Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2009, 23:29   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
I wish I can learn to be as cool headed as you someday.
If this would have happened to me, the outcome would have been unfortunately much messier.
Great going.
On a lighter note, loosely translating what this guy said to you two... "Ghar pe Baap Bhai nahi hain kya?!?" Hehehe!
Thanks mate and yeah I think translated he did say that haha - although I would say there was plenty of profanity going on there. The mods seem to have edited all the hashed profanity out of original post though
Old 26th January 2009, 00:09   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
i am guessing its some kind of ego issue !!

I believe so. When I was in a tight situation in traffic I do pass nagging slow movers at high revs. It is common to see the same vehicle try to cut across rudely, chase or desperately trying to get ahead or not giving way.

In your situation hurt ego was clearly an element, "do you know who I am".
Old 26th January 2009, 00:43   #18
Senior - BHPian

Jatin! That was really a scary experience and just remember one thing, that we guys love our cars more than every second driver on these roads . And also please stay calm and its better to control our frustration and not show any gestures or even say anything as people who go berserk like that on the road, quite obviously dont care a hoot about their rides nor their lives.

I happen to learn around a year back and moreover with a FFE and an outward sporty look of my ride too added to the other moron that I am a guy who happens to show off..such a pity that frustrated souls can never understand what it takes to care for the ride, because its just not a vehicle to take me from point A to Point B and definitely they dont have an attitude and common sense to @least understand.

Thank heavens that nothing nasty happened. Be cool brother.
Old 26th January 2009, 01:09   #19
BHPian

Very true

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogisays0909 View Post
Mods, requesting you not to delet this post, its more intersting in local language.
Friends i fail to understand why do these cops try to act smart with youngsters with modded cars and bikes. A similar kind of incident happened when i was in a hurry to get back home on my Rx100, revving high on each gear.
Hey Yogi,

Its just for the moolah's sake.They know that if u have the bucks to mod your car, even though it was running fine without that, then you might surely cough up some of it , if they successfully frighten you into getting reprimanded,for no fault of yours.
The normal line we adopted when I was back in bangalore was.."sir plz write the chalaan and I will pay it right here" coz all the money written in the chalan goes to the treasury and not to the dirty pockets of those cops.cheers: So they just warn and let you go.So becomes just funny chapter in your life with no bitter tastes
Old 26th January 2009, 11:23   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK View Post
Jatin! That was really a scary experience and just remember one thing, that we guys love our cars more than every second driver on these roads .
Thank heavens that nothing nasty happened. Be cool brother.
yeah vj - completely understand, I was even scared he might come back and scratch my parked ride after I left. Hence parked in some lane far off from the incident lane even though it meant walking a lot more to get to the italian joint.
I am not sure how people on the roads can be such frustrated ego maniacs! Maybe there should be a psychological test as part of driving license test where people should be taken through such situations and based on the responses a decision taken on their mental make-up for driving
Old 26th January 2009, 11:58   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
I am not sure how people on the roads can be such frustrated ego maniacs! Maybe there should be a psychological test as part of driving license test
Teaching driving is a frustrating experience. And your exhaust note was probably the last straw. (I am just pointing out the other side). Just forgive him and go on with life.
Old 26th January 2009, 12:46   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Teaching driving is a frustrating experience. And your exhaust note was probably the last straw. (I am just pointing out the other side). Just forgive him and go on with life.
I know as I have been in that situation of teaching someone, but I would not physically threaten anyone and throw profanities at women. Such behavior is just not justifiable. As far as forgiving and moving on with life, I already did that at the time he was shouting in my face. Misunderstandings happen, people have a bad temper day and things go all out of control, as long as everyone comes out unscathed its all cool

And my above comment on psychological analysis during driving tests was just a joke, so lets leave it at that and be cool

Last edited by jassi : 26th January 2009 at 12:50.
Old 1st February 2009, 23:25   #23
Senior - BHPian

Jassi, man you have tremendous patience and high absorption levels. I myself don't know how would I have reacted to the situation you were in. In all probability that Press guy would've forgotten for a long time to come, who his sire was...
Old 10th February 2009, 11:27   #24
BHPian

I have faced this, sometimes if your driving on the extreme right lane and a car is running very slowly in front of you, you use the dipper once (HID lights) and most often than the driver in front of you thinks your showing off and tends to take off or slow down more considerably whereas you just think all you were asking for was a right way to overtake.
Old 14th February 2009, 10:01   #25
Senior - BHPian

^ completely agree with you on that. a little dip and flash of headlights is probably the simplest and humblest way of asking for passage but yeah out here people start thinking the opposite!
Old 14th February 2009, 11:50   #26
BHPian

How I wish i could control my temper like you did.

:(
Old 14th February 2009, 18:44   #27
BHPian

Jassi paaji tussi chaa gaye !!!
That was very nice of you to keep a cool head and listen to the unwanted crap from the white sedan shouting guy !! He must be tired of telling thing s which his father was not listening and making mistake s and screwing his ride give the shouting man the benefit of doubt he just wanted to take over the wheel man !! Above all both of you shout spoil your throat s and even have high BP till the age of 40 !! Wish i could do the same but at time s loose my head over the roaches (autos)

Last edited by m-hawk : 14th February 2009 at 18:45.
Old 14th February 2009, 21:27   #28
BHPian

hehe thanks for the encouraging inputs guys - had a bad day at office yesterday and while driving back this incident came to my mind (because of some of other joker on the road) and I thought to myself, maybe that day I should have given that guy what he deserved, i should have got out of the car and .....
came and saw this thread again and was back on the right track with all the new comments
Hope people read the good inputs by tbhpians on this thread and stay cool on the roads - the amount of road raging people out there is growing by the day!
Old 24th February 2009, 02:06   #29
BHPian

How to ease Road Rage and be a happier driver.

Great thread It's a good thing you did there Jassi.
Being calm is the best thing to do, though sometimes people try to use this to their advantage or seeing you all calm and

composed, get even more angry and illogical [have faced this issue once] - in which case you just cannot help it.

i have myself learned to relax after a lot of resistance from my former, angry at foolish drivers, self
I used to get really angry at people driving haywire or just plain stupid.
Then one day i sat down and reflected as well as tried understand and learn from these experiences.
Finally, im much calmer now & may i add, a much happier driver. This also makes driving more enjoyable, no matter

what you face on the road.

Given below are some tips which im trying to encorporate into my driving stlye...Just thought it would be nice to share these thoughts with everyone here.

NOTE: In order to make it easy to read and comprehend, im splitting this post into multiple posts. If the mods deem it fit to merge these into one then it is completely at their discretion which is best for the forum.

Last edited by Xehaust : 24th February 2009 at 02:08.
Old 24th February 2009, 02:17   #30
BHPian

Point 1: Smile while you Drive

First & foremost, i came across a thread on TBHP which im unable to locate now which is an excellent read. Shows how a simple smile can liven up someones day & ease all the road rage from the person. It also makes you feel good & jolly. Let BHPians make a start and im sure we will see a lot more happy & smiling drivers on the road. Will post the link in this thread when i find it.

In short, it showed how you should smile at other drivers on the road. Say you are waiting at a signal, and there is eye contact between you and someone else in another car, just bother to give a brief smile. It happens to liven up the mood.

P.S. - On the other hand, the other person may just think of you as a creep Read the thread once i find it & put up the link here to read the pros & cons.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks