Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2009, 12:07   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
If you do this quite often than not some call center cab driver will get pissed and the chase is on. Then they will honk you to death even in an jammed toll plaza In Delhi the expensive cars are bullied in the traffic not the other way round. They know its useless to get involved in the road rage.
Well, i forgot to tell that the moving ahead and bullying those who bully me is only done when am in my beast, the white Scorpio
I go less on NH8 but daily travel is towards south delhi only. When am in my Linea, instead of enjoying my drive my whole concentration is on saving my car from bikers, call centre cabs and private buses because if anyone bangs my car from these 3 i would be helpless. Noone irritates white or black Scorpio because its an assumption that this car in this color is with Jaats ", added a black film and the assumption has turned to belief now.

The attitude of others is different when am in Scorpio, noone dares to come near, maybe thats why i drive Scorpio more than Linea in city.
The situation in delhi is too bad, people keep hockey sticks at back, i have myself seen 2 guys throwing bricks at each other because a Santro banged a Sx4 near Lajpat nagar.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 21st September 2009 at 12:09.
Old 22nd September 2009, 16:50   #32
BHPian

India as a country is pathetic when it comes to showing road sense and road rage. I absolutely hate driving here.

But the same aggression is not translated into India as a nation, you know what I mean?
Old 24th September 2009, 14:13   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archish View Post
Any ladies? comments?
Yup.. the one behind the wheel of the Octavia is a nut, whether it is a girl, guy or something in between

I am not sticking up for ladies here but such nut cases are not limited to ladies only. I have seen some morons on 2 wheelers cutting right in front of BMTC buses while taking their small kids to school. I say they should be . They can end their stupid lives anyway they want but they dont have any right to put their kid's life in danger...
Old 24th September 2009, 15:02   #34
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pallavi View Post
Yup.. the one behind the wheel of the Octavia is a nut, whether it is a girl, guy or something in between
+1. Its just that if its a girl at the wheel the testosterone levels tend to grow exponentially for the male being bullied.

Replace the lady with a moustached 100+ kilos male and we wouldn't have had this topic.
Old 24th September 2009, 15:25   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
+1. Its just that if its a girl at the wheel the testosterone levels tend to grow exponentially for the male being bullied.

Replace the lady with a moustached 100+ kilos male and we wouldn't have had this topic.
I was annoyed at the driver of the car before i knew it was girl. Pls read my first post. I knew it was a girl for the last 10 kms. I was being troubled by the driver for more than 100 kms.
Old 24th September 2009, 19:05   #36
Team-BHP Support

I have only one rule for all this.

Who ever wants to overtake me on a highway, I allow him/her to go.
I have no issues idling along at 70/80 where others zip past me at 100-120.

It also gives me a good mileage !
Old 24th September 2009, 19:55   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I have only one rule for all this.

Who ever wants to overtake me on a highway, I allow him/her to go.
I have no issues idling along at 70/80 where others zip past me at 100-120.

It also gives me a good mileage !
I am with you on this mate ! Its not old age, but just basic common sense. No point in stirring up a road rage or to show off who is the fastest ( i would suggest a 100m sprint for that lol )! For the race, there is always the track !

cheers
Old 24th September 2009, 20:27   #38
Team-BHP Support

Only point I don't understand is that most folks (gents and ladies) do not like giving way to others. May it be city or highway. It is difficult to fathom if it is sheer ego or negligence or ignorance.

The other problem is :

People in their driving classes are not taught what are dippers for? I thought only taxi cabs have this issue, but not so. Even the so called cognoscenti follow this (mal)practice.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks