drag.
Old 10th March 2008, 14:04   #3
Senior - BHPian

Eventhough i have read such incidents on paper, i haven't seen any. Street races have claimed lives. Good that you didn't irritate these buggers any more. They may be drunk or having an A..'s brain..
Old 10th March 2008, 14:08   #4
Senior - BHPian

Himanshu, I never thought that Neckless road has become so menace these days (last time I went on that road was in 1997) on my bycycle. Those days there were no speeding cars, only buses, and lots of scooters, lunas and a few bikes.

It is indeed pity compared to what it was in 80s and 90s.

Abhi
Old 10th March 2008, 16:17   #5
Senior - BHPian

Abhi, now walking/cycling is a health hazard on Necklace road. this is compounded by the fact that people park bikes on one side of teh road, thereby furhter narrowing down the carriageway.
Old 10th March 2008, 16:30   #6
Senior - BHPian

himanshu.. Just chill. Its not worth worrying about this morons. One of these days, they will meet their match i.e another set of morons on the road. I guess they almost did with the indicab, but unfortunately the indicab driver turned out to be an exception to the rule
Old 10th March 2008, 16:30   #7
Senior - BHPian

I regularly see a lot of such jerks driving on the Necklace Road from my balcony...it is about 400 metres away, on the other side of the railway track. Most of these morons are on bikes, and they keep doing wheelies and maniacal bursts of speed without silencers.
Wonder what the cops are doing? My doctor niece was once chased by these gunks when she was on her two wheeler, but she chose to ignore them. Luckily for her, they did not try to knock her scooty down!
As regards cops, I saw a good number of those nitwits near Somajiguda circle, blocking entry to Raj Bhawan road from Panjugutta, and forcing motorists to go upto Lifestyle Jn and take a U turn, adding 1.5 kms distance to the journey, and God knows how many minutes of agony of driving near LifeStyle building. Anyways, I am digressing...

Last edited by vnabhi : 10th March 2008 at 16:31. Reason: Forgot a line
Old 10th March 2008, 16:57   #8
Team-BHP Support

When I met Leonarda di caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Necklace Road, Hyderabad.
evening around 9 pm.
I saw leonarda-di-caprio on a rx100.
Standing on his bike, both hands in the air.

Great!!!
I find a cop, stop my bike and ask him, "pakdain kya".
Cop on my bike and I am off.
Stupid kid never realised when I had him cornered up.
Cop on the kids bike, we proceed to the police checkpost just a lil ahead.
Inform SI about what was going on.
Dirty words, Dirty looks and finally the cop asks me what I would like to do.
I say let the kid go as its enough.

SI says ok, asks the kid to leave but to show his license.
Kid aint got one.
SLAP!!! Solid one.

RC Book.
SLAP!!! Solid one.

Insurance Papers
SLAP!!! Solid one.

Now, I step up and drag the kid away, give him my mobile ask him to call someone up.
Finally left after his elder brother comes in.
Was expecting the elder brother to do something.
and he did,
Kid got another slap.
bblost is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2008, 17:04   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
When I met Leonarda di caprio
bblost, that was a real good post !!
Old 10th March 2008, 19:51   #10
BHPian

I saw another moron on Sumo this evening. I was coming towards BHills from J Hills near Apollo hospital intersection. A moron on Sumo gets exactly parallel to me on left and there is a city bus in the middle ahead of us. As we take the steep curve after Apollo this idiot is hell bent on squeezing ahead between my bus and car almost pushing me to the divider. I was in two minds if I should stop and give him a piece of my mind, finally let him go as I was not in the right mood. It was a white board vehicle with a few kids looking untidy. Youth and Sumo can be a dangerous combination.
Old 11th March 2008, 13:03   #11
Team-BHP Support

@bblost : That was excellent !!

Himanshu, arent there usually cops who are near the Necklace road exit towards Imax? Was wondering, maybe you could have informed them about the menace.
I believe there are speedbreakers just before Eat Street as well?

If it was Bangalore, you would have had 5-6 speedbreakers on that stretch already.

OT : All this hyd talk, makes me miss the place a lot.
Old 12th March 2008, 01:46   #12
BHPian

I drive back from work through the necklace road and I have seen tons of morons. Now thanks to a barricase set up near eat street pedestrians are a bit safer.
Old 12th March 2008, 05:04   #13
Senior - BHPian

well there is a lot more to the necklace road than what himanshu experienced.

there are races, burnouts drags, donuts scrambles! you know the best part being all of this done either by a group of min 30 to 50 bikers(Indian rented bikes) who ride as a group, making it difficult for the cops to pin them down.
or
Its done by the guys who are rich and race on imported bikes and cars(tweaked cars mostly, Indian and imported.).

The former one was actually reported by tv9 and some newspapers. The later ones are never caught at all. One just needs to see to believe it.

thats the part that explains the use of necklace road to day. These things happen at any time, day or night, usually in the nights but then there have been many instances where the cops have caught the guys in the day.
Old 12th March 2008, 05:29   #14
Senior - BHPian

coming to my experience, there were this black and white accents numbers 666 and 999 respectively dont remember the dist registrations, these were being driven by a guy and girl, ages not more than 20. they were driving better than a moron can and i seriously lack the word to describe it.

it was a Saturday which i still remember, This incident took place in 2006 Aug. and i was on my way to Imax. I was driving my viva with my cousin who came here from Bangalore. i was on the liberty road, exactly opposite where the malik cars is now. Back then there were no dividers on that road and the road was quiet narrow. i see a bus stopped and blocking the left lane(bus stop), so i turned right to over take the bus, i was right next to the bus and all of a sudden two accents white and black zoom past me at 70+kmph from my right.

I was awestruck and mad at the same time. Trying to forget that incident just drove with a cool head and reached Imax after 15mins owing to traffic.

on the way the as far as our eyes could see they missed many pedestrians bikes and other vehicles, felt as if i was playing the grand theft auto on my ps2 for a second there.

Now i reach the Imax and surprisingly find these morons parked and there i saw the a female driving one of the cars and guy driving another. As soon as we reached there they were about to leave, since we had the tickets with us and there was 1/2 hour left for the movie to start, me and my cousin decided to follow them if they took the necklace road and see what these morons are up to.

by the time we entered the necklace road they just zoomed and left us far far far behind. now we enter the necklace road, these buggers have disappeared long back, but in a hope to see them we followed
in. Now after crossing the eat street and MMTS, we see then in the opposite direction at 120+speeds. wowowowovovow! they went took a U turn and again came back and over took me again at some 140kmph. Now this time around there was this barricade made by the LAKE VIEW POLICE WHO BELONG TO THE NECKLACE ROAD OUTPOST. and there was one marshal and a sumo blocking the road and hardly any space for a car like accent to squeeze in, a m800 would go through but not a accent. This was setup right opposite to jalavihar now just before the U turn could start. These morons were at their usual 140+kmph speeds. They dint have the time to break and make a U turn and escape.

so they sqeeze the cars in that gap both of them and their cars suffer like scratches and bent quater panels in the front. owing to the marshal's iron bumper. they left, but cops got the numbers and pictures and speeds at which these morons were ripping at. The sumo happened to be a interceptor vehicle which came there on a request to catch these morons.

the cops stopped us too asked for all the papers as we were in an ACCENT too, its due to they stopping us that we learned that these cops were getting real serious with morons like these, and we even got to see the video shot by the cops.

They said these morons had made it a habit of driving here for the past 4 days like this and thus the interceptor vehicle had to come in to catch them live, they said that they have placed another barricade right a head just before the next U turn and these buggers will be caught with no problems.

We dint follow to see if the cops caught these buggers we took a u turn and got back to imax as we were 15mins late to the movie and just laughed off what had happened.

Last edited by rider60 : 12th March 2008 at 05:35.
rider60 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2008, 05:44   #15
Senior - BHPian

now like i said there are far too many incidents like this i have seen at the necklace road and they all mostly happen with the age group of 13-20year olds.

I and my friends used to visit the necklace road quite often and it used to be our adda, Until the cop heat rose to a serious level. Like said before, Before the news channels or papers enlightening the public about these biker gangs there was no heat, right after that when ever we visit the necklace road, these cops would come in ask for all the papers take a bribe and leave and this became a common practice.

well we never preferred to sit at eat street for it was too crowded and noisy or the lawns as there are always couples doing you know what and etc. so we sat at the ground near the sanjeevaiah park mmts, the empty patch where learners learn the driving, right opposite to the PV Narshima rao's cemetery. And from then on stopped going there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks