Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2008, 13:26   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.R View Post
Ehh...That's some damage. Alongwith searching for the Buffalo, you should also have looked for the owner & kicked him for let it stray on the roads (which happens always). If no owner complain/write to BDA(?)

OT: Just before the Hyundai factory as the road curves on the Bangalore - Chennai highway you have hordes cows, Buffalo's and what not standing in the median moving to both the sides of road at the whims and fancies. I had a close shave a couple of weeks back, fortunately a quick check on the RVM ensured I could brake hard not worrying about any tail-gating Joe.

Hope you get a reasonable insurance surveyor who is not going to give you any nasty surprises.
Old 11th September 2008, 13:34   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Good to know that the Buffalo and everyone else is ok.

Why did the Alto guys take your number? They shouldn't have been tailgating in the first place. They should have maintained distance to ensure they had braking distance in the event of an emergency.
Driver behind a hard braked vehicle is never blamed. It is the front drivers responsibility to brake keeping an eye on the rear view mirror. I am sure in this case the Alto was not tail gating has the Innova had hard braked from 40kmph.

@Bangalore, glad to know nothing happened to either you or the buffalo. Are you sure there was a buffalo in the first place?

Sorry, just kidding.

Also, to me as well the 88K estimate seems sky high. As someone rightly said, A.S.S looks for scapegoats to change the parts as they know it is covered by Insurance.

But, what they don't understand that this unnecessary change in parts means a hit to our pockets too. But, we curb that feeling thinking "atleast we are getting new parts" and pay the difference amount. however, obscene it may be.
Old 11th September 2008, 13:37   #18
Senior - BHPian

Good that everyone is safe! Naveen its good you took acknowledgement not FIR.

Alto owner cant claim insurance from your Insurance because its his mistake of not maintaing safe distance. If he try to act smart convince him and If he is very rigid and if he is creating nonsense give him Rs. 2000/- in police station itself and tell him this is towards NCB he looses after he calim his insurance. Advise him thats best way to go because other way would cost more for everyone. May be take acknowledgement for that from him and mention things sorted out out of any FIR and keep a copy.

PS: I does not mean you to spend 2000/- when you are not faulty to damage his car but there are few strange people who waste our time!

Make sure Ravindu don't charge you too much! Bargain without compromising quality.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 11th September 2008, 16:16   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_sachdeva View Post
I am no expert here, but in my case, 6 cars banged each other when an old man tried crossing the road without noticing the traffic. Nobody of the six lodged FIR. I straight away drove to Ford service centre & gave them the details of the accident on a blank piece of paper. They took the copy of RC, my driving licence & insurance policy.
Ford guys called the insurance surveyer next day & gave me the estimate. My insurance was cashless & i paid the depriciation amount the day my car was ready.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
An acknowledgment will do in this case for insurance purposes. An acknowledgment will state all the facts which took place and will be signed by both the driver and the police in charge.
I am not sure. But when I had similar incident, I was requested to get the FIR copy for Insurance claim and I got this. Mine was Royal Sundaram insurance through Maruti.
Old 11th September 2008, 16:27   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
I am not sure. But when I had similar incident, I was requested to get the FIR copy for Insurance claim and I got this. Mine was Royal Sundaram insurance through Maruti.
Not in my case, b'coz i confrimed from police and also from inusrance also that no FIR is required if nobody got hurt. My insurance is New India Insurance.
Old 11th September 2008, 16:44   #21
BHPian

My Cars and the Cattle have always been at loggerheads. Long Time back a Cow had fallen over my Maruti 800 and the entire Bonnet and both the Fenders ahd to be replaced. My dad was driving a Zen and out of nowhere he sees a cow running towards him and my dad starts going left and right just in order to avoid the cow and finally the cow managed to jump on the Bonnet. The Bonnet and the left fender had to be replaced. A year back my Indigo was parked in Common office parking and the parking guy came running to my office just to inform me that two cows while fighting each other have managed to damaged the left back end of the car...
Old 11th September 2008, 17:06   #22
BHPian

Rs.88k looks high. What is the outcome after negotiation. Please let us know.

Best Regards / Satish Prabhu
Old 11th September 2008, 17:26   #23
BHPian

here is the estimation copy which Ravidu had given
Attached Thumbnails
Innova meets the buffalo-t1.jpg  

Innova meets the buffalo-t2.jpg  

Innova meets the buffalo-t3.jpg  

Old 11th September 2008, 17:36   #24
Senior - BHPian

Well 88k is toomuch man. How much is the insurance company willing to pay you? I guess should be 100%labour and 90% of the rest. So are they willing to pay 80k+?
Old 11th September 2008, 17:43   #25
BHPian

Windshield replacement they are charging approx 9K including labour. I guess this is too much. Also charging towing service. Too much
Old 11th September 2008, 17:46   #26
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to note waht has happened. Have you noted the Alto's no. Having hit from behind ir is their fault. You can actually claim insurance or the damages happened to your car from those people. I did the same thing. The guy had hit my wagon R and I made him to foot the bill even though I would ahve claimed insurance. He paid and went. It was around 19K.
Old 11th September 2008, 17:51   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
Also charging towing service. Too much

AFAIK the towing charges to a certian amount are refunded by the Insurance Compnaies.
Old 11th September 2008, 17:56   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Sorry to note waht has happened. Have you noted the Alto's no. Having hit from behind ir is their fault. You can actually claim insurance or the damages happened to your car from those people. I did the same thing. The guy had hit my wagon R and I made him to foot the bill even though I would ahve claimed insurance. He paid and went. It was around 19K.
yes i too have his car and contact number. i agree it is his fault to hit from behind and not maintaing the safe distance, but i did'nt want to get into any kind of fight at that situation and more over as i am claiming insurance for front part, i thought i will cover this also.
Old 11th September 2008, 18:33   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Mine insurance was from Reliance. Royal sundaram even made me run around for 8 months before settling the claim for my stolen Alto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bangalore View Post
Not in my case, b'coz i confrimed from police and also from inusrance also that no FIR is required if nobody got hurt. My insurance is New India Insurance.
Yes Sir, Spot on. if nobody is hurt, no need to get FIR. That process that i mentioned in my earlier post is enough to get a claim.

Meanwhile i was having a look at the invoice & some of the innova's part are cheap than ford ikon. The headlights of Ikon 1.6 were coming close to 5K & i settled for newer model Flair headlights.

Last edited by pankaj_sachdeva : 11th September 2008 at 18:35.
Old 11th September 2008, 20:20   #30
Senior - BHPian

Lot of items need attention hence 88000+ estimate. Looks like they have put 1000/- more for bumpers although I don't know latest rates

If headlamps need replacement insetad of stock try for Angel headlamps although I heard still for Innova its not available in Bangalore, See If you find one because I might buy one too soon If I am going to keep my Innova. However this might not be right time since at least 15,000/- you might have to shell out :( considerring there will be plastic/fiber parts replacements for which insurance company pay less.

Regards,

Ravi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks