Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2008, 16:44   #31
BANNED

Amazing what a Swift can do to an H2. Now who called that Maruti flimsy?

And the diamonds
Old 23rd December 2008, 16:48   #32
BANNED

If the Good car met a Hummer, the conversation would go:
"Me U-VA, U-HU?"

Last edited by hrag : 23rd December 2008 at 17:05.
Old 23rd December 2008, 23:05   #33
BHPian

I wonder if its going to be advertised.

In all probability it might be used by the honchos at Maruti Udyog to brag about their car's integrity. Infact I am quiet enamoured at the relatively unscathed look of the Swift.

If the Ford Endevour had crashed into the Hummer probably the Hummer would have been history.
Old 23rd December 2008, 23:59   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
first i doubt that it a replica.

secondly the us army dosent use the h2. it uses the h1. google it and ull see it can take a much bigger hit than what this h2 just got.
AFAIK, the U.S. Army uses the HMMWV(High Mobility Multi-purpose Wheeled Vehicle) and the H1 is it's civilian version manufactured by GM Hummer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
the funny bit was i saw the swift being towed and and hour later the boys who were in the swift were standing on tow truck and very happy about the face that they totalled the swift. they were smiling and shouting. did the hummer guy pay them like 5 laks on spot to just tow the car and go home and buy new car the next morning. the look was typical like that.
Pathetic to say the least.
But I am very happy to know that everyone escaped unhurt.
Old 24th December 2008, 00:18   #35
Senior - BHPian

Being there at the time of incident,i could calculate only one thing,if the hummer would have not being running on 26's and used its stock small tyre size and i would have said the swift and the person travelling inside would have been history.

The only damage to the ball-joint was due to the 26s he was running,and the wheel which came out went over swift right bonet and crushing down everything which came under it,unfortunately we missed clicking the side pics of the swift,the wheel ball-joint of the swift was also aparted with the body,and was crushed down badly.

It was good to hear that everyone was safe in this insane accident,the entire place was cleared within 20mins,as usual it was a heavily drunk driving case,which could have proved fatal.But guess what the driver walked away home and the person who was not drunk took the charge 3cheers to money power
Old 24th December 2008, 09:40   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
AFAIK, the U.S. Army uses the HMMWV(High Mobility Multi-purpose Wheeled Vehicle) and the H1 is it's civilian version manufactured by GM Hummer.

Pathetic to say the least.
But I am very happy to know that everyone escaped unhurt.
yup thats right. humvee.
Old 24th December 2008, 14:11   #37
BHPian

I have seen this Hummer a couple of times being driven very rashly near my house (waterfield road) and also once on the road down from Pali Naka to Linkin Road. Hummer is anyways high and broad, on top of that this one has all its lights on; completely blinding for me in a zen.
Old 24th December 2008, 17:04   #38
BHPian

These bling bling wheels are a structural nightmare. On a crappy truck to begin with.

Add a liberal dose of alcohol and good bye Tahoe -- err H2
Old 25th December 2008, 10:37   #39
BHPian

WHOA, that Swift held up pretty well in its face-to-face battle with the speeding Hummer. It actually emerged the victor!

As for the jumping monkeys in the Hummer, mumbai roads would be a better place without them. Damned lunatics......ought to be beaten black and blue.
Old 25th December 2008, 12:58   #40
BHPian

God !
2 points to query

1) A Hummer? Is this REALLY a hummer? I think not, i do not own one. None of my friends own one, But i seen a real hummer (black) back in south mumbai and this one doesnt come close to reality. I assume this yellow is a hummer wannabe modified ( Dc or some local exotic garage souped up types ?) The bull arm in front is a giveaway isnt it ? and i dont think the real hummer uses wiper blades the same size that is the same i used in my old fiat ? Real hummer fans please guide this novice (me) so i can Shut up .
Note added later :- The tyres on the so called hummer look * for lack of a better word GAY * plus those lights on top look like wella not OG Hella. Somebody stop me and tell me this was not a real hummer. Please come on tell me whats the secret here.

2) Swift took the hit bad. Well done swift peeps, money well spent on the safety (My questions to the maruti peeps.
Did the abs work ?
And what about air bags ?I dont see any airbags anywhere, well did they deploy ( Since we are all here using us army terminology)
Old 25th December 2008, 14:45   #41
BHPian

Totalled?

The swift looks in awful shape. The peculiarity of this incident is the way the drivers side front wheels just sliced off both the cars.
Old 28th December 2008, 00:37   #42
BHPian

Man I didn't know that the Hummer is such a Wuss car!
Who says Indian cars are built stronger than American Trucks? This WUSSer couldn't even stand a bump with a Swift!

@Porus: The tyres on the so called hummer look * for lack of a better word GAY *..haha that does seem to be the truth!
Old 28th December 2008, 01:49   #43
Senior - BHPian

Oh come on, i think if it was a head on collision the swift would have been history.

Quote:
the wheel which came out went over swift right bonet and crushing down everything which came under it,unfortunately we missed clicking the side pics of the swift,the wheel ball-joint of the swift was also aparted with the body,and was crushed down badly.
^ Look at what just a wheel of the hummer did to the swift.

Quote:
As for the jumping monkeys in the Hummer, mumbai roads would be a better place without them. Damned lunatics......ought to be beaten black and blue.
I agree.

Last edited by Rehaan : 11th January 2009 at 23:42.
Old 28th December 2008, 02:49   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
H2 is just a fake. Its a Chevy Tahoe with plastic surgery to make it look like an H1. Its only bought by wannabes.

Have to say that the swift survived quite a knock from the truck.
How do you know its a Tahoe? Any proof to suport the above? Just Inquisitive!
Old 28th December 2008, 03:12   #45

And somehow, i find this entire event Funny!! Call me Cold hearted or whatever!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks