Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2008, 15:17   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
is road rage like Zingaro. Makes you think you are a super hero.

A single guy travelling with a lady takes the key and flings it out of a car that has more than a couple of guys.

Salam boss.
I am sure the guy was inspired by you.. you know what i mean.

(maybe he read a certain post by you, here on T-bhp)
Old 6th October 2008, 15:31   #32
Senior - BHPian

You blocked the left lane illegally. A lot of people would not take kindly to your doing that. His behavior was bad. But so was yours. There is no exception to traffic rules just because you decided to pick your friend up at a bad place. This is called "selfishness" and being inconsiderate. How about taking some responsibility for this incident?
Old 6th October 2008, 15:41   #33
Senior - BHPian

Agree with DirtyDan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
I have to take the right turn at the intersection. But the intersection has a few vehicles waiting at the signal so I move my car to the center of the road and put on my right indicator and wait.
Why were you in a hurry to take the right turn? ideally you should have been behind the other cars/vehicles which were waiting for the signal to go green...

You might waited for couple of signals but would not have faced this incident...
Old 6th October 2008, 15:45   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
You blocked the left lane illegally.
I thought he was in the center lane??
And since he was in the center lane, its the guy who wants to turn left who is in the wrong lane.
Old 6th October 2008, 15:49   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
I thought he was in the center lane??
And since he was in the center lane, its the guy who wants to turn left who is in the wrong lane.
My dear friend i cant think of any road which has 3 lane in Indiranagar??
Old 6th October 2008, 16:10   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
My dear friend i cant think of any road which has 3 lane in Indiranagar??
He wasnt in Indiranagar. If i have understood correctly, he was in Koramangala, at the NGV junction, with NGV entrance straight ahead. And at that junction, you will normally see 3 lanes of traffic.
Old 6th October 2008, 16:21   #37
Senior - BHPian

Lohith! Zaks had this encounter in Koramangala on his way to Indiranagar(read as towards the Sony world Junction of IRR) and i dont see him offending any traffic rule here as he rightfully moved into the center lane having to take a right @ this most insane intersection.
The lancer folk would have probably wanted to go towards the Passport office and damn his guts and Zaks you did a right thing by keeping your nerves cool. Knowing this intersection I know how haphazardly rides move on either side trying to get the better off the other.
Again as Zaks mentioned, its the 80feet road coming from Forum and crossing Bethany school,Police station towards NGV and to get onto the IRR towards Sony world signal stop and its not in Indiranagar.
Old 6th October 2008, 16:26   #38
Senior - BHPian

oops my bad on Indiranagr part...

NGV junction is not a 3 lane, it gets too tight with 2 cars and a motor bike in the same line...
Old 6th October 2008, 16:30   #39
Senior - BHPian

Good that you controlled your anger. If he was bad, he would not have offered for help and would not have searched the keys along with you. This was done in a fit of rage and repent later.

As for the another set of keys, it is best to have new set of lock and keys if it is not costing much. Otherwise, you can make the duplicate of the same and start using it. Who knows it might have fell into the gutter also.
Old 6th October 2008, 16:32   #40
Senior - BHPian

VJ, am not saying that lancer guy did right or zak was wrong..

I did travel this weekend on the same road, at the signal on this juction i made sure i was in the right though there was enough space for me to squeez in and let a rick go in the left. but preferred to stay on right....cause if i had done that would have faced similar situation if not the same kind!

Anyways good learning for all

Last edited by lohithrao : 6th October 2008 at 16:33.
Old 6th October 2008, 16:40   #41
Senior - BHPian

Agreed Lohith ! That intersection sucks big time and i was only reiterating the fact that to what I have understood Zaks was not wrong and chill brother and as you rightly said, its a learning but still i feel that Lancer guy was overboard and insane to do something like that.
Old 6th October 2008, 16:46   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK View Post
Agreed Lohith ! That intersection sucks big time and i was only reiterating the fact that to what I have understood Zaks was not wrong and chill brother and as you rightly said, its a learning but still i feel that Lancer guy was overboard and insane to do something like that.
Dont worry bro am cool....i was just telling on how this situation could have been avoided...

What the Lancer guy did was not acceptable at all....kudos to zak on controlling himself
Old 6th October 2008, 16:50   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Good that you controlled your anger. If he was bad, he would not have offered for help and would not have searched the keys along with you. This was done in a fit of rage and repent later.

As for the another set of keys, it is best to have new set of lock and keys if it is not costing much. Otherwise, you can make the duplicate of the same and start using it. Who knows it might have fell into the gutter also.

Its not a question of ' if he was bad' . Its sounds like justifying someone stabbing you and then offering to take you to the hospital. Then that might not seem bad too.
Someone had to pay the price for someone 's rage. In this case the man had to go through the inconvenience of losing his keys, going and fetching another key from home and as per your suggestion, faces the prospect of a new set of lock and keys.
Now THATs bad enough.
Old 6th October 2008, 19:27   #44
BHPian

DAAYYYYMMMM Man whats your middle name? Iceman!! You did show nerves of steel by not giving him a taste of his own medicine.

But what you did is not an easy thing to do. Keeping calm when someone
deliberately hurts you is hard.

If someone indulges in Road Rage with me, I usually smile and raise my hand and go past to avoid any confrontation. But I don't know what I would have done if I was in your place! I know what my best mate would have done if he was with me! That lancer guy would not have been allowed to leave without some nice treatment!
Old 6th October 2008, 21:41   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Very good question!!!
Was there space to do that? The point has not been specifically clarified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
Yes, there was space but that would have taken some time to do and the light would have turned green by that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
You blocked the left lane illegally. A lot of people would not take kindly to your doing that. His behavior was bad. But so was yours. There is no exception to traffic rules just because you decided to pick your friend up at a bad place. This is called "selfishness" and being inconsiderate. How about taking some responsibility for this incident?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Agree with DirtyDan

Why were you in a hurry to take the right turn? ideally you should have been behind the other cars/vehicles which were waiting for the signal to go green...

You might waited for couple of signals but would not have faced this incident...
And there is overwhelming support for a deed done wrong! Why?
Because we are all T-BHP and a 'modified' set of standards needs to be applied?!

Last edited by anupmathur : 6th October 2008 at 21:43. Reason: spelling..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks