Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2013, 18:56   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ever seen the old car you sold off again?

I see my old Indica DLG almost every day. This was my first car and was with me for 6 years before I sold it to a colleague of mine and hence I kind of do keep seeing it regularly.
Old 5th June 2013, 19:07   #32
BHPian

Not a car but my old Bajaj Scooter my dad got me, I regretted selling but was forced by my dad to sell and get a motorbike. I saw it once, it was all rusted but was being used by someone. I am trying to locate it buy it back.

Last edited by motorpsycho : 5th June 2013 at 19:21.
Old 5th June 2013, 19:10   #33
BHPian

I sold my modified RE350 to a fellow colleague in Chennai (I worked in a different City) and to my surprise he continued to maintain it with my mech who is a good friend of mine. Felt bad for selling it as I modified it as per my liking but had to sell it due to unavoidable circumstances. Saw it once at my mech's place when I visited him. Havent seen it again. :(
Old 6th June 2013, 14:22   #34
BHPian

Yes. Sold my 7 year old Alto while buying the new Quanto 2 months back. Yesterday saw the Alto and one of the Mahindra A S S Service Advisor brought it. Had good 15 min chat with him.
Old 10th June 2013, 16:18   #35
BHPian

I have spotted my old car in my company's parking lot, irony was I parked right next to it and only in the evening I realised it was my old love giving company to my Ikon. Wish I had stuck with my beloved 800 aka Atom and not gone for the Black Mamba.
Attached Thumbnails
Ever seen the old car you sold off again?-oldie.jpg  

Old 17th March 2018, 14:32   #36
Senior - BHPian

Just two days back, I spotted my old car in Vadodara. I didn't know the owner as the car was sold through a broker. I waited a while to meet the new owner. We met, talked about the car. He was happy with the nice condition of a 13 years old car. I took it as a compliment, clicked a photograph and said goodbye to my(now his) Santro.

Ever seen the old car you sold off again?-santro.jpg
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2018, 13:32   #37
BHPian

Received Traffic violation challan via Sms, stating talking on mobile phone while driving. The challan was sent to my number since RTO had not updated the new owners number. Saw my beauty in the challan picture. Miss the power of the 3lit inline 6 engine. Had to call up the new owner to notify about the violation and pay up.
Old 18th March 2018, 16:35   #38
Team-BHP Support

I see mine over here
http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...nda/City.html/
Old 18th March 2018, 17:14   #39
BHPian

Saw our old M800 5 Speed (Sept 2001 bought) at the family's garage to whom she was sold to. Seeing this car still tugs my heartstrings, so much memories of childhood connected to this wonderful piece of machine. And what hurts the most (other than parting with her) is that the car is in a very sorry condition mechanically. I would have never let her go if I had that much sense back then in 4th standard, 2007
Attached Thumbnails
Ever seen the old car you sold off again?-screenshot_20180318170501007_com.whatsapp.png  

Last edited by Tanveer02 : 18th March 2018 at 17:29.
Tanveer02 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2018, 18:08   #40
BANNED

Most of the cars we have sold are with either friends or relatives or relatives of friends or someone in the close or far circles; hence it's quite often that I spot or drive those cars. In fact many owners still call me before service etc for suggestions.
Old 18th March 2018, 18:15   #41
Senior - BHPian

One of the car I sold is with my relative, two cars were sold to my friends, both of them were involved in accidents causing significant damage. I decided not to sell cars anymore within known circle. Still, Duster came back to me after 2 months with a missing oil cap, I took it to the service center to get it fixed. It is better not to see our old cars if it has not been maintained well.
Old 19th March 2018, 10:10   #42
Senior - BHPian

The only vehicle that I sold off and saw again was a Kinetic Honda that used to belong to my wife. We sold it before we relocated abroad. Upon our return to India some years later, we saw the same scooter being ridden on the road.

Apart from that one incident, never ever saw any car or bike that I had sold again after handing it over to the new owner.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks