Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2010, 00:24   #1
BHPian

Ever seen the old car you sold off again?

Guys,

I saw two of my old cars in the same week. It was a very nostalgic moment for me. And i couldnt help but feel really sad to see them with somebody else. Never thought seeing the car of your 'teen' and 'tween' years could bring back so many memories and cause a small heartache

1. M800: This was my first car - a hand me down from my mother. I used this to attend all my college tutions. I also had my first flat tire and case of battery failure in this car. It lasted us 14 years (it actually had a imported Japanese Suzuki F8D engine in it)

2. M1000: This was my 3rd car. But probably the most special of them all. I had my first drag, wheelspin and handbrake turn in this car. I stiill remember spending all my years savings on the ICE in this car. It also drove my first girlfriend to all the places that we hung out.

cars can really hold a lot of sentimental value for a person. I hope all the new owners love our cars, as much as we did

Have u ever encountered the cars you sold off?

Last edited by acidkill : 4th April 2010 at 00:36.
Old 4th April 2010, 00:31   #2
BHPian

Yeah its such a strange feeling to see a car you have spent so much time in being driven by someone else, strangely of all the cars i have sold off, only one car i have spotted often. It was my old Hyundai Santro, but i must say it was nice to see the new owner had taken good care of it
Old 4th April 2010, 10:48   #3
BHPian

I happened to see my uncle's Zen that he had sold off to a certain guy parked near my building once.The owner hadn't made much changes to the car, so I noticed it easily to be our old car.A smile lighted up on my face to see the car still in the same condition when it was sold.
Also, everytime, I see a white M800 on the streets, I have a quick glance at the number plate, hoping that someday it will turn out to be our old AP772....
Old 4th April 2010, 10:54   #4
Team-BHP Support

I saw my old Zen once or twice but never after that. Not seen any of my other old cars since
Old 4th April 2010, 10:58   #5
Senior - BHPian

Had seen my first car, a navy blue 800 a couple of times at garage where I used to get it serviced and then ultimately helped sell it. Pretty nostalgic feeling, although I owned the car for around 7-8months. Also a tad disappointing to see it was not being maintained well.
Old 4th April 2010, 11:03   #6
Senior - BHPian

We Had sold our Fiat 1967 Model in year 1989 to buy a new one.
its Reg No was HRK-1080
i saw it after 11 years in 2000,2-3 times
Old 4th April 2010, 19:27   #7
BHPian

Seen my M800 5 Speed on the road a couple of times, makes me smile everytime - whoever drives it is treating her real well - She was always a plain jane (no accessories) while I drove her, but the new owner has done her up in a very subtle yet tasteful manner I'm glad

See my dad's Palio almost every week, as it's been bought by someone in the neighbourhood

Last edited by adisag : 4th April 2010 at 19:44.
Old 5th April 2010, 11:55   #8
BHPian

It is not a car, but, I have seen the Honda Unicron that I sold off last year when I moved on to a RE Electra 350.

It did a great work for me - use to deliver an excellent mileage of 55+ kmpl always. For a moment I felt bad for I had to sell it off. But then, it was still in it's prime condition and was happy for it as the guy who bought it has been continuing the good work of maintaining it well.

Cheers
Old 5th April 2010, 16:38   #9
BHPian

I had a blue UNO Petrol which I sold off. Once I saw the same color vehicle and I though of talking to the person driving that. But when I reached near the vehicle I notice tht only one digit in no plate is diff of than mine :(
i sill look for a Blue Petrol Uno and eager to see my car at least once.
Old 7th April 2010, 17:38   #10
BHPian

Sold my Zen in Gurgaon - live in Hyderabad. Sort of glad - wouldn't like to see it driven by the "new owners"
Old 7th April 2010, 18:11   #11
BHPian

Sold my palio 1.9D to a FIAT fan.
The car is driven in front of my home everyday :-(

Ditto with my Pulsar 180 and Rx-135, 5-speed. Both these beauties were sold to guys near my place.
Old 7th April 2010, 18:39   #12
Senior - BHPian

It may sound awkward but i used to see the FIAT 1100D every month , which my dad sold a long time back, till recently when i got the news that she eventually got scrapped.
Old 7th April 2010, 18:57   #13
Senior - BHPian

After almost seven years, I seen our Eliminator and was very disappointed. Had kept it so well, and its in pathetic condition now.
Old 9th April 2010, 17:03   #14
BHPian

I sold my splendor to a person in Bangalore before moving to Pune. Few months back I make a quick visit to Bangalore I saw by bike driven by the same person, I chased him and spoke to him for a minute, the bike was still in a good condition though. Happy for that...
Old 12th April 2010, 13:12   #15
Senior - BHPian

I had sold my Santro to my office colleague and see it almost daily parked in the office basement a few blocks away from my Ford Fiesta. Its still being maintained in the same good condition which I used to maintain. Am happy that I have sold it to a deserving friend.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks