Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2014, 08:59   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Experience with Cheating IOC Pump: Sai Sravanthi Filling Station on NH7 (HYD-B

Quote:
Originally Posted by mints21 View Post
They wrote back informing me about the action that has been taken against the erring attendant.
Indeed, that's what happens always, the poor attendant becomes the victim of the fraud the pump owner does!
nitinbose is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2014, 10:23   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My Experience with Cheating IOC Pump: Sai Sravanthi Filling Station on NH7 (HYD-B

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianGuardian View Post
...I request you to avoid this filling station as there is clear manipulation going on. The filling station details (per the bill received) are:

Sai Sravanthi Filing Station
Owned and Operated by Indian Oil Corporation Ltd.
S. No. 280 and (P) 281/3 (P), NH7, Panchalingala (V), Kurnool (Dist.) A.P.
I am surprised this is a COCO! If you are travelling in the same route, I suggest you carry a 1L bottle and get fuel filled in that as well. If there is tampering, then it would prove your point.
Old 24th January 2014, 12:00   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I am surprised this is a COCO! If you are travelling in the same route, I suggest you carry a 1L bottle and get fuel filled in that as well. If there is tampering, then it would prove your point.
This is one of the reasons many pertol pump does not fill coke/mineral water bottle citing different excuses. It is very easy to catch them.
Generally pump has some container by which you can get the quantity verified but you will face many hurdles to get that test done
Old 24th January 2014, 12:26   #49
BHPian

Bad experience if indeed it was cheating by the pump. On my BLR-HYD drives, i am not comfortable with any fuel stations enroute, so mostly will have a full tank (at a known pump) prior to starting.
Old 24th January 2014, 14:03   #50
BHPian

These guys are the same every where. In my case I had the classic trick tried upon me.

At the UMCC HP Petrol pump morning 8 O clock, the guy before me got his scooter filled up with 50 rs petrol, I asked for a 500rs fill up in my bull and handed over the 500 rs note to the other guy who handles money (both are different). As soon as he sees the 500rs note, he says "sir ye to nakli hain" ( Sir this is a duplicate note). and in the meanwhile the other guy puts in his pipe into the tank and starts the refuelling with out resetting to zero. (zero lag, must have rehearsed well)

I ignored that guy and immediately asked him, "tu zero nahin kiya na?" (you did not reset it to zero). He just ate his words and said no I reset was trying to convince me, but both the guys were caught red handed.

I was irritated, but just told them "agli baar kuch naya sikha na yaar, bore ho gaya hun isee tarike se" (next time you teach me a new trick, got bored of the same old play)

He just kept quite and I went away.

This happened to me in a regular bunk I go atleast twice or thrice a week. I really wouldn't think they would bother on the highway, when they know the guy comes in once month or a year and not more than that.
Inquilab28 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2014, 15:05   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
This is one of the reasons many pertol pump does not fill coke/mineral water bottle citing different excuses. It is very easy to catch them...
That makes it easier to identify such pumps.
Old 26th January 2014, 22:14   #52
BHPian

Re: Fed up of Cheating / Short fueling by Petrol Pumps? Look here

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
By the way, where exactly is this? Is it between Kurnool and Gooty? Or between Pebbair and Kurnool?
This is the exact location (on that stretch) of the pump on Google Maps. Right adjacent to the BP pump (IOCL comes first). This is the only place on entire NH7 where an IOCL pump is right next to the BP pump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mints21 View Post
Since, it is a company owned company operated pump their accountability is even more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I am surprised this is a COCO!
Funny thing is though the the bill suggests as a COCO pump, the pump does not appear as a COCO on the IOCL website and there is no COCO signage anywhere at the pump except on the bill. Other IOCL pumps had very distinct COCO signage on the way back. Plus, the bill does not say COCO right out, it says 'Owned and Operated by' which is not the language COCO pumps ideally use. So maybe they can check on that as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajusherief View Post
It could be a problem with the auto stop fuel station too. Did you check whether they really filled a full tank. If they have cheated you by not giving you a full tank, the same fuel efficiency issue can come
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Did you confirm that nothing went in after auto stop?
Since you didn't go from empty to full, the extra 4-5 liters are more than enough to bring down your fuel efficiency by the amount mentioned.
Even if I assume the attendant didn't do an auto-stop and discount an additional 5 litres, the mileage then comes to 12.23 which is still well below average.

-----

Filed a complaint with IOCL today. Their feedback page refused to open on my USB modem connection. Finally on a broadband connection now. Will carry a 1 l bottle henceforth.

All I want is a surprise raid on the pump and for them to check the quantity and quality of diesel of all the diesel vending machines there.

Last edited by IndianGuardian : 26th January 2014 at 22:17.
IndianGuardian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2014, 22:36   #53
Senior - BHPian

Thanks @IndianGuardian. I could figure out that it comes just before the bridge that leads to Kurnool town.

We'll take care not to visit that place. I hope IOC entertains the complaint against his malpractice, and for feigning to be a COCO
Old 26th January 2014, 23:32   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Funny thing is though the the bill suggests as a COCO pump, the pump does not appear as a COCO on the IOCL website and there is no COCO signage anywhere at the pump except on the bill. Other IOCL pumps had very distinct COCO signage on the way back. Plus, the bill does not say COCO right out, it says 'Owned and Operated by' which is not the language COCO pumps ideally use. So maybe they can check on that as well.
I had a chance to speaking to a few people who are known to have some knowledge of the issue. I have been given to understand that the COCO pumps are not run and operated by the companies as we generally perceive them to be but the oil marketing companies appoint an agent who runs them on a contract. The contract and agreement is renewed after few years unlike the normal fuel stations where the contract is life long.
mints21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2014, 12:26   #55
BHPian

Quote:
On Thursday, January 23, we were travelling from Hyderabad to Bangalore. The previous day I had filled up a full tank (with auto stop) in my VW Vento (Diesel, MT).
Having filled up a full tank (with auto stop) and only 1 km travelled post filling from the station to home, we headed out to Bangalore. After travelling 216 km approx., we halted at the filing station mentioned in the subject line (more details of the station below). I asked for a full tank of diesel to be filled with auto-stop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Did you confirm that nothing went in after auto stop?
Since you didn't go from empty to full, the extra 4-5 liters are more than enough to bring down your fuel efficiency by the amount mentioned.

Not siding the attendant or the Petrol pump, in vento, even after auto cut off almost 8 - 9l of diesel could be filled in if air lock release button is depressed. (Total capacity of Vento diesel tank is 60l rather than the 55 as mentioned in the user manual).
Can you confirm that attendant didnt depress this button?
Old 27th January 2014, 16:14   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anToNIcHeN View Post
Not siding the attendant or the Petrol pump, in vento, even after auto cut off almost 8 - 9l of diesel could be filled in if air lock release button is depressed. (Total capacity of Vento diesel tank is 60l rather than the 55 as mentioned in the user manual).
Can you confirm that attendant didnt depress this button?
I can confirm that the attendant didn't fill up after auto-stop as I was standing right there but in regards to whether he depressed the air-lock release button, let me re-check the same since you mention this means another 10l can go in before auto stop initiates. How do I check if the air lock release button is depressed?

Assuming I discount 5l, the mileage then increases from 9.54km/l to 12.23km/l which is still well below average. If I discount 10l, the mileage then increases to 17.03km/l.
Old 27th January 2014, 17:33   #57
BHPian

Quote:
How do I check if the air lock release button is depressed?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2507817

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2749604

Last edited by anToNIcHeN : 27th January 2014 at 17:35.
anToNIcHeN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2014, 16:46   #58
BHPian

Hi All

Have been seeing that we are talking about errings petrol bunks(skunks rather) for quite sometime. Got me thinking on the below lines

cost of shell super(petrol)- 87 INR per ltr;; cost of petrol (normal) is 78INR per ltr.

I just filled petrol for INR 100(1.13L) in my bike at Shell and got a mileage of 70 Km for 100 INR and whilst for the same 100 INR used to get 1.32L and mileage of 67-65kmfor INR 100.
My take away from this is that for highway driving and long distance drives better to fill up at Shell (you can cut the cost/quantity to suit your need) since on highway the mileage is bound to be pretty high and also for the engine the fuel quality makes a very positive impact.

Love to hear from all of us on these thoughts and let us do some quick comparisons.

cheers
Old 12th February 2021, 08:31   #59
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Official Fuel Prices Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjoy3 View Post
The bunk is said to be owned by a senior politician (former home minister himself).
While I am not siding with any politicians and any easy money is good, but, these people do not have a whiff.

To cite an example, I was at a fuel bunk of a friend. His mother too was an ex-minister. He was watching his CCTV closely and ran out and fired his fuel dispenser guy.

Reason - An auto rickshaw guy asked diesel of Rs. 100. The guy showed him the figure in liter digits which reads as 1.00 [which from far and to a novice will appear as 100]. Imagine this...And people complain, there is no FE if I fill from a particular bunk and the reputation goes for a toss.

So, I believe, no sane person will encourage this, unless, it is short sightedness for petty gains.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks