Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2008, 12:25   #46
BHPian

Today, I was lucky . Though i started at 9-30 at my home, no traffic jams till Image hospital. After that a small jam near Myhome navadweepa. But to reach my office i need not cross cyber tower junction .
Old 20th June 2008, 12:53   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriswe View Post
Today, I was lucky . Though i started at 9-30 at my home, no traffic jams till Image hospital. After that a small jam near Myhome navadweepa. But to reach my office i need not cross cyber tower junction .
Hey, do share this secret path you have discovered! We are anxiously waiting.
I'm travelling my MMTS for the past 2 days till Hafeezpet, and taking the company Qualis from there. Only issue is that the trains are not on time. Despite this, I find waiting on platforms is stress free compared to waiting at traffic jams. After all, no bike or auto can side swipe you and make you shell out a couple of thousands for denting and painting.
BTW, there is yet another path to VBIT, and you need not go all the way till Image Hospital or My Home hub.
Old 20th June 2008, 13:08   #48
Team-BHP Support

Somewhere just after Vikram Hosp there is a narrow road/gully that goes in. Its a very dawadol road (wobbly and narrow). But this road will take you out on the durgam cheruvu stretch, past the blockage, from where you can drive straight to VBIT.
Old 20th June 2008, 14:04   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Hey, do share this secret path you have discovered! We are anxiously waiting.
vnabhi,
I think there is a misunderstanding. I come from Jubilee Hills checkpost towards Cybertowers! So there is only one way to follow i.e Madhapur PS --Petrol Bunk -- Image Hospitals -- Cybertowers. The shortcut, still I have to explore. There is some way just before Petrol Bunk. I think only 2 wheelers can go in this. But no idea where it connects to the main road. Lets hope that the Durgam cheruvu road will open and we can drive some what peacefully !
Old 20th June 2008, 14:49   #50
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Zappo. I've never used that road so far.

sriswe--I have used that gully before the IOC bunk. In fact, it is just after that hotel with flags sticking out--is that Kabana hotel.
I've gone on that dowdy road on my WagonR, and it connects near the left turn to Nectar Gardens. Only issue is that there is a narrow stretch for 10 feet, where only one car can pass.
Old 20th June 2008, 15:27   #51
BHPian

Can somebody illustrate with a picture?
Old 20th June 2008, 16:42   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
sriswe--I have used that gully before the IOC bunk. In fact, it is just after that hotel with flags sticking out--is that Kabana hotel.
Thanks abhi ! Will try this weekend.
Old 24th June 2008, 18:05   #53
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys,
Any updates on how long the Durgam Cheruvu road will be blocked? It was supposed to get opened on June 19th or so, per someone's post in this forum.
I just took a peep from my window and found that there are hardly any vehicles on that road, save a few that are taking the shortcut.
Old 24th June 2008, 19:15   #54
Team-BHP Support

vnabhi, I think you and I are referring to the same gully. Its the Kasani GR hotel you are referring to... I think.
Old 25th June 2008, 11:41   #55
BHPian

9:50 - Wife leaves home to catch the office bus

10:00 - Am still at home and getting ready to leave for office although my instincts tell me not to as I can hear all the honking and traffic police sirens from the main road which tells me the situation is quite pathetic, as usual.

10:14 - Am wearing my shoes and almost set to leave.

10:15 - Wife calls up and tells that she has reached till Keshav Reddy from Petrol Pump in the last 20 mins (should take 2 mins normally)

10:16 - I am taking off my shoes all set to spend the next 45 mins working from home . My instincts were correct and now I had the facts. No way was I leaving home before 11.

11:00 - I finally start for office

11:19 - In the office parking lot, feeling all proud of having used my common sense.

And another day braving Cyberabad traffic goes by...
Old 25th June 2008, 13:57   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
vnabhi, I think you and I are referring to the same gully. Its the Kasani GR hotel you are referring to... I think.
Bingo, that is it! But alas, it took me 10 mins to get to that turning today from Madhapur PS, at around 945 am.
Looks like late comers are rewarded. I will follow Devnulls strategy from now onwards.
Old 30th June 2008, 19:57   #57
BHPian

Any update on this? Can I start thinking of taking Durgam Cheruvu route?
Old 30th June 2008, 20:21   #58
BHPian

There was a notice on top of the road (Coming from Mindspace Raheja side) stating that there is road work under progress till 15th July i think. But knowing our great Municipal Corporations we can never really know...Can we? But i recollect taking this route (Mindspace to Madhapur PS) a couple of weeks back through some narrow lanes with literally no roads. No idea if it is still open though post all these rains since the roads were getting washed out at that point of time itself.
Old 2nd July 2008, 15:00   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theodore_ftw View Post
There was a notice on top of the road (Coming from Mindspace Raheja side) stating that there is road work under progress till 15th July i think. But knowing our great Municipal Corporations we can never really know...Can we?
Last time they said 19th June, now they are saying 15th July. So it's anyone's guess as to when actually they'll complete it. I am just waiting for my car to get swiped or something, looking at the traffic madness that's going on these days in the Madhapur PS to Cyber Towers stretch.
Old 3rd July 2008, 23:10   #60
BHPian

Hi All,
After all these days beaten by heavy traffic, i decided to beat the traffic and changed my timings. From the past 3 days, I started leaving to office at 8 AM and peacefully reach my office at 8-10 AM with virtually no traffic. After 9 i can see the traffic from my office and just feel happy that i finally avoided all the frustration. I am planning to continue this at least for the next one month.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks