Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2009, 14:57   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Yes, because the public prefer to transport/travel on their own vehicles rather depending on the Govt
Yesterday our CM MR.Yedur was boosting about our Bangalore City in AirShow Inaugural program. Telling just about the all Good Good thing. But did this stupid ever thought about the Pathetic Infrastructure of Bangalore. How we are facing problem each and every day. He must be traveling with Z-Category Security or or Helicoptor.
The ITPL area gives a chunk of revenue to the KA and INDIA. But have they ever thought of making the road from KRPURAM to ITPL. The road is almost gone. Filled with pot holes and broken. Real shamefull people.
Old 12th February 2009, 15:07   #32
BHPian

I also work out of E City, some days i have taken 3.5hrs to reach my residence near Mahalakshmi layout. This usually happens on a long weekend where i have to cross Majestic Bus stand enroute. Otherwise on normal days i take around 1.5 to 2hrs to reach resi.

Everyday i travel around 60-65kms per day.

regards
Deepak
Old 12th February 2009, 15:08   #33
SBR
BHPian

Got to know that it was really bad this morning. A friend of mine took 3 hours to reach Sarjapur from Hebbal.

Bangalore traffic is getting worse day by day
Old 12th February 2009, 15:30   #34
Senior - BHPian

Dost picture abhi bakhi hai!

Since many flyovers are built we can expect load of Jams... and we all know how the planing...

Attaching a google map image and have pointed out the trouble pints.

1 is the place where some road work was happening resulting in a bad jam.

2 is the road where a huge lot of traffic tries to crossover to kormangala side which results in bad jams, almost every day.
Attached Thumbnails
It took just 2.5 hrs to reach my office today!-agarajunc.jpg  

Old 12th February 2009, 15:32   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
And our State Govt is envisaging a junction-free ORR!

What about the traffic mess at KR Puram everyday, this bottleneck exists from past so many years, and the Govt (past & present) is least bothered about it.

Amen. 2 days ago, I had to take my car to one of our office's campuses on Koramangala-Indiranagar Inner Ring Road, and from there had to go to our main campus near Nagawara. Having left the 1st campus at 640 pm, I reached the 2nd campus at 820 pm, missing an important meeting - after a royal traffic mess all the way from Banaswadi signal to Nagawara signal.

The ring road, when originally conceptualized, was intended to be a traffic-signal free run. Instead, the usual combination of unaccounted missing tax-payers money in such a public-works project and short-cut after-thought solutions thereafter, there are traffic signals instead of underpasses and over-bridges.

I want to say some of the choicest words to our political administrators and city planners but that's just a waste of time and my peace-of-mind.

Last edited by theMAG : 12th February 2009 at 15:39.
Old 12th February 2009, 15:40   #36
Senior - BHPian

This is really bad! So much of fuel wasted! Do not understand why we pay the highest road tax?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx View Post
...Oh, yes, I remember seeing all those vehicles just sitting there as I rode past on the bike (cycle) ...
And you want to but a Safari. Either you will get royally stuck or you will just make your own road!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
...I want to say some of the choicest words to our political administrators and city planners but that's just a waste of time.
Waste of your time, energy and the words themselves!
Old 12th February 2009, 15:44   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What about the traffic mess at KR Puram everyday, this bottleneck exists from past so many years, and the Govt (past & present) is least bothered about it.
The government has better things to do like controlling pub culture and valentine's day.
Old 12th February 2009, 15:51   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
And you want to but a Safari. Either you will get royally stuck or you will just make your own road!
Oh yeah - inside the city I totally avoid cars as much as possible. I love driving, but not the avoid-that-auto-and-curse-at-that-bus kinds. The Safari shall do long relaxed drives, if it materializes

Inside Bangalore - my Merida's the quickest. Alternatively, have started using buses!
Old 12th February 2009, 15:54   #39
Senior - BHPian

You know, it would have been easier to withstand the discomfort caused due to flyover constructions, had there been some assurance, based on past performance, that things will improve once the flyover is constructed. But Bangalore has somehow ended up with some of the funniest flyovers that have not been able to justify the pain caused during their construction.

The IRR - Airport road flyover, and perhaps the Hebbal flyover are maybe the only flyovers that indicates that some thought had actually gone into making them. Rest of the flyovers are mere jokes.

My sympathy for those who were stuck in this jam today. I hope your return journey is less painful.
Old 12th February 2009, 16:00   #40
Team-BHP Support

Well, it is more with bad planning. If they removed the divider and tarred the muddy portion before putting up the construction barriers, all this would not have happened
Old 12th February 2009, 16:12   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao
totllay i think i spent about 2.5 hours to reach my office(Bannergahtta rd) which i normally take about 45 mins.
After Chennai's Black Friday (just before last Diwali), I can understand your situation. I along with many thousand other motorists were at the same place on the IT corridor for 2.5 hours - all due to some stupid Human chain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM
I would not like to be reminded about the horrible public transport in Chennai. The world knows, Bangalore is the only Indian city with the best public transport system.
Not being protective of Chennai or anything, but I don't know what gave you the idea that it's PTS is horrible. Between them, the TBM-Beach electric route and the SETC buses do a great job of connecting Chennai.

And from as far as I can remember (say 20 years), not just Chennai, but whole of TN has one of the best bus networks in India - maybe even the best. Any time of the day/night, you can travel without being stranded.

I guess bangalore having the best PTS is just your rating - the smiley seems to indicate so.
Old 12th February 2009, 16:12   #42
Senior - BHPian

Pro activeness is the last thing which we can expect from our government

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Well, it is more with bad planning. If they removed the divider and tarred the muddy portion before putting up the construction barriers, all this would not have happened
Old 12th February 2009, 16:13   #43
BANNED

Thats true - this jam looks just one-off incident.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo View Post
The flyover work has been happening for the past couple of months and there was never a jam like this during this period.
This is the actual reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Issue was the divider after the koramangala crossing which thay had removed and earlier there was mud, now they have dug it up 1ft to make it a tarred surface after filling, with the other side having the construction barriers and therefore you have a bottleneck with only one lane operating.
Basically, Govt has to award contracts to night workers than day workers.
Quote:
They could have done this at night when traffic is lean and saved a lot of people time, fuel and agony.
Old 12th February 2009, 16:34   #44
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Basically, Govt has to award contracts to night workers than day workers.
I asked this question to a neighbour who is into government contracts. He said they dont do any road work in the night due to safety reasons.

The workers are worried that some drunk might drive over them when they are working at night.

Recall the incident on 100 ft road? 4 joggers dead.
Old 12th February 2009, 16:36   #45
BHPian

Lohith, you can try taking the road adjacent to Spring Field apartment to skip the traffic at Agara Junction. This should take you to HSR and exit through silk board.

BMTC bused stop right in the middle of the road, they won't give way when on the move. I see a huge lane of vehicles following the BMTC buses on hosur road. The three wheelers which runs of diesel and transports good are equally good in spoiling the mood.

Sometimes I feel nothing can be done here, so switch on the music and chill madi.

Guys do you feel the pain in the knee cap after driving in heavy traffic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks