Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2009, 12:57   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
I would say justice delayed is justice not served at all. U should have done what you could have done then.

Also next time, u want to react to something, Just do it right then and there.

And what was that about a Wagon R not catching up with an innova. A wagon R can EASILY EASILY catch up with an innova.
Humyum,

Least said, I had elders, if someone is going to risk his life for thrills, Its definitely not me, I am on the plus of side of 35 imagine the age of my elders

Such drivers will always have a pattern of driving in a manner like he/she did. It wont go unnoticed.
Old 19th March 2009, 13:03   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabahmad View Post
Looks like MMMJGM is not going to leave this guy. MH14 BK 5000 beware.

Respected Sir let us know what you will do to this guy when you find him?
(All in good sense of Humor, please dont take it personally).
Are you the driver of that white Innova ?
Old 19th March 2009, 13:10   #18
BHPian

Yes i have a small Innova aka WagonR.
Old 19th March 2009, 13:22   #19
BANNED

It might go like this:
mmmjgm: On 03/17, you were tailgating me on expressway at 100Kmph
Other guy: Was I on expressway on that day. Tuesday? oh yes, now I remember - I was on my way to Pune. Tailgating? I don't remember. Which vehicle? Usually I drive at 150Kmph. Maybe the traffic was less and so 100Kmph. Anyway, I tailgated hundreds of cars, I don't remember which one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shabahmad View Post
Respected Sir let us know what you will do to this guy when you find him?(All in good sense of Humor, please dont take it personally).
Only if Innova doesn't know that Wagon R wants to catch up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
And what was that about a Wagon R not catching up with an innova. A wagon R can EASILY EASILY catch up with an innova.
Old 19th March 2009, 13:35   #20
BHPian

My two paisa worth.

A. The speed limit on the highway is 80kmph. It was not a good idea to drive at 100kmph with elderly people in a small car. The locus of control lies within.
B. Finding this person will not help. The number - 5000 tells that he/she is politically connected. Special numbers are generally taken by such people.

Drive slow. Drive safe.
Old 19th March 2009, 14:28   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dushmish View Post
My two paisa worth.

A. The speed limit on the highway is 80kmph. It was not a good idea to drive at 100kmph with elderly people in a small car. The locus of control lies within.
B. Finding this person will not help. The number - 5000 tells that he/she is politically connected. Special numbers are generally taken by such people.

Drive slow. Drive safe.
Thanks dushmish,

As stated in my original post, I was overtaking a tanker on my right who was doing nearly 80, now naturally there will be moments when overspeeding for short bursts is necessary to overtake.

Re Speed Limit @ 80kmph, there were many cars including politicians, government employees, cops & other agencies who were doing far more than the permissable limit on the expressway, one was a cop in an Indigo, doing far more than 80 in his personal car.

There was a minister doing 120+ in his official car, there were many industrialists, including a BMW X5 in excess of 150kmph.

An audi A6 black in colour doing over 120kmph.

None of these drove like a maniac, i'd rather be in the 2nd or 3rd lane from the divider to be on the safe side.

Finding this person - its not a vendetta or revenge kind of thing, its more to educate that person. I am sure he won't learn so fast, however with a preliminiary inquiry at the toll booth, the consensus was with truckers & bus drivers that this person was a maniac. (the white innova did drive recklessly).

cheers
Old 19th March 2009, 14:39   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjgm View Post
Thanks dushmish,

As stated in my original post, I was overtaking a tanker on my right who was doing nearly 80, now naturally there will be moments when overspeeding for short bursts is necessary to overtake.

Re Speed Limit @ 80kmph, there were many cars including politicians, government employees, cops & other agencies who were doing far more than the permissable limit on the expressway, one was a cop in an Indigo, doing far more than 80 in his personal car.

There was a minister doing 120+ in his official car, there were many industrialists, including a BMW X5 in excess of 150kmph.

An audi A6 black in colour doing over 120kmph.

None of these drove like a maniac, i'd rather be in the 2nd or 3rd lane from the divider to be on the safe side.
Pardon me for what I am going to write, mmmjgm. A list of people (high profile or not) doesn't tell me that the speed limit changes. I do this highway in my Zen and I do it at 80 kmph. If I am in a taxi - Innova, Scorpio, Indigo, etc, I insist it is driven at sub 80 kmph speeds. A burst while overtaking is fine. But I don't remember resorting to such bursts on my drives. I am a conservative driver and thats what all drivers should be. One never knows when a machine can fail you.

I fully agree that the white Innova driver was a maniac.
Old 19th March 2009, 16:54   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Wagon R can never ever catch any Innova.

His emergency could put many in emergency.
1) Think again. Wagon R's F10D can put many cars to shame despite the bad aerodynamics. I have done this on State highway and NE-1. Innova diesel is generally not good over 120 kmph. But Wagon R pulls strong even at 120 kmph. Its peanuts for Wagon R to catch with Diesel Innova and if its petrol Innova, Wagon R can give real tension to Innova.

2) Yes, its true, but I consider that special case. While my maternal grandfather died, dad was driving like maniac and we were also tailgating many people. Some fools tried following us but of no use.
Old 19th March 2009, 17:05   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Wagon R can never ever catch any Innova.
I agree. Innova is way faster.
The issue is that there are too many morons driving them.
Old 19th March 2009, 17:13   #25
Senior - BHPian

DK aka Daddy kool > 67yrs> was tailgating a benz on the pune expressway at 150kph knowing that he doesnt have much steam left in the Safari. Surprising the benz moved aside instead of pulling away.
Im proud of you DK. I know my defects came from.
Old 19th March 2009, 17:27   #26
BHPian

If you are tailgating you are also slipstreaming. You can drive faster and save fuel this way.
Old 19th March 2009, 17:39   #27
Senior - BHPian

OT: Yesterday I was coming back to Chennai from Bangalore, for close to about 60 kms a Corolla, Innova & myself (Wagon R) were doing close to 90kmph overtaking each other, before people pounce me, all the three of us had respect for each other, at any point of time if the guy in front did not have the momentum at no point of time did he try to slow down the guy behind.

And for the entire distance we did not have any close shaves with each other nor were we were rash to other drivers in order to go in front. After a long time I enjoyed driving on a four lane highway.
Old 19th March 2009, 18:04   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
1) Think again. Wagon R's F10D can put many cars to shame despite the bad aerodynamics. I have done this on State highway and NE-1. Innova diesel is generally not good over 120 kmph. But Wagon R pulls strong even at 120 kmph. Its peanuts for Wagon R to catch with Diesel Innova and if its petrol Innova, Wagon R can give real tension to Innova.
+1 to that. On a recent highway drive in a Zen Estilo (it has WagonR's engine I believe), I easily outran an Innova. Don't know if it was Petrol or Diesel though. The moron inside had some problem I guess. Driving in the middle of a 2 lane highway & not giving side after coupla honks and dippers (I don't overtake unless I have a full clear lane). It was only after repeated honking that he moved to left and I guess that was a slap to his ego. This fellow tried tailgaiting me, but I kept the car in 4th till I reached 100 and had developed quite some gap. Cruised at 120 afterwards and never saw that Innova again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by watashi75 View Post
If you are tailgating you are also slipstreaming. You can drive faster and save fuel this way.
But may also end up kissing (if you're lucky) the rear end of the one you're tailgaiting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pypkmsrikanth View Post
OT: Yesterday I was coming back to Chennai from Bangalore, for close to about 60 kms a Corolla, Innova & myself (Wagon R) were doing close to 90kmph overtaking each other, before people pounce me, all the three of us had respect for each other, at any point of time if the guy in front did not have the momentum at no point of time did he try to slow down the guy behind.
That is what we need on our roads, mutual respect and understanding.
Old 19th March 2009, 18:11   #29
BHPian

Reading through the thread, I guess the main problem is just plain ego (my car is faster than yours).

I've seen this a lot on highways.
Merc's / BMW's / Alto's / Omni's and what not, its not the car its the nut behind the wheel who has a problem.

I normally let them pass, but as usual after couple of minutes own the road the guy would be stuck behind some truck. Just for fun I'll flash the headlights and 2 small blips on the loud button. (I'm bad I know)

Again the "nut" will try to run like a guy possessed.
IMO never play chicken which guys like that, let them pass and let him find his match. That just might teach him a lesson.
Old 19th March 2009, 18:21   #30
Senior - BHPian

This is absolutely ridiculous and stupid of the innova driver. Tailgating at 100 kmph. He is really made driver. Whatever hurry he was in, one minute waiting would not make any difference. But the rush of adrenaline will make the minds think otherwise.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks