Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2010, 13:54   #16
BHPian

Sold my Maruti Zen to my bhua(aunt). So get to see the car whenever I visit my native place. Nice to know that my uncle and cousin bro are maintaining the car well.

Saw my thunderbird once on the road with some modifications done. Felt good that its in hand of someone who is equally passionate about it.
Old 12th April 2010, 14:40   #17
Senior - BHPian

Owned several cars over the years but never got to see them after they were sold off except for my 1999 LX Henna Green Esteem.

Sold it in 2006 after clocking 2+L Kms. Except for a clutch job everything else was original.

Saw it after a few months of being sold. It was standing right in front of me at the Arjangarh Air Force Station signal. A chance look at the number plate made me realise that it was my old faithful. Nostalgia took over. Followed it till the time I had to take a different road. That was it.

No sightings ever after..
Old 13th April 2010, 21:21   #18
Senior - BHPian

I saw my old M800 a few weeks back. Was sorry to see the state it was in, the body had small grainy particles over it as if sawdust accumulated on it. The new owner has stuck several new emblems on the body, specially the rear now has a S (the Suzuki emblem) and also the 800 AC sticker, which kinda spoils the original look. You see, it's a 5-speed MPFI AC model, a rarity.

I also saw the Premier Padmini (the first car I drove, I learnt my driving on it) back in our native village where it is being used by another uncle of ours. Took a small drive in it. This baby has covered more than 1L kms now and the age is now showing in various small parts falling off (such as the door jambs). But I was nostalgic on both occasions. I miss them both.
Old 18th April 2010, 23:02   #19
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Corrected. Thanks

i saw my old M 800 1989 now in a drastic condition.
and zen 1999 now with changed exterior and interior.quite a looker actually

Last edited by GTO : 19th April 2010 at 14:49. Reason: Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.
Old 18th April 2010, 23:12   #20
J.Ravi

I sold my Maruti Suzuki Versa to the person, whose home is located about 2 km from mine. So, I see my previous vehicle whenever I go that side. But, poor Versa is parked in front of his home on the road but fully covered. It enjoyed the comfort of an exclusive garage as long as it was mine.

Old 21st April 2010, 23:38   #21
lsp
BHPian

Never saw my santro again after selling it about 8 months ago. I still try to get a glimpse of the number plates of every silver santro I come across. It's still eluding me but I am positive that one day we both will meet.
Old 15th January 2011, 07:40   #22
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Re: Ever seen the old car you sold off again?

yes in 2006 i spotted my old Gypsy bought in 1997. TSJ 821.
used it between 1997 and 2000. sold it in 2000 in madras.

saw it all tarted up (very tacky job) and lying around at a dealers place in bangalore in 2006. took some photos but the mobile camera was a silly one so those werent very good.
have never seen any of the other cars I ve owned in the past, ever again once they went out of my hands.
posted this on TBHP somewhere - maybe on the gypsy thread.
cheers
Old 2nd July 2012, 15:01   #23
Senior - BHPian

As Goa is a relatively small place, I saw both my previous cars 4-5 times and am sure of seeing them again.
Santro Xing - The new owner has kept it in the same condition I have sold it in. Infact, once I met him and introduced myself and had a little chat.
I have even met the previous owner of the Santro Xing when I was using it.
Ford Fusion - Same as Santro, the owner has kept it in the similar condition, no changes whatsoever (maybe because it is a 5-6 years old car). Haven't spoken to the new owner who I have heard is a bank manager.
Yes, it definitely make me feel good and brings some good memories back.
Old 2nd July 2012, 15:13   #24
Senior - BHPian

I had seen my Omni which I sold in 1999 too often at Kochi for almost two years and since then lost its track.
An M800 which I sold in 2007 was spotted once near Quilon on NH47.
Another M800 which I sold off in 2009 was seen couple of times, at various places.
Old 2nd July 2012, 15:35   #25
BHPian

Saw my sold Swift parked near a bank one day. I had sold it to a used car showroom, so have not met the new owner. Just know his name from the RTO site. Stopped my car and waited there for the new owner to come, but he did not turned up; left a note on the wiper with my number to call me. He promptly called me after few hours. We talked almost 30 minutes and became friends. After few days we even met and shared lot of things about the car.
Old 2nd July 2012, 15:38   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Our first car a 800, was sold in 2003. Till now I have spotted it 5 times at different locations in Bangalore
Old 2nd July 2012, 17:07   #27
BHPian

My brother's first car was an M800, without AC and PS. This was purchased in 99. After few years it was traded off during new vehicle purchase. I spotted that some years ago, in Pune, with the same number and same color. It was still zipping along nicely.

Used to see my Mitsubishi Galant quite frequently after I sold it in the states. Selling to fellow Indian (but different company) living in same area was probably the reason. Once checked, it was with a third owner post my sale! There was a AAA sticker I'd put on the windshield which was the giveaway...
Old 2nd July 2012, 18:55   #28

I had an eclipse (Mitsubishi) when i was in high school and sold it to a good friend of mine upon graduating and going to college. Whenever i go back to the states he used to make it a point to pick me up with the eclipse just for kicks. Sadly, for the last few years i don't remember seeing my ex and first flame. Good memories though, good memories. Now im goign to have to call him up and ask him whatever happened to it.
Old 2nd July 2012, 21:17   #29
BHPian

Sold my first car Esteem Lx in 2007 and then it was resold by the buyer to an agent. I still tend to see the number plate of every white Esteem I see on the road. Such a lovely car, I miss her terribly. If anyone sees a White Esteem KA 02 M 9418, please tell her I said hello.
Old 2nd July 2012, 21:33   #30
BHPian

Yup. Seen a lot of them, in fact.

Saw the gypsy that I learnt to drive on (BLF 2685). We sold that in 1995.

Saw my dad's Merc that I used to sneak out once in a while (MMH 5425). Sold that in 2000.

Saw the Astra that was my pride and joy (MH01 5246).

Saw the Sierra Turbo we sold (MH12 9819)

To be honest the one that my heart yearned for the most was the Astra. I just wanted to drive it one last time.

Sigh.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks