Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2008, 11:33   #16
BHPian

a very sad incidence indeed! :-(. Folks are getting more and more educated but their wisdom is being reduced!. I appreciate your patience for if it was me, I would also have thrown his keys and his car off the road ( especially if I have friends for company ). We need more cool headed folks like you in road. Please do change the key set. Its better to be safe than being sorry
Old 6th October 2008, 11:47   #17
A.R
BHPian

Ehh.. what a crazy guy! very unfortunate to have such an encounter during a trip. Am sure he must be a high BP guy, who instantly lost his temper.

I think you did the right things by staying calm & thinking about next course of actions so that your trip & more importantly the 'mood' is not spoilt.

Well, another view, how about you snatching his car keys, locking the car, go to the police station file a complaint for nuisance & have his vehicle stationed overnight? He might have learnt his lessons, & will not dare to repeat.
Old 6th October 2008, 11:48   #18
BHPian

Oh, it is a sad experience. Zaks, you were patient so much, I was so angry on that 'educated couple' after reading your post itself. But good you did not spoil your party and moved on.
For keys, if your gut feel says some one has 'picked' your key at that time, then change them to new set. If it seemed, it is lost (in drain or so) just a duplicate key would do. Hope there was no remote lock fob or other important keys in the snatched keybunch.
Old 6th October 2008, 11:56   #19
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
zaks, that was a bad incident and the timing was very wrong am sure it would have spoiled the mood completely!

btw was the car parked in the middle os the road till you got the spare key?
Yes, it was stuck in the middle of the road for an hour with steering being locked causing a traffic congestion.

Some of the onlookers were suggesting me to break his windshield for what he did.

I was more surprised at the reaction of the fairer sex who was accompanying him. I thought they were not given to such rashness but boy she was in a foul mood and advising me that we being educated should not be breaking rules and that too after that guy threw my keys

Last edited by zaks : 6th October 2008 at 11:57.
Old 6th October 2008, 12:15   #20
Senior - BHPian

What was that guy doing in the center lane anyways if he had to take a left turn??? I dont think lancer has that huge a turning radius!
Old 6th October 2008, 13:39   #21
Senior - BHPian

You have an excellent control over you mind, and I would call you a very, very mature human being for behaving in a very positive manner.
This was not the behavior expected from anyone. Next time keep windows rolled up.
I believe they were rude because that couple would be in a hurry but eventually they could be late further because of this incident. But no reasons warrants this type of behavior.

However, the main point is the security of your car. Change the locks as early as possible.
Old 6th October 2008, 13:40   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
What was that guy doing in the center lane anyways if he had to take a left turn??? I dont think lancer has that huge a turning radius!
May be the guy never heard of a reverse gear????? Whats so difficult to reverse a bit and then overtake the stalled/stopped car and do your bit?

Whats worrying is Bangalore is going the Delhi way, with people waiting to take out their frustration on other road users. As examplified by the lancer couple, in frustration/anger they actually got out and threw the keys away, they could have shot our guy too if they had a gun!!!!. Once the rage was over, they actually tried to help in searching for those keys!! What our guy did was excellent. Kept his cool and gracefully handled a potentially explosive situation. If he had reacted in the ways suggested by some of our other readers, there might have been escalated voilence on both sides leading to some unfortunate consequences.
Old 6th October 2008, 13:43   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
May be the guy never heard of a reverse gear????? Whats so difficult to reverse a bit and then overtake the stalled/stopped car and do your bit?
Very good question!!!
Was there space to do that? The point has not been specifically clarified.
Old 6th October 2008, 13:50   #24
Senior - BHPian

A very mature reaction zaks, really needs to be commended. For all we know, the lancer driver could have been hypertensive & acted that way. Please change your locks immediately.
Old 6th October 2008, 13:50   #25
Senior - BHPian

The more the educated the more they are brainless over the wheels,you did a good job keeping yourself cool and not getting voilent for his act,he might be thinking over the incident again and again and feeling guilty of what he has done.

It only takes a few seconds or a minute at the most at signals to move,so keeping patience is the only key.
Old 6th October 2008, 14:44   #26
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Very good question!!!
Was there space to do that? The point has not been specifically clarified.
Yes, there was space but that would have taken some time to do and the light would have turned green by that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
The more the educated the more they are brainless over the wheels,you did a good job keeping yourself cool and not getting voilent for his act,he might be thinking over the incident again and again and feeling guilty of what he has done.

It only takes a few seconds or a minute at the most at signals to move,so keeping patience is the only key.
He might have been in a hurry but he lost his temper over something trivial. I feel relieved that I didn't react likewise.

In fact I could have taken the left and done a u-turn at a junction in the median ahead but I didn't realise this at that time and I just moved a little forward thinking there was sufficient space for vehicles turning left but apparently the lancer couldn't.
Old 6th October 2008, 14:47   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

A few months ago, something similar happened to me on Hitec city crossroads where i accidentally moved to the left lane ( you know sometimes it happens due to traffic flow) and i was quite sure i am going to beat the red light and when i couldn't i had to wait at the left side of the lane where it is a free left.

Then a zen fella comes and starts honking like crazy and i tell him another vehicle in front so i cant move and waved apologetically at him. If he had 30 seconds patience, we all can drive away from there happily.

But, being a crazed person he was, squirmed his way to left side of my car and was with a lady in passenger seat and was using all kind of abusing words, even if i apologized.

He hit my left OVRM with something in his hand and this act blew my fuse and since he was going overboard, i had to do what i was not supposed to do but then i am quite sure, he wont repeat that anymore, i am sure about that.

If i am in his shoes and someone even waves apologetically, all my anger fizzles out and i simply wave back and smile back at him.

What we need is more patience these days. I dont think it is surprising that India is fast rising as highest number of BP and Diabetic patients and some part of this rise is certainly related to "Road Rage"
Old 6th October 2008, 14:52   #28
Senior - BHPian

I can't believe you didn't throw his keys back into the drain or that scumbag himself?

the road does not belong to his daddy.

I hope you are filing a proper FIR against him/using your contacts/ or despatching a 3kg loveletter in brick through his windshield. That ------- deserves that. I'm surprised you LET him get away.

The only complication would've been the lady - had she shouted a harassment/eveteasing appeal, police/junta would've arbitly turned against you. But the ------ deserves to get atleast his windshield smashed. ------ that he is, he would be bragging about his exploit to his friends. These scum need to be disciplined.
Old 6th October 2008, 15:01   #29
Senior - BHPian

Oops, thats a new twist to road rage. Amazing how you were able to keep your sanity in the light of such provocation. Kudos to you.
Old 6th October 2008, 15:14   #30
Team-BHP Support

is road rage like Zingaro. Makes you think you are a super hero.

A single guy travelling with a lady takes the key and flings it out of a car that has more than a couple of guys.

Salam boss.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks