Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2010, 11:07   #16
BHPian

Sad to hear that Pramod. I can understand that its hurts to see our car in such a shape, however important is the fact that no one was injured in the incident. Damages can be repaired and get the car back on the road at the earliest. that will help you put the event back .

Take care.
Old 7th June 2010, 11:17   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Hey read my posts properly, i have paid more attention to his car than mine, no where did i mention its his fault, your post will now change the entire mood of this thread with people giving me free gyan. sorry for being upfront but i did what i could to help him,
Sorry but that was definitely not my intention.

Quote:
i offered to foot the bill if he had losses, he just said its ok looking at my damage.

Pramod
Good. For both of you. You for offering and him for refusing and not being mean.
Old 7th June 2010, 11:26   #18
BHPian

Sorry to hear that Pramod, good that there were no physical injuries (not even whiplash).
Quote:
I am moving on already, look at the best part, now i might get an evo 4 bumper
Get an Evo X's bumper+grill making it the costliest thing on your ride - other than the folks riding it, of course
Old 7th June 2010, 14:08   #19
BHPian

Tough Luck. Your car looks wicked with the alloys, not to forget the pain you went through to have the tyres fixed. May be its time you got the EVO4 bumper and hence lose its sleeper image. Take care!
Old 7th June 2010, 14:22   #20
Senior - BHPian

Finally, gave the car for repair, the total predicted damage would be 4k(as i am a regular customer). I desided against going for an evo4 bumper, as per now the lowest quote is for 9k, which i will not get an approval for.

Pramod
Old 7th June 2010, 14:28   #21
Senior - BHPian

oh, thats bad to happen that too in the morning..

When your insurer not prepared to give comprehensive insurance, you should have changed to other company (ofcourse the premium should have been more, but still worth if something happens like this?)

The other fellow (Zen) might have the comp insurance hence kept cool or who knows he may not have any insurance coverage at all (incase you call him to Police station for FIR etc, then he could have landed in trouble - So just left like that?!)

Sorry once again.
Old 7th June 2010, 14:55   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

How is it that a Lancer shod with 205 section tyres couldnt stop in time but a Zen with some puny 145 or 155 section tyres could? And you hit him at 30kmph or more to cause such substantial damage to your car. Were you very close to him?

In any case, I feel really bad for you. I know how much it hurts to see your car damaged so soon after you have spent so much time and effort to bring it back on the road.
Old 7th June 2010, 16:13   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
How is it that a Lancer shod with 205 section tyres couldnt stop in time but a Zen with some puny 145 or 155 section tyres could? And you hit him at 30kmph or more to cause such substantial damage to your car. Were you very close to him?

In any case, I feel really bad for you. I know how much it hurts to see your car damaged so soon after you have spent so much time and effort to bring it back on the road.

My Breaks failed, they were like they faded, initilly i thought they got locked but i could feel the car did not stop. I was about 15 ft away, i was distracted for a second because of a pot hole in the road and all of a sudden i see him getting closer, i stood on the breaks but no go, I also asked the service center to check the breaks, one of the front tyres were wrongly rotated, so i was getting a slight right pull, i also asked them to change that. Luckily its just 4k, i have a hair line damage in the radiator, if it was any bigger god only knows how much i must have ended paying

Pramod
Old 7th June 2010, 16:18   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally, gave the car for repair, the total predicted damage would be 4k(as i am a regular customer). I desided against going for an evo4 bumper, as per now the lowest quote is for 9k, which i will not get an approval for.

Pramod
Did you call the guy? Did he quote 9k?
Old 7th June 2010, 16:25   #25
Senior - BHPian

This is really sad a thing! Especially because of your restoration progress in the past few weeks!

When I saw you pass in the opposite direction on the bypass (post accident) I didn't notice any damage at all! Of course it was just a split second, and I could recognize your car only because of the fancy number.

I think I saw both headlamps on when you flashed, or was it just one?
Old 7th June 2010, 16:31   #26
Senior - BHPian

Hey thats really sad to hear Pramod! Especially after you put so much time money and effort on the car. I hope you get her in shape asap!
Old 7th June 2010, 16:33   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was behind a zen and he applied breaks, i did too but still hit the guy i was at about 30Kmph when all this happened, surprisingly on the zen, the rear bumper is pushed inside and that to a little bit. My front bumper is gone, right headlingt and indicators are gone, bonnet got bent in the middle, front grill is gone knowing its a mitsu, i am expecting atleast a 10k bill.
Hey Pramod, I'm surprised to here about the amount of damage on your Lancer and even more surprised with virtually no damage on the Zen!!
Old 7th June 2010, 16:35   #28
Senior - BHPian

^^And thank goodness for that, else it would have opened another chapter apart from the Lancer getting repaired.
Old 7th June 2010, 17:19   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Did you call the guy? Did he quote 9k?
I did call him, He quoted 8.5k for the unfinished bumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
This is really sad a thing! Especially because of your restoration progress in the past few weeks!

When I saw you pass in the opposite direction on the bypass (post accident) I didn't notice any damage at all! Of course it was just a split second, and I could recognize your car only because of the fancy number.

I think I saw both headlamps on when you flashed, or was it just one?
Both the headlamps are fine only the brackets are broken, the grill is broken but at the same place where it was broken earlier, The quote my workshop guy gave me is 4 k, which i feel is reasonable, i was extreamly exited the was kids are on the first day of school, i thought i will meet you and jk and show you guys how hot she looked in those new alloys, but i guess the happines was an extreamly short lived one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Hey thats really sad to hear Pramod! Especially after you put so much time money and effort on the car. I hope you get her in shape asap!
Yeah, she is in right hands, there are some other problems which will attended now, The bumper mount brackets were rusted as they were not painted earlier when they did my car up, so that was like a splinter in my eye, it will be painted this time for sure, bumper had some sctraches which will be fixed now, i had some paint damage on the bonnet because of faulty putty work, so i am happy all these are repainted. my car is becoming like a jeep its getting newer part by part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
Hey Pramod, I'm surprised to here about the amount of damage on your Lancer and even more surprised with virtually no damage on the Zen!!
As prince said lucky, the moment i say my bonnet crumple like a beer can i was like oh god forget my car what would happen to the car in front, then when i saw its a zen my fear doubled, i am sure the chasis must have taken the brunt, my bonnet crumpled due to crumple zones in it and the main damage was to the bumper mounting bracket and the place where the bonnet locks up.

Thanks a lot guys for the support, i have started to feel that there is something seriously wrong with me now, I feeling extreamly possitive about the whole incidence, i am super cool now, despite of the fact that i spent too much money and time on it and still have to spend more to just get her back to shape, shouldn't i be sad .

Pramod

Last edited by pramodkumar : 7th June 2010 at 17:22.
Old 7th June 2010, 17:25   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I feeling extreamly possitive about the whole incidence, i am super cool now, despite of the fact that i spent too much money and time on it and still have to spend more to just get her back to shape, shouldn't i be sad .

Pramod
I think you are suffering from a common disorder known as
Mechanic Shed 'O' Phillia.

Its a feeling of extreme happiness when contemplating spending time in a mechanic shed. Petrol heads look forward to it and its a source of great joy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks