What about a GALS bike then
Old 6th April 2011, 16:36   #17
BANNED

Re: Mistake by me, but big Mistake by a Traffic COP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
What about a GALS bike then
WOW!! dreams what power you hold man..

Amazing, I am lost for words here. VAC, commissioner, island, riding the VAC bike in campus and getting salutes, overwhelming stuff man.

You are a HERO!!

You did the right thing by showing the SI who is the man. These people need to be taught a lesson.

YOU ARE YOU!! We are happy to have such a powerful person like you amidst us.

PS: There now you can show my post to that girl you are trying to hook. She will be impressed. Note: Delete the PS part though.
Old 6th April 2011, 16:46   #18
BHPian

Is that an compliment spitfire pal. If yes, I am overwhelmed. I had no other choice at that stage, but to show my power/influence. And that was the first and last time I had to use it.
Old 6th April 2011, 16:48   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
WOW!! dreams what power you hold man..
YOU ARE YOU!! We are happy to have such a powerful person like you amidst us.
+1000000000000.........

@spitfire, this time, i am definitely with your view.

This story is nothing but law breaker shows power to the arrogant policeman.
I am not sure if the cop showed arrogance in first place but i will give benefit of doubt to thread opener.
Where will India go with such type of incidents?

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 6th April 2011 at 17:05.
Old 6th April 2011, 16:48   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Yawn . in nutshell you got caught for speeding ( OK he did not have speed gun and did a guesstimate) you pulled your connections and the SI was pulled up big deal.
-ditto-

I don't know why but I somehow feel bad for the SI, may be its the tone of the narration (not sure how many can understand what I'm saying).
Old 6th April 2011, 16:50   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had no other choice at that stage, but to show my power/influence. And that was the first and last time I had to use it.
You did have another choice - to swallow your pride, accept your mistake, pay the fine and move on, rather than going through this rigmarole just for the sake of massaging your ego. Ever heard of the adage "Discretion is the better part of valour"? Learn to pick your fights buddy; also, when you do pick one, fight alone, and not with Mummy's help.

Cheers!
Old 6th April 2011, 16:54   #22
BANNED

Quote:
Is that an compliment spitfire pal. If yes, I am overwhelmed. I had no other choice at that stage, but to show my power/influence. And that was the first and last time I had to use it.
No buddy it is not a compliment. It is a remark on our eroding values and principles.

A whole of Vigilance Department gangs up to help a fellow colleagues son for a minor offense. This is a rot brother. And you need to stop such things and not derive a false sense of power and wit by creating such situations.

@AshishPallod: Bhau, tumhi avda manlat aamala techa far qavtuk vatla. Translated: Brother you acknowledged my post, I am really happy.
Old 6th April 2011, 17:04   #23
BHPian

Whatever may be the case people, even though i have made a mistake, who is he to assault and abuse me? I cant take it. Keep in mind, he was having my friends bike key and I would have got no other option other than paying him the fine.

All the drama started only when he assaulted me.

And his arrogant behavior is well known in the police fraternity and even by the constable who caught me, so I am not feeling guilty. And moreover, his superiors warned him for his behavior and not on the incident happened.

As well as, I have paid the fine and left. If I was not using the power/influence to not pay the fine.

@spitfire
It was not a minor offense. The main reason VAC was behind me is because, the cop assaulted/abused me. They are not cheapos to support me.

Last edited by dre@ms : 6th April 2011 at 17:08.
Old 6th April 2011, 17:08   #24
BHPian

Have nothing to say on the incident (at least here.. a forum).

But cant help but to recall something I heard in some meditation classes i was "dragged" into, especially after some recent threads that i have read here.

If you ask someone how have the people of the world become in kalyug, the answer is "bad, very bad". When you ask the same fellow, how about himself, the answer would be "I am still the right amongst the wrongs". And the irony is, this story would repeat every time you ask someone and you can go around the world to hear the same answer. If that is the case when each individual is right, how has the world become so bad?
Old 6th April 2011, 17:10   #25
Senior - BHPian

In your OP, you've written
Quote:
While talking friendly, he suddenly got angry(reason not known) and pushed me lightly
Now you are saying
Quote:
who is he to assault and abuse me?...........All the drama started only when he assaulted me.
Hmm, I must have missed the post where you described how you were beaten black & blue by the SI. :-|

Cheers!

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 6th April 2011 at 17:11.
Old 6th April 2011, 17:20   #26
BHPian

I had no other words to express his act, so used assault.

Let me rephrase the first quote. Normally, when the cop talks with the offender or the offender talks with the cop, they will be friendly. Chennaiites might know it. Cops used to say, you are like my son and the offender used to say, you are like my father. These terms are basically used to show that the offender has done a mistake which he shouldn't repeat.

The same way, I behaved, with a smile in face. But, I am not able to recall what made him push me. But I am sure, I haven't crossed my limit. May be my palm was touching his bullet even though he objected it. It was not intentional though.

I believe, people have to be silent even when beat black and blue.
Old 6th April 2011, 17:29   #27
BHPian

I would be saying kudos if this episode was brought about because the the Scorpio driver paid under the table (assuming). Now it simply looks like VAC was protecting it's own.

What's to stop the SI from venting out on the next offender who does not have the luxury of VAC contacts?
Old 6th April 2011, 17:38   #28
Senior - BHPian

@dre@ms,

One part of me is congratulating you for giving the traffic cops a taste of their own medicine but other part of me is critisizing you for using your contacts. Had you done that without any support from VAC I would have considered you a hero. Here you are having contacts and getting things done whereas there are others who just cant/dont. Just imagine if the SI would vent his anger on some poor soul just because he had a rough day after interacting with you/VAC. God save that soul.
Old 6th April 2011, 17:44   #29
Senior - BHPian

@dreams: What was your objective when you decided to initiate this thread?

See, the reason I ask is because it was either that you just wanted to share an experience (in which case you should be open to feedback (good/bad)) or because you wanted to boast about something (which looks more likely because of your response below)

Quote:
Is that an compliment spitfire pal. If yes, I am overwhelmed. I had no other choice at that stage, but to show my power/influence.
I don't think I should be judging you (or anybody else here) but in my opinion the objective behind the thread isn't clear at all. The entire tone of the narration felt like you (or your friend) were just waiting for that one opportunity to show your power/influence, which you were able to demonstrate though this incident.
Old 6th April 2011, 17:52   #30
BHPian

@ghodlur
I never wanted the SI to behave the same way to other people. Lesson learnt by him??? No answer.
I also agree, not everybody has contacts.

@fine69
It was not intentional. Just another accident. I was replying to the other thread, where 1050 was charged for jumping signal. I have told a small instance from this incident there. One good soul asked to narrate it.

I am here. Answering everybody.

I am not asking whether I have done a good thing or bad. I am not showing off I have influence. I narrated whatever happened 2-3 years back. Even the SI must have forgotten this incident.

This is just an experience, and I am not encouraging anybody to show their fist to the cops. Either theirs, or with the help of their Mom/Dad/relatives. Also not encouraging bribe, but pay for the mistake YOU have did.

Edit: Good soul - Arkin evoisrevo

Dot.

Last edited by dre@ms : 6th April 2011 at 17:56.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks