Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2010, 21:55   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeevmenon View Post
At times during trip she was saying, I am not HVK and cannot maintain detailed logs, there were some tiffs as well arguing about logs
....and I am going to tell my wife next time, why don't you learn to maintain logs like jeevmenon's wife???
Old 19th September 2010, 22:17   #62
Team-BHP Support

Still the methods of noting down? How about GPS track logs?
Old 19th September 2010, 22:20   #63
BHPian

Hmm. Excessive logging could be harmful as well. No thrills! But I would say it helps in noting down petrol bunks in both directions for sure as we found out last Sunday night as we were heading home. Wifey referred to the log book and looked up a very old log as we were in reserve for the past 30 min. She said we should get an IOC now and viola there it was. However she had also written that it was closed. We thought it would have been closed because we had noted in the wee hours out-bound. However we found it was closed at this late evening hour as well. Maybe it never opened :( Another column to be added to the logs. Open/Closed-in-the-morning/Out-of-service!!
Old 19th September 2010, 22:22   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Still the methods of noting down? How about GPS track logs?
Poor Chennaiite! Let me live. Njaan onnu "Jeev"ich potte!!
Old 19th September 2010, 22:38   #65
BHPian

Some snaps of humps

Apart from logging, here are some snaps of humps by yours-truly.

I am seeing the first two kinds of humps below for the first time. Nice way to protect the underbelly.

Bangalore Mysore highway - Hazards at the humps-bigwall1.jpg

Bangalore Mysore highway - Hazards at the humps-bigwall2.jpg

Bangalore Mysore highway - Hazards at the humps-fiverumblersatadigas.jpg

Bangalore Mysore highway - Hazards at the humps-goldenganeshahump.jpg

Bangalore Mysore highway - Hazards at the humps-ramanagarhump.jpg

Last edited by jeevmenon : 19th September 2010 at 22:41.
Old 20th September 2010, 20:05   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeevmenon View Post
Apart from logging, here are some snaps of humps by yours-truly.
Oh buddy, you should be part of MMI or Satnav or Google mapping division. How comfortable our drives would have been with such kind of info embedded into the software !
Old 30th April 2011, 19:30   #67
MCR
BHPian

Re: Bangalore Mysore highway - Hazards at the humps

This was how Bangalore-Mysore highway was on Thursday evening. Myself and BHPian Hemanth.anand had gone in his Abarth Punto to attend a marriage in Mysore in the evening. Everything was OK till we reached Bidadi. Later on, Phew, let the photographs do the talking. Imagine guessing for humps in such a weather.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore Mysore highway - Hazards at the humps-28042011034.jpg  

Bangalore Mysore highway - Hazards at the humps-28042011035.jpg  

Bangalore Mysore highway - Hazards at the humps-28042011036.jpg  

Bangalore Mysore highway - Hazards at the humps-28042011037.jpg  

Bangalore Mysore highway - Hazards at the humps-28042011038.jpg  

Bangalore Mysore highway - Hazards at the humps-28042011039.jpg  

Bangalore Mysore highway - Hazards at the humps-28042011040.jpg  

Last edited by MCR : 30th April 2011 at 19:37.
Old 1st May 2011, 10:41   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

^^^^Oh man...that was one driving experience. I could hardly see anything.
Imagine driving at 10-15kmph on NICE road. I never imagined that until that evening.

And the pics 3-6...I've seen such weather for the first time.
The dust kicked up by the wind was so fierce..

My 100% concentration was on the road as was needed
Truly a great driving experience.
Old 26th June 2011, 13:34   #69
Senior - BHPian

Folks, I just reached Mysore after three hours, Drive till Channapatna was a misery as usual. Today seems to be bad as there were many marriages on the way. I was hoping atleast the drive after Mandya would be good. But was in for shock as three additional humps have come up. So be ready for some more slow down on the road. I could count eight humps between Mandya and Srirangapatna. Apart from that you have usual speed breakers as well. It took me three hours in my Scorpio today - Nice road kanakapura road junction to Mysore city.
Old 26th June 2011, 15:58   #70
Senior - BHPian

How is the Kanakapura Road ? Does it help in driving with reduced stress ? The Blr-Mysore highway ( is it really a highway ? ? ) is quite stressful to drive these days, and i have found that i can't do this without a break, albeit, its just 150 KM.
Old 26th June 2011, 19:27   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
How is the Kanakapura Road ? Does it help in driving with reduced stress ? The Blr-Mysore highway ( is it really a highway ? ? ) is quite stressful to drive these days, and i have found that i can't do this without a break, albeit, its just 150 KM.
Krishna, I was about to post and I see your question. I came back via Kanakapura and overall took two and half hours from Gopaagowda circle near Mysore palace to Nice road - Kanakapura road junction. The drive was peaceful, no bad drivers trying to squeeze in at speed breakres, trying to overtake from left, right and centre. The road between Mysore - Malavalli is patchy and at some spots they are scrapping and redoing it. The traffic between Mysore - Bannur is more and slow you down. But this is not abig deal as Malavalli and Bangalore is a beautiful drive, good road, good views. However traffic after Kanakapura will pick up - blame of Mekedatu crowd. But this route is better than regular Mysore - Bangalore. Also there are no road humps or speed breakers.

Just to add to my prevous post. I took one hour for Mysore - Malavalli and one and half hour for Malavalli to Nice road/kanakapura road junction. Mods - Pls merge both posts as can't edit as I am using Blackberry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Hi Krishna, I returned back via Kanakapura in the evening. Did not have the courage to take mysore road on Sunday afternoon. Left Gopalagowda cicle - close to palace - at 3 PM and I was in Nice road/Kanakapura road junction at 5.30 PM. Time taken Mysore - Malavalli 1 Hour and Malavalli to Nice road junction 1 1/2 hour. The road between Mysore and Malvalli is patchy and till Bannur have to navigate two wheelers. At some places road is being laid afresh. This slows you down. After Malvalli it is a breeze and more scenic. Anyday better option than main highway for a peaceful drive.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 27th June 2011 at 06:17. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts.
Fauji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2011, 23:58   #72
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Bangalore Mysore via Kanakapura Road - help with directions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
I returned back via Kanakapura in the evening.
Fauji - I have always traveled to Mysore via regular SH17 route (Bangalore-Mysore Highway). Could you let me know the route to Mysore Via Kanakapura - the main towns that it passes through, landmarks where we need to make turns/deviations, etc. Planning to take this route on my next trip sometime soon. Regards NPV
Old 27th June 2011, 06:02   #73
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore Mysore via Kanakapura Road - help with directions

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Fauji - I have always traveled to Mysore via regular SH17 route (Bangalore-Mysore Highway). Could you let me know the route to Mysore Via Kanakapura - the main towns that it passes through, landmarks where we need to make turns/deviations, etc. Planning to take this route on my next trip sometime soon. Regards NPV
NPV, the route is Bangalore - Kanakapura - halagur - Malavalli - Bannur - Mysore. Till Malavalli you will be driving on NH 219. When you reach Malavalli you will hit a TJunction with Nh continuing to Kollegala nd you need to take a right turn to Malavalli town and then take the road to Mysore via Bannur. You can ask any locals in Malavalli for Bannur road and they will direct you. From Malavalli it is one straight road to mysore via bannur. Leave early in the morning and it will be a nice drive.
Fauji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2011, 08:02   #74
J.Ravi

Re: Bangalore Mysore via Kanakapura Road - help with directions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
Till Malavalli you will be driving on NH 219.
It is NH 209 and not NH 219.
  (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks