Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2010, 21:41   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
MOST IMPORTANTLY, this driver is NOT my employee. he is my brother's company driver. so, i just cannot pay the qualis guy directly from my pocket nor can i use my company account to pay. yes, the car is mine & that is why i asked the qualis guy to talk to the driver itself because he knows HIS company's rules better & what needs to be done in such a situation. maybe if we need to pay, its my brother's company who will pay & that driver will have to call his boss to come to a conclusion.
This is getting more confused. Why was your brother's company driver driving your car? Is your brother owner of the company or an employee? If your brother is an employee of the company & the company has provided him a driver, how can you use the driver for your personal use?

I am not sure if your brother's company has provided a driver for your brother's entire family, then what you did is perfect.

To all fellow Bhpians, don't jump to conclusion and bash him up. What would have happened if the driver was driving the car alone without the owner sitting inside? The Qualis guy would have negotiated with the driver itself to settle the matter, right?
Old 3rd April 2010, 21:44   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
to the qualis driver if you are reading this-
"Buddy, i am very sorry for the damage caused to your car. even though i was not the one driving, i am still half responsible for letting such a man drive the car. he is a experienced guy & has been working with us for the past 7 years. he drives an alto & he has never had a major accident. but anyways, now the damage is done. so, no point in giving explanations. even i am very upset as i am always very careful with my car & because of this driver, my car has a damaged footstep now. my sincere apologies to you. after you left, it was me who drove the car all the way to byculla & back. i wont let him touch my car now, i promise."

You were fully responsible as the damage was caused by the driver employed/ allowed to drive by you using your vehicle. The other guy is a nice fellow. Atleast you should have offered to pay for the damages!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BomBatt View Post
To all fellow Bhpians, don't jump to conclusion and bash him up. What would have happened if the driver was driving the car alone without the owner sitting inside? The Qualis guy would have negotiated with the driver itself to settle the matter, right?
That is not correct. The fleet owner is held responsible if a driver causes an accident. That is a major headache involved in employing drivers who do not care much for other vehicles and is interested in doing maximum trips. It is another case that people do not go through the pain of legal hassle for minor scratches and dents.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 3rd April 2010 at 21:52.
Old 3rd April 2010, 21:47   #33
BHPian

Lets cool things down here. Before this thing turns ugly, we better put a stop to it.

Now, I know raj very well. Of what he has told me, and I think, he forgot to mention here, raj offered his card and asked to contact him. The QG, well, refused. If a guy isn't interested in getting compensation, do you beg him to keep the money?

I don't find any fault on Raj's part. It is not that he couldn't pay or was getting away from the issue by blaming it on the driver. He just wanted to settle it officially considering that it is the company and not him who is the employer. The driver is answerable to the company. If raj pays up, he will be questioned as to why he did so.

@BomBatt
Of what I know, his brother owns the company and isn't an employee. Raj, isn't an employee and therefore is nowhere at fault here.

@All: Don't jump to conclusions. Please go through the entire thread before posting..

Cheers..
Old 3rd April 2010, 22:00   #34
Senior - BHPian

thanks a lot bombatt for atleast asking me what exactly the situation is & most importantly, reading through the entire thread.

i'll patiently answer your questions:

Q> Why was your brother's company driver driving your car?
A> I have a swollen left ankle & i am unable to drive. my company's only available driver was on leave, hence i had to take this guy with me.

Q> Is your brother owner of the company or an employee?
A> my brother is the owner of the company & this driver is his company's staff. so i cannot directly take actions without asking my brother who is unfortunately out of town. so the driver has to talk to the accountant or any other staff from my brother's company. hence, i cannot do anything unless & until i am told to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BomBatt View Post
thanks for taking the effort to understand my situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
Lets cool things down here. Before this thing turns ugly, we better put a stop to it.

Now, I know raj very well. Of what he has told me, and I think, he forgot to mention here, raj offered his card and asked to contact him. The QG, well, refused. If a guy isn't interested in getting compensation, do you beg him to keep the money?

I don't find any fault on Raj's part. It is not that he couldn't pay or was getting away from the issue by blaming it on the driver. He just wanted to settle it officially considering that it is the company and not him who is the employer. The driver is answerable to the company. If raj pays up, he will be questioned as to why he did so.

@BomBatt
Of what I know, his brother owns the company and isn't an employee. Raj, isn't an employee and therefore is nowhere at fault here.

@All: Don't jump to conclusions. Please go through the entire thread before posting..

Cheers..
thanks for clarifying buddy. i hope you did what i could not.

of what i have learnt, its really tough to convince members in T-BHP even if you have a genuine problem.
Old 3rd April 2010, 22:02   #35
Senior - BHPian

Sorry if this offends you, and I am not saying this is the only "right" thing to do, but if I was in your place I would have explicitly offered to pay the damages, paid him, and told that driver not to touch my car anymore, not even for getting it fixed.
Old 3rd April 2010, 22:16   #36
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

According to me, Raj was wrong in his part.
@Raj- Whoever was driving the car is not a question, neither this is important that the driver was your brother's employee. But the thing is you could have been a bit generous and offered the QG driver for compensation. Everybody in TBHP is passionate about cars and such incidents happen frequently with all of us, so I understand your comments (ofcourse after reading the whole thread), but still I feel it was your responsiblity to be kind to the QG and offer help instead of asking him to settle the scores with a driver.
Just my 2 cents. No offence to anybody's view.

Last edited by //M : 3rd April 2010 at 22:18.
Old 3rd April 2010, 22:26   #37
Senior - BHPian

i think the title of the thread should be "T-BHP saved me", lol

Raj, find out about the Qualis guy and pay him for damages rather than blaming it on driver and this company drama etc etc, be a sensible man.

even if some company will pay, then you have to facilitate all this, as its not qualis guy's fault, and he was just being a gentleman, so you too reciprocate the same gesture.

rest is upto you and you can argue for few more pages here but lets be sensible.
Old 3rd April 2010, 22:41   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
@Raj- Whoever was driving the car is not a question, neither this is important that the driver was your brother's employee. But the thing is you could have been a bit generous and offered the QG driver for compensation. Everybody in TBHP is passionate about cars and such incidents happen frequently with all of us, so I understand your comments (ofcourse after reading the whole thread), but still I feel it was your responsiblity to be kind to the QG and offer help instead of asking him to settle the scores with a driver.
+1 Agree with that. Raj you could have been gentleman and offered to pay for damages. QG was certainly not at fault. After all It was your car which reversed and damaged QG and your driver (does not matter who his legal employer id) was driving your car (I presume you had requested/directed him to drive.... he certainly did not force himself to drive your car).

QG guy - If you are reading - It was nice of you to be kind to the poor driver who drives for living and not for Love.
Old 3rd April 2010, 22:48   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
no offence taken buddy.

i dint ask him to settle scores with the driver & leave him at that. instead i asked him & my driver to talk & come to a mutual conclusion. its only then i could have done something, dont you think so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
i think the title of the thread should be "T-BHP saved me", lol

Raj, find out about the Qualis guy and pay him for damages rather than blaming it on driver and this company drama etc etc, be a sensible man.

even if some company will pay, then you have to facilitate all this, as its not qualis guy's fault, and he was just being a gentleman, so you too reciprocate the same gesture.

rest is upto you and you can argue for few more pages here but lets be sensible.
please read post # 33.

i am trying my best not to argue now!
Old 3rd April 2010, 22:57   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
my brother is the owner of the company & this driver is his company's staff. so i cannot directly take actions without asking my brother who is unfortunately out of town. so the driver has to talk to the accountant or any other staff from my brother's company. hence, i cannot do anything unless & until i am told to do so.
Raj, it looks like you are missing the point; Since you used this driver for your personal work, in your own car, accountants from your brother's company having to pay up doesn't arise. What many people are suggesting is that you should have paid for the damages from your OWN pocket.
Old 3rd April 2010, 22:58   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004
but not offering money cannot be counted as my mistake as i just cannot pay him money from my pocket. its my brother's company who will pay up & that is the reason i asked him to talk to the driver.
Well, this is how it works in my world. if i take my company driver to drive my vehicle then all responsibility falls on me and if i take the company car driven by the company driver then i step out and watch or give my company address/ph.no.

Again, its not about money... its about how better you could have acknowledged his perfect gentleman action or helped him to get his car repaired. After all, it really needs a big heart to walk away when your car is damaged for no mistake of yours.

Anyway... your main objective has gone in the air and this has become the hot topic. All you can do is leave it alone and wait for people to ease out.
Old 3rd April 2010, 22:59   #42
BHPian

leave it guys...it is over now...
Old 3rd April 2010, 23:00   #43
Senior - BHPian

Guys, Whatever happened = Past Tense.

No one is a saint here, No point stressing on 'should have done this and should have done that'. Raj deemed what he thought was sense then.

No one here would have gone ahead with pressuring the guy if the Qualis guy was okay with not being paid.
Old 3rd April 2010, 23:08   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post

No one is a saint here, No point stressing on 'should have done this and should have done that'. Raj deemed what he thought was sense then.

No one here would have gone ahead with pressuring the guy if the Qualis guy was okay with not being paid.

+1 well said. If you think you did right thing then just chill and disengage... people will find this thread after years and still comment on it...
Old 3rd April 2010, 23:12   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Raj, it looks like you are missing the point; Since you used this driver for your personal work, in your own car, accountants from your brother's company having to pay up doesn't arise. What many people are suggesting is that you should have paid for the damages from your OWN pocket.
well well, even my car is my company owned, so does that add to the confusion?

so, if i wish to pay, i will have to pay from my company's account which is not feasible in this case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassics45 View Post
Well, this is how it works in my world. if i take my company driver to drive my vehicle then all responsibility falls on me and if i take the company car driven by the company driver then i step out and watch or give my company address/ph.no.

Again, its not about money... its about how better you could have acknowledged his perfect gentleman action or helped him to get his car repaired. After all, it really needs a big heart to walk away when your car is damaged for no mistake of yours.
very true. what you said is right & i could have helped him get his car repaired. but thats only if he talks to the driver whether he wants to claim insurance or he will accept cash on mutual understanding or whether he has some other plans.

Quote:
Anyway... your main objective has gone in the air and this has become the hot topic. All you can do is leave it alone and wait for people to ease out.
thats exactly what i plan to do now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post

surprisingly, T-BHPians want me to beg/plead/pressurize the QG to accept money from me. i really would like to see how many so called saints would do that in real life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassics45 View Post
+1 well said. If you think you did right thing then just chill and disengage... people will find this thread after years and still comment on it...
after all these comments, i am really confused whether what i did was right? if i was wrong, what i could probably have done in that situation.

anyways, i will ask the Mods to delete this thread to avoid further conspiracies.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 3rd April 2010 at 23:14.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks