Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2010, 18:09   #1
BHPian

My car hit by a maniac on a 2 wheeler

dear friends,

i want to mention a horrying experience that i had yesterday.
I left my office yesterday at around 7pm and took the double road route to Jayanagar ( Bangalore ).
Just after i crossed the signal near Mallige hospital in siddapura i was moving on the extreme right lane and there was one more 4 wheeler to my left.
just out of nowhere 2 guys on Kinetic Honda without even wearing helmet just squeezed theier vehicle in the bike and were driving recklessly causing a lot of panic to me as well as the driver of the other 4 wheeler and finally i heard a thud sound these guys overtook and went ahead.

i had a colleague sitting next to me and he was trying to pacify me and to let go, but i am not that type and i went ahead and blocked them towards the left side and forcing them to stop but suddennly they again escaped and i again chased them and this time i cornered them to my right leaving no room for them to escape.( since i was ahead when signal turned green there was no vehicle behind me for atleast 10 cars length).

i put the hazard lights and got down and asked this guy to swicth off his vehicle and he was not listening and hence i forcibly took his key and then went onto the left side of my car(Type 1 maruti esteem) to inspect the damages. The wheel cap had fallen off and the bearing protection cap also was missing from my front left wheel. There was a scratch on the plastic Bumper. all the while me and my colleague were scolding them for driving recklessly and banging my car but those 2 guys came out one lame excuse that they were going to some hospital and were in a hurry(Fake excuse). Meantime a lot of local people gathered and it was a slum kind of area and i really controlled myself from getting into any fist fights and i warned that guy and let him off. now i the damage maybe small but it could have been worse and just in case if those guys had fallen off from the 2 wheeler then all the blame would have come on me.

stupid people on roads who go fast for stunts and cause trouble to others

cant someone catch hold of these regular offenders and teach them some lesson to remember.

Now all your opinions please.
what should i have done, or not done.

In this adrenalin rush i dint even take down the reg no of that vehicle.
Old 3rd March 2010, 18:17   #2
Senior - BHPian

Good thing you didn't lose your temper and get into a fight. That helps no one because if you win the fight, the guy may file a case and if you lose the fight, you go home miserable.
Old 3rd March 2010, 18:30   #3
BHPian

You did the best thing by not loosing your cool. Such idiots are found in each and every corner. Agree with Mclaren here, things will only get worse in fights .

Drive safe.

Last edited by mnhegde : 3rd March 2010 at 18:32.
Old 3rd March 2010, 18:39   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnhegde View Post
You did the best thing by not loosing your cool. Such idiots are found in each and every corner. Agree with Mclaren here, things will only get worse in fights .

Drive safe.

In daily Bangalore's bumper traffic if you start fighting with these maniacs, then we will be atleast a hour late to our destination. These idiots will never learn lesson & its waste of time. Most of the times even police men are blind to these things & god only should them.
Old 3rd March 2010, 18:42   #5
Senior - BHPian

Title of this thread is misleading.
They didn't attack you or your car, it was a case of hit and run, but you later managed to catch the guys who hit your car.
Old 3rd March 2010, 20:53   #6
Senior - BHPian

You definitely did the right thing to warn them and let them go rather than engaging in a fist fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Title of this thread is misleading.
They didn't attack you or your car, it was a case of hit and run, but you later managed to catch the guys who hit your car.
+1.. the title is really misleading. Guess you better change it to something more appropriate to the event.
Old 3rd March 2010, 20:57   #7
Senior - BHPian

MODS: Please alter the title of this thread, since it wasn't a case of the car being 'attacked'.

Mohan, as mentioned by others, you did well in keeping your cool.It may or may not have been a good idea to confront those guys, as who knows what they would have had on their person. None-the-less, if you ever get into a situation like this where you are close to slums, be very cautious.For all you know,it might be some sort of racket set up to fleece unsuspecting commuters.
Looking at the way things are, I feel the best thing to so is build a cage around each and every vehicle that plies on B'lore streets. Crash boom bang, and your car would still be free of scratches! God save us all!
Old 3rd March 2010, 22:13   #8
BHPian

thanks to everyone for your feedback.
the title has been suitably rephrased by mods.(Thanks to them)

i only wish our roads become more safer and the commuters become more
disciplined and courteous.
Old 4th March 2010, 12:46   #9
BHPian

Never corner a two wheeler with a car, because in this chase, if the two wheeler gets sandwitched by our car or any other bigger vehicle later looses balance and hits the road can change the section of provision of motor accidents, union of India. Never attempt a deliberate chase.
Old 4th March 2010, 14:10   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvmohankumar View Post
colleague sitting next to me and he was trying to pacify me and to let go, but i am not that type and i went ahead and blocked them towards the left side and forcing them to stop but suddennly they again escaped and i again chased them and this time i cornered them to my right leaving no room for them to escape.
Very dangerous. What were you thinking man? You couldn't possibly hope to get any money out of them for repair. Not could you be trying to teach them a lesson! Anybody who's lived in cities would know how futile that effort is.

Just imagine what would have happened if those two morons had fallen off their vehicle during your "chase"? That too in their home turf? Who do you think the mob would have supported? Local two wheeler guys who claim to be going to the hospital or an outsider in a big car? Really! is it worth risking yourself and your prized possession (read your car) for a bunch of losers? You were lucky they didn't twist the tale and say that you hit them - happens all the time.

Most pragmatic response is to move on and then curse them to your heart's content. After all the stakes are much higher for us to get into altercations with such scum.
Old 4th March 2010, 14:26   #11
BHPian

You tought good lessen to them. Same thing happen to me in Nagpur, when 2 boys on 2 wheeler take imidiate right turn without giving any king of signal and hit the left corner of my Palio, when I was driving extream right near road divider. I jammed my break but they were keep going like nohting happen.. than I followed tham i shouted.. but no use they were ignoring me.. finally I loose my temper and put the car in 2nd gear.. and i was just 5-10 inch behind them.. and roaring my car.. then they got scared and increased the speed.. i also continue follwing them.. it was nice open strech.. on Nagpur-Amravati road.. finally they came to extream left lane..i also went behind them.. finally they went out of road.. i was happy to teach them lesson..
Old 4th March 2010, 15:45   #12
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
Same thing happen to me in Nagpur, when 2 boys on 2 wheeler take imidiate right turn without giving any king of signal and hit the left corner of my Palio, when I was driving extream right near road divider. I jammed my break but they were keep going like nohting happen.. than I followed tham i shouted.. but no use they were ignoring me.. finally I loose my temper and put the car in 2nd gear.. and i was just 5-10 inch behind them.. and roaring my car.. then they got scared and increased the speed.. i also continue follwing them.. it was nice open strech.. on Nagpur-Amravati road.. finally they came to extream left lane..i also went behind them.. finally they went out of road.. i was happy to teach them lesson..
You almost killed them there pal. 5 - 10 inch behind them? pushed out of the road?
That's really frightening. Thank god they didn't lose control and come under the wheels of any other vehicle or fall or anything like that.
Old 4th March 2010, 16:03   #13
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore is going to dogs day by day. It's impossible to drive now. The other day (around 10-12 days back) I was driving to Ghati Subramanya temple, at the 1st level crossing en route a guy on a bike squeezed from the left, hit my left bumper and sped away. I didn't even have time to note down that moron's number. End result- a fully damaged bumper on a 20-21 day old car. Cost of bumper with paint, labour etc etc 7-7.5k
Old 4th March 2010, 16:21   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Bangalore is going to dogs day by day. It's impossible to drive now. The other day (around 10-12 days back) I was driving to Ghati Subramanya temple, at the 1st level crossing en route a guy on a bike squeezed from the left, hit my left bumper and sped away. I didn't even have time to note down that moron's number. End result- a fully damaged bumper on a 20-21 day old car. Cost of bumper with paint, labour etc etc 7-7.5k
Totally agree with you. If the car and i come back safe from a peak hour drive on Bangalore roads i'd feel very proud of it for the rest of the day
Old 4th March 2010, 16:22   #15
BHPian

With so many vehicles being sold everyday and salesmen targetting all types of customers, we are bound to find such maniacs at every nook and corner. But the point is we need to maintain our calm at all times. Think what the law needs and act accordingly. Note down the registration number, call up the nearest traffic point. Else go in for a settlement if the other fellows are ready to settle that is.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks