Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2009, 16:23   #16
BHPian

So sad to hear about your loss Manish, but the police is right when they say that if the car is out of Maharashtra then they will be helpless. I learnt from a friend of mine who was posted in the North East that most of the cars there are the ones which have been stolen from rest of the parts of India.
No words can console you mate. file your FIR and try to get the FR from the police as earluy as possible. that will help you in getting the claim at the earliest.
Old 16th December 2009, 18:02   #17
BANNED

is this 9th rd in juhu scheme or juhu gulmohar ?
Old 16th December 2009, 20:20   #18
Senior - BHPian

Dear Manish,

Really sad to get to know your status, feel very sorry. I understand the car is all part of a family, will pray that you get right money from the insurance company. But mainly will pray that you get over this shock of car -loss.
Old 16th December 2009, 21:20   #19
BHPian

Sad to hear the story...
+1. Try to add your car details here.
Stolen Vehicles-How We Works
Old 16th December 2009, 21:49   #20
BHPian

Jesal- This is the 9th road in JUHU( NOT GULMOHAR ) . NS ROAD NO 9.
Arindam - I will add my car on the website.
Old 16th December 2009, 21:58   #21
Senior - BHPian

Was it recently given for service? Anyone else (driver) used to drive the car?
Old 16th December 2009, 22:02   #22
BHPian

More than the insurance claim, the filed FIR will save you from probable hassles if the stolen car is used for any sort of criminal activities. I don't understand why they didn't give you a copy of it. After all, it is First Information Report.
Old 17th December 2009, 01:39   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishkapadia View Post
Jesal- This is the 9th road in JUHU( NOT GULMOHAR ) . NS ROAD NO 9.
Arindam - I will add my car on the website.
i stay on the 6th road. you have me thinking now. the police station is 3 lanes down on 6th road itself. its funny how it got knicked. where do you stay, you keep the car out on the road ?
Old 17th December 2009, 13:47   #24
BHPian

As said i normally do not keep car on road. However since the building compound has repair work going we had car on the road.
Old 17th December 2009, 18:31   #25
BHPian

Clevermax - It was given for service but that was 2 months ago. I get it serviced only at Hyundai Auth Service centre ( EXCEL JVPD )
We dont have drivers , cars are self driven . Generally i even self park my car at malls instead of Valets .

But have used valet service very recently at 2 reputed hotels- Landsend Taj (Bandra ) and Grand Maratha ( Near International Airport ) . Do not know if some duplication could have happened there or not .

One thing i have not mentioned here - The Vehicle Registration number as seen on number plate has been Etched on all the windows and Windshield (Also Dont know how much that would help though )

Manish
Old 17th December 2009, 19:54   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishkapadia View Post
Clevermax - It was given for service but that was 2 months ago. I get it serviced only at Hyundai Auth Service centre ( EXCEL JVPD )
We dont have drivers , cars are self driven . Generally i even self park my car at malls instead of Valets .

But have used valet service very recently at 2 reputed hotels- Landsend Taj (Bandra ) and Grand Maratha ( Near International Airport ) . Do not know if some duplication could have happened there or not .

One thing i have not mentioned here - The Vehicle Registration number as seen on number plate has been Etched on all the windows and Windshield (Also Dont know how much that would help though )Manish
Its already 24 hours perhaps since the car theft occurred.Did you get the FIR registered? If not,please go with a criminal lawyer to the police station and tell them to register the FIR. It is mandatory and the police cannot refuse to file FIR under any circumstances. They usually do so to avoid piling up of more cases, which in turn reflects upon their performance (law and order in the jurisdiction).
If they refuse to file a FIR you can file a criminal case in the competent District Court of the Judicial Magistrate First Class, using the services of the same criminal lawyer.The court will give notice to the Police and decide the date of admission hearing. The judge may be requested by your lawyer to pass an interim order on such date directing the police to register the FIR.
Old 17th December 2009, 22:01   #27
BHPian

Sorry to hear about the theft. In addition to police and insurance inform the RTO also in writing.

I have heard that it is normal practice by the police to delay the FIR by a day. The reasons cited are
1. The car could have been taken by recovery agents.
2. If a stolen vehicle could be traced , it has to happen with 12 - 24 hrs beyond which the chances are remote. So they try to trace without FIR and hand over to you if traced.
Old 17th December 2009, 22:09   #28
BHPian

So Sorry dear for your loss. Hope you get your car soon. please update about the FIR status.
Old 18th December 2009, 02:27   #29
BHPian

Hello All,

Sorry for late reply. I have got
1) Acknowledgement of my complaint ( with the Police Diary complain number)
2) Copy of FIR ( As per police this is done 24 hours after entry in diary )

Have filed a claim with Iffco Tokio . I am told that their guy would also pay me a visit in next 2 days.

As of now i am not exactly optimistic about getting car back . The highest chance is in 24 hours .

Next i have to wait for 1-2 months after which the police will be able to give final report.

Meanwhile i am also writing to the RTO where vehicle was registered saying that the same has been stolen and they should do a STOP TRANSFER for the same. Though i dont think any thief will be stupid enough to go to same RTO , but no harm in doing so.

By any chance any of you are aware if all rto offices in the country are centrally linked , that is to say if info about stolen Engine and Chassis number is available in MH state , will it be available also in say AP, GJ , MP etc .

Few people have told me that it would be in my best interests if car is not found , because if found it would be highly tampered and missing many parts . She having been used for anti social activity would make even worse.

Lets see how it goes . Thanks to all for their wishes.
Old 18th December 2009, 09:46   #30
Senior - BHPian

Hey Manish thats awefully sad man. Hope you find your vehicle intact.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks