Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2008, 21:27   #31
BHPian

You have to get the pollution certificate done for both 2 & 4 wheelers every six months.

Recently the service guy at Mandovi told me for Euro 3 vehicles the pollution certificate is not required.
Old 29th April 2008, 21:27   #32
BHPian

OH well!! I have been experiencing the rise the number of traffic cops catching the two-wheelers as well as the four-wheelers since the last month when I commute to work.

They usually do not stop the four-wheelers but have started doing so since the last month and they generally look at the number plates first to fine them and then go on to the other usual things of an RC book,pollution free certficate etc.I was shocked to see them pull over a white swift today which was being driven by a driver and the owner sitting beside him and they asked him to switch on the Headlights at five in the evening.

I'm presuming it to be to catch people with HID's on their cars but most importantly to make a FAST buck.As a matter of fact there were two inspectors with a swarm of constables belonging to two different jurisdiction's 150 metres apart waiting like animals hunting to catch their prey
Old 29th April 2008, 21:29   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Thanks riju, looks like their website is not updated.

http://www.bcp.gov.in/english/organi...ficpolice.html
I remember an incident some time one of my friends told me..in front of the Forum - Shopping mall.

There are a lot of autos, one couple goes and asks this auto guy to take him to some place in Koramangala, The auto guy refuses..he says its just minimum, they go to another on and same the auto guy refuses.. this couple had the DCP Saleem's no, they call him up and tell him that the Auto guys are not willing to take them to a place in Kormangala.. DCP says, please wait there for sometime.. after 5 min, a jeep comes.. and then auto guys queue up and then they are ready to go anywhere.. even to the next building..
Old 29th April 2008, 21:47   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

vid,

Thats shocking. Try an alternate route for the next few days just to ensure they dont have spotters looking for your car.
Old 29th April 2008, 21:51   #35
Senior - BHPian

Wow!! This is some news! Good thing,if they decide to keep it this way forever.If its the usual tactic to make more money at the end of the month,then tough luck.

Vid,sorry to hear that your car took a beating.But the good thing being the help extended by the cops. Amazing stuff!
Old 30th April 2008, 10:29   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
The gang's argument was that we are IT people and make enough money so we should not argue over a bumper of few thousand rupees and let the lorry driver go.
Vid, was this the Alto or the Lancer?
Sadly, this is the biggest problem plaguing Bangalore these days. Mobs turn up for no reason at all, and they just hate the very mention of supposed IT folks. Its a different story that they behave the same even if you are non-IT employed, but still own a car.

As Samurai said, this is what they need to tackle on a war footing.
Old 30th April 2008, 11:10   #37
Team-BHP Support

Benny, it was the Alto. I don't use the lancer since it's my dad's.

@maggie, I took my friend's Estilo for next 2 days.

@Nitin, luckily it was nothing major and just the bumper got scraped.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks