Hey Rudra Sir,

Nice write up.

The car looks superb.

Cheers.

p.s why didnot you drive 100 bhp of pure nirvana
Old 9th May 2005, 16:07   #17
BHPian

Dear Rudra Sir

nice wirte up. it reminded me of the drives we used to take in our fiat when we were very small for a breakfast at Mani's (small south indian restaurant famous for its idlis, vadas and other things. in Matunga) from Ghatkopar.

lovely pics of both the cars and it is really tempting and such things should be done here in bombay too.

Shubbhi

Last edited by manaa45 : 9th May 2005 at 16:08.
Old 9th May 2005, 16:56   #18
BHPian

Hey Rudra,

Nice Write up and AWESOME Pics!!! Cant believe its from a phone cam. I guess part of its because of who's taken them :-)

I think we should do this more often to keep blood pressures and frustration levels low :-) Once in two weeks sounds quite reasonable?
Jaggu, if you love the open roads, getting up at 530am on sunday to hit the road, is definitely better than getting up at 10am nursing a hangover. Im speaking from experience here. The only sore point of the trip was on the way back when we hit traffic after Hoskote.

And Rudra, sorry about not offering you the keys of the Petra for a drive. I tend to be absent minded when Im totally relaxed, like after a good drive. I realized that miss only after I got home. Will fix it the next time around.

Anyway, I have changed my views about Optra's after driving your 1.8. I loved the way the torque comes on and the way the car numbs your sense of speed. I typically never cross 60-8-kmph in some one else's car unless im really comfy in it. I guess your 205/50R15's also helps the cause...

So the sunday after next, before the Monace GP?

Regards,
Rahul

PS - There are 3 Kamat's suitably located for breakfast drives: Mysore Road, Tumkur Road & Old Madras Road. Theres also one on Hassan Road, but thats about 100km from Nelamangala. Given the conditions of our roads, The best one to hit at present is the one on Old Madras ROad. The one on Hassan Road is also good provided you hit the road at 530am.... We could also try Harrie's suggestion in Krishnagiri. Theres also this rustic joint on Kanakpura Road, which is VERY decent...
Old 9th May 2005, 17:56   #19
Senior - BHPian

wow,
rahulmd ur petra looks good.
what do u say abt rudra's cars.

does he ever take out his car.
why is there only one pic of the road

nice write-up.

for mumbaities a karnala drive on early morning can offer the same type of pleasure.
Old 9th May 2005, 18:41   #20
Senior - BHPian

Excellent writeup! Sunday mornings are pretty boring if you spend time at home but very interesting if you move for an outing...and especially with your car
Old 9th May 2005, 19:53   #21
Team-BHP Support

Hi Rudra,

I was about to ask you why you didn't call me, but then you probably knew I was away.

Let's see, what was I doing during that exact time. I was sitting in the porch and enjoying my coffee looking over this view:
Oh, did I mention I was in the middle of a 1000 acre coffee estate...

Then I went for a long in the Baleno on this road:

BTW, now I am back in Bangalore.
Old 10th May 2005, 10:21   #22
Awaiting Email Confirmation

nice one rudra
sorry couldnt join you on sunday morning
did not have a ride to come along, nice pics

hey samurai which place is that , really cool
Old 10th May 2005, 10:26   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCARLET
hey samurai which place is that , really cool
Coorg. I have much better pictures, but I can't post them on net since they are all snaps of private property.
Old 10th May 2005, 12:36   #24
BHPian

[quote=rahulmd]I think we should do this more often to keep blood pressures and frustration levels low :-) Once in two weeks sounds quite reasonable?
So the sunday after next, before the Monace GP?
QUOTE]

Rahul, Rudra, looks like you had a good time.. I had to drop out because of this stupid viral fever .. recovering now.. should be back in action by the weekend.. am on for the Monaco weekend..

Rahul, agree.. Mysore, Tumkur & Hassan Roads, all to be avoided when on a pleasure drive..
Old 10th May 2005, 13:52   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj
Rudra
grrrrrroowwwwllll......
Amitoj I second you on that...

Rudra a Call just a Call...

maybe next sunday with a Black Amby, TC'd Conti, CRV, Green Palio

what say boys...
Old 10th May 2005, 14:10   #26
Team-BHP Support

LOL shan2nu. I am in noida now. And commute every day 35kms to work from delhi. It takes me 1 hour to complete that stretch and if i leave by 8 it takes me 45minutes. But what i love the most about this place is the DND flyway. The 3.2kms is actually a flyway. Infact you can take a U turn at the flyway tool plaza and fly 3kms for free .
Old 10th May 2005, 14:35   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho
TC'd Conti

Ok, what did I miss? Details please.
Old 10th May 2005, 15:22   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ported_head
Ok, what did I miss? Details please.
You didnt miss anything as yet, it's being done and shall update once it is completed, hopefully in the next 2 days.

And it's not going to be a high boost setup just enough boost to freak out a bit
Old 11th May 2005, 00:46   #29
BHPian

awesome!!!

The write up ol' man was amazing......I'm sure you'll had a blast......the pictures speak a thousand words of how tranquil that sunday morning was!!!!

You Bombay guys must co-ordinate with us Pune people when you'll plan to drive down to Lonavala for breakfast.......that way we'll meet up half way!!!

Doing something like that.......escaping from the grind, the city..........is therapy in itself......and then there's the driving!!!! Wat more????
Old 11th May 2005, 00:58   #30
BHPian

Coorg.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
Hi Rudra,

I was about to ask you why you didn't call me, but then you probably knew I was away.

Let's see, what was I doing during that exact time. I was sitting in the porch and enjoying my coffee looking over this view
Oh, did I mention I was in the middle of a 1000 acre coffee estate...

Then I went for a long in the Baleno on this road

BTW, now I am back in Bangalore.

I just took one look at the thumbnails and knew it was Coorg........I love the place........We drove down there from B'lore when i was there in march........i didn't want to leave at the end of the holiday!!!!

Coffee on the porch.........did that!!!!
Drove down those roads........that too!!!

Beautiful place!!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks