Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2008, 16:32   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
One thing I really felt while I was Hyd for 2 years was the disregard of these "VIPs" for the common public.

All the VIPs make it a point to travel on the Begumpet - Panjagutta - Banjara Hills - Jubilee Hills - Cyber city areas especially at the office hours.

Second thing I noticed is that every Tom, dick and harry - judge, politician, peon, poop cleaner etc get a Z security in Hyd.

... and both make a living hell in Hyd during the mornings and evenings.

No other city I have observed, which has these quirks.
Good point here! I guess the solution is to get Z category security for oneself.
Perhaps Delhi has the highest number of such quirks.
Old 8th June 2008, 21:57   #32
Senior - BHPian

I thought only Mr. Naidu had Z category. Who else does ?
Old 9th June 2008, 10:17   #33
BHPian

How was the traffic today? I was in that stretch between 9 and 9:30 am. Surprisingly, there was a lot of traffic today from Madhapur PS and Petrol Pump. Hutch junction was OK and Cyber Towers was normal. Not sure if the timing helped me or the situation itself has improved.
Old 9th June 2008, 11:42   #34
Senior - BHPian

I've avoided that route and taken the 5 km longer route via Film Nagar and Gachibowli. It took me barely 40 mins to reach VBIT Park, instead of 35 on the Durgam Cheruvu route.
But I heard 2 bike guys conversing in the elevator that today was as bad as Thursday. It took them 40 minutes to reach VBIT from Madhapur Police Station.
Old 9th June 2008, 12:18   #35
Senior - BHPian

How is Jubilee Hills road number 36 ?
I was going to head out to the gym now. Hope i dont get stuck :(

Last edited by cooldude1988765 : 9th June 2008 at 12:20.
Old 9th June 2008, 12:22   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
How is Jubilee Hills road number 36 ?
I was going to head out to the gym now. Hope i dont get stuck :(
As normal as it could be. The problem lies between Madhapur PS & Cyber Towers.
Old 9th June 2008, 12:48   #37
Senior - BHPian

I am taking the Filmnagar road for the post few days. A joy ride compared to Madhapur.

Last week we had a major release and was travelling home at 3:00 AM. Add to this the absence of cabs and i made from Mindspace in Madhapur to my hoe near Greenpark in Ameerpet a total of 13 KMS in 15 minutes. Recorded this on my GPS.
Old 9th June 2008, 12:54   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani View Post
I am taking the Filmnagar road for the post few days. A joy ride compared to Madhapur.

Last week we had a major release and was travelling home at 3:00 AM. Add to this the absence of cabs and i made from Mindspace in Madhapur to my hoe near Greenpark in Ameerpet a total of 13 KMS in 15 minutes. Recorded this on my GPS.
Well, it's no big deal as it was 3 AM. I too did a similar feat while racing with my son from Image Gardens to Somajiguda at 12 midnight.
Old 10th June 2008, 14:36   #39
Senior - BHPian

Today's Update: Traffic continues to be as bad as last Thursday. This is the feedback I got from my colleagues who come by mobikes.
I hope the Durgam Cheruvu road is thrown open on schedule--June 19th.
Old 16th June 2008, 13:40   #40
BHPian

Any update? I had to come through Whisper Valley today as I went to other part of the city this morning. Is the situation still very bad or has come back to normal?

OT: The drive downhill from Whisper Valley towards Towli Chauki almost felt like a hill station what with the superb weather at Hyderabad these days.
Old 16th June 2008, 15:11   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post
Any update? I had to come through Whisper Valley today as I went to other part of the city this morning. Is the situation still very bad or has come back to normal?

OT: The drive downhill from Whisper Valley towards Towli Chauki almost felt like a hill station what with the superb weather at Hyderabad these days.
The Durgam Cheruvu road is still closed, as I can peek from my window and find no traffic on it whatsoever. My colleagues say the Madhapur road is still hell.
I too have been using the Whisper Valley road for the past 2 weeks, though it adds 10 Km to my daily commute.
Yeah, the drive downhill on Narne road is really like a hill station. But those nitwits have spoilt it with speed-breakers at 3 odd places.
Old 16th June 2008, 15:45   #42
BHPian

Even I take the Tolichowki-Filmnagar route to Begumpet. I can see an increase in traffic on this route, probably because of the closed Durgam Cheruvu road or maybe because the schools have reopened.

While coming to office today morning I saw an NHC stuck on its belly on the road connecting Jubilee Hills and the Filmnagar road. It was stuck at the edge of the tarred road and the unpaved road where there was a minor dip. Makes me worried about the low ground clearance of these cars. Besides that, this section is one of the worst in this route what with an intersection on a gradient, dug up roads, uneven road paving, and inconsiderate downhill drivers!
Old 16th June 2008, 19:41   #43
Senior - BHPian

I guess I missed the NHC at Filmnagar Jn because I had turned off into the Appollo Rd and later merged with the Filmnagar Road. This generally is less cumbesome than taking a left at the main Junction.
Old 19th June 2008, 17:09   #44
BHPian

Yeah ! Still the Madhapur PS to Cyber tower junction is hell. I go on bike and now i am trying to find out some alternate route from PS to image hospital or Myhome navadweepa. Everyday i am finishing my breakfast in a hurry to avoid the traffic jams. Today i have avoided breakfast and started at 8-30, from Checkpost, but still got struck in traffic :(
Old 20th June 2008, 10:34   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriswe View Post
I go on bike and now i am trying to find out some alternate route from PS to image hospital or Myhome navadweepa.
Yeah, there are some really shady paths from Image Hospital and BirlaSoft which leads you to Motorola directly. But then, those are hardly fit for any kind of vehicle.

Guys, please tell me Durgam Cheruvu road is re-opening..am getting tired of the tackling this maddening traffic everyday.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks