Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2005, 15:15   #1
BHPian

BLR- MG road crash

Was on MG Road late last night. Kumble circle, 2 cars crashed into each other pretty bad. Passed the spot maybe 5min after it happened. Huge crowd had collected and I had guests in my car so couldnt go and see details. Today's Blr TOI has a pic but no details. Hope it wasnt any of our drag buddies & hope no casualties. Injuries must have happened for certain.

Does anybody else have more details?
Old 1st June 2005, 12:17   #2
Senior - BHPian

nop none of our groups.... was a case of jumping a signal... was between an elantra and opel, the elantra's airbags were out and the front totally smashed.... the opel too suffered similar probs.... these guys overshot the signal and rammed each other in diagonal directions... dumb guys....
Old 1st June 2005, 12:17   #3
BANNED

Thats sad to know. Which cars were they any idea nitinbhag??

Dom any causalties..

Last edited by Montoya : 1st June 2005 at 12:20.
Old 1st June 2005, 12:47   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domnic
was between an elantra and opel, the elantra's airbags were out and the front totally smashed.... the opel too suffered similar probs
Montoya- that should asnwer your question i guess
Old 1st June 2005, 14:18   #5
BHPian

Yeah people disrespecting signals and racing down after 10pm is a serious issue.

even if you have the green light, there may be some moron coming down at 100kmph perpendicular to you and jumping the signal.... scarey...

the main reason why people do that is because the signal takes too long to change even during non peak hours. EG the signal at MGRoad St Marks road junction during peak hours takes about 2 minutes. HOWEVER, at midnight when there is no traffic if it still takes 2 minutes its rather silly....

is there some way of all us getting together and approaching the authorities on some of the simple things they can do to improve the state of our roads???
Old 1st June 2005, 15:30   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulmd
Yeah people disrespecting signals and racing down after 10pm is a serious issue.

even if you have the green light, there may be some moron coming down at 100kmph perpendicular to you and jumping the signal.... scarey...

the main reason why people do that is because the signal takes too long to change even during non peak hours. EG the signal at MGRoad St Marks road junction during peak hours takes about 2 minutes. HOWEVER, at midnight when there is no traffic if it still takes 2 minutes its rather silly....

is there some way of all us getting together and approaching the authorities on some of the simple things they can do to improve the state of our roads???
I think everyone should just be a little more patient and disciplined thats all , my friend!

its not like we are not going to be able to save the world from calamities if we wait for 2 mins at a signal !
Old 1st June 2005, 15:50   #7
BHPian

[quote=rahulmd]
QUOTE]
Actually it takes 160 secs phew a long time.......
I count my self lucky when I don't get caught by that signal.
Old 1st June 2005, 15:56   #8
BHPian

Was just saying the same thing to my girl this morning when I was waiting in the same signal this morning and there was not a soul in sight... But then even if i am following the signal, someone else can ram into me. Better stop look in all possible directions and proceed slowly.
Old 1st June 2005, 17:30   #9
Senior - BHPian

I guess that signals in Chennai wont work after midnight till early morning (just the yellow will keep on blinking).

On the same note:

I have been to Khiviraj motors, Adayar this evening. Need to take a right turn at Adayar junction ( from Anna university) for LB road.

I could find that none of the bulbs glow at signal. Stopped the vehicle to search whether any cop is there to attend the vehicles. Could not find one.

It struck my mind, the signals are not working and even cops were absconding. I waited till the traffic flow gets stopped from the LB road and took the turn. The vehicles from the LB road stopped to give way.

I was really surprised to see public managing themselves without the signal and cops at the peak time. On my return after 15 mins, I could see both signal and cops working to regulate the traffic

Last edited by Surprise : 1st June 2005 at 17:39.
Old 1st June 2005, 22:37   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise
I was really surprised to see public managing themselves without the signal and cops at the peak time. On my return after 15 mins, I could see both signal and cops working to regulate the traffic

WOW... now THAT is a sight... i didn't know people did that... hehe... good to know!!

The signal in question at Bamgalore (MG / St. Marks) is quite a pain - they should just get it to nglow yellow after 10 or so...
Old 2nd June 2005, 11:06   #11
BHPian

[quote=rahulmd]the main reason why people do that is because the signal takes too long to change even during non peak hours. EG the signal at MGRoad St Marks road junction during peak hours takes about 2 minutes. HOWEVER, at midnight when there is no traffic if it still takes 2 minutes its rather silly....
QUOTE]

even if it takes some time, people should not dumb enough to speed into a traffic light whether its green or red.. Sense and patience on the drivers' part will solve most of these things..

In Japan, after my late night binges :-), the cabbie used to patiently wait at a red light with not a soul in sight.. but then again, they are different people..
Old 2nd June 2005, 12:43   #12
Awaiting Email Confirmation

People everywhere are the same
its just that the common sense in some parts of the world are more

If in INDIA people start to practice what they preech then we could have a great new INDIA
Old 2nd June 2005, 14:13   #13
Senior - BHPian

this accident reminds me of the one in the spanish movie named "Amores Perros".

jumping signals might sound smart if cops dont catch u, but its very very dangerous. sometimes, i have passengers who ask me to pass when there's a yellow . i just give them a strong stare. we can never teach these guys.
Old 2nd June 2005, 14:20   #14
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
i have passengers who ask me to pass when there's a yellow . i just give them a strong stare. we can never teach these guys.

Its really irritating when people start honking when the timer is down to 10 seconds, they act like they are in labour pain.

They dont allow poor pedestrians to cross the road in peace also, they keep slowly inching their way forward.

Seriously cops shuld start being strict and start fining those who cross the line before its green and see how people change, 1 year of this stuff and we can see the difference
Old 2nd June 2005, 16:30   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCARLET
Its really irritating when people start honking when the timer is down to 10 seconds, they act like they are in labour pain.

The other really irritating thing is when you are waiting at a junction for a left turn. the assumption of most people is that its always a free left and the honking never stops!!! If its always a free left, when will pedestrians cross???

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks