Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2006, 02:12   #16
BHPian

Note From Moderator - Thanks, but no need for "clues" as to who owns the car. Just be glad its here.

Last edited by Rehaan : 30th January 2006 at 03:10.
Old 30th January 2006, 03:17   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbaiya
According me the E55 is way better cause the Power is on TAP meaning you floor her and she goes like a bomb whereas the M5 there are many requirements you have to fulfill before power to beat the E55.
Lol, like that TopGear episode with the M6... takes about 25secs for an M6 to go from 0-60 because it takes about 20seconds to choose the right power mode and shift mode!

Quote:
....reason this guy got the e55 is so that valets could park the car with ease instead of messin around with the smg box

TBHP should start a complimentary "Driver in the trunk" service, i'm sure there would be a lot of volunteers!

So, are you saying, if it wasnt for the valet issue - this guy would have rather had an M5 ??

cya
R
Old 30th January 2006, 03:54   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Well to put it easily...An E55 can be tapped to its potential by any driver, but for the E39 M5 it requires some skill, specially knowledge of gearshifts and usings the SMG well or u will land up buying one and busting the gearbox like one of the M5 owners in bombay did.
Various test have shown that the E39 M5 is quicker than the E55 AMG specially after shifting into 3rd gear the M5 leaps forward. Saw a video of it on the M5 board.
And i definatly agree with Rehaan and topgear about the M5 being complicated.I drive a E39 545i often in Boston and the iDrive control just kills me sometimes.It just takes so long to get thru it even tho i have used it several times, they have tons of features but its hard to access them. I litteraly have to stop on the road side to get the navigation adjusted or other things. This is definatly not the case with the Mercs.

Last edited by Rehaan : 30th January 2006 at 04:52.
Old 30th January 2006, 04:20   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil
Well to put it easily...An E55 can be tapped to its potential by any driver, but for the E39 M5 it requires some skill, specially knowledge of gearshifts and usings the SMG well or u will land up buying one and busting the gearbox like Sanjay Narang did.
Various test have shown that the E39 M5 is quicker than the E55 AMG specially after shifting into 3rd gear the M5 leaps forward. Saw a video of it on the M5 board.
And i definatly agree with Rehaan and topgear about the M5 being complicated.I drive a E39 545i often in Boston and the iDrive control just kills me sometimes.It just takes so long to get thru it even tho i have used it several times, they have tons of features but its hard to access them. I litteraly have to stop on the road side to get the navigation adjusted or other things. This is definatly not the case with the Mercs.
iDrive...E39? Hell no!
Old 30th January 2006, 04:42   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Oops sorry...i meant E60 all along and i wrote E39...sunday morning mayhem still recovering sorry abt that .... I mean the E60 m5 and the E60 545i
Old 30th January 2006, 06:43   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil
Oops sorry...i meant E60 all along and i wrote E39...sunday morning mayhem still recovering sorry abt that .... I mean the E60 m5 and the E60 545i
Thanks. That cleared a lotta doubts
Old 30th January 2006, 12:32   #22
BHPian

If you see carefully the 0-62 MPH time of 4.6 seconds in the M5 is with Launch Control whereas the E55 just floor her. So that means to beat the E55 you have to be in Launch Control Mode so that means a Standing start. So when its a roll on the E55 will go fast but after about 100 MPH the M5 will catch up and beat it.

Last edited by Mumbaiya : 30th January 2006 at 12:34.
Old 30th January 2006, 17:55   #23

is that you ?

Dude sweet ride, you boy's in india really Flossin it

Last edited by Rehaan : 31st January 2006 at 22:56.
Old 30th January 2006, 20:18   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk2275
Dude sweet ride, you boy's in india really Flossin it

wow sk 2272 or whatevver....lucky man u must know alot of people but no idea who u talkin about......

anyway......the e55 develops tons of torque which for fun factor in mumbai is the key ....its rare to achive 100mph + in this city safely........by then the e55 is already in front.....but most importently its not about that .2 or .3 of a second nor bein destroyed by an m5 cause chaces of even spotting one at the time to rip is unlikly....dont get me wrong the m5 is a warewolf with rediculous pace but it develops low torque and revs up to 8250rpm with the powerband startin at bout 5500 rpm.....this is when the m5 is alive slicing up the road but it has to be drivin hard to be enjoyed.......the e55 is like hitting afterburners when floored the supercharger screaming and then instant take off...... these cars are like saying who is stronger lion or shark but they different species altogether cant compare.....best described the e55 is for a raving lunatic with no respect for his tyres smokin them up all the time annd the m5 is for the same lunatic with the option of rehab.......ie. the 400 bhp mode with slowest gearchange and traction on.....now u proberbly thinkin hmm e55 has traction too.....let me just tell u that it means nothing u press the throttle at the wrong timeand it will spin out......but all said....the valets do find the e55 easier
Old 30th January 2006, 22:03   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVO6
Note From Moderator - Thanks, but no need for "clues" as to who owns the car. Just be glad its here.

Hi Rehaan,
Just wanted to know.. Why does the rule about disclosing names of people owning exotics applicable for some and not in some cases...
We have posts about Sanjay Dutts Ferrari and Bhushan Kumars aka Spidermans Ferraris and Lamborghinis and the Khan Superbikes.. then why even these names need to be mentioned...
Shouldnt there be a common rule for the everyone...
Old 30th January 2006, 22:53   #26
BHPian

firstly this site is about cars not the people who own the cars

and if u read the rules of the site it says dont mention names but u guys seem to get more excited about the owners than the cars
Old 30th January 2006, 22:54   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVO6
Hi Rehaan,
Just wanted to know.. Why does the rule about disclosing names of people owning exotics applicable for some and not in some cases...
We have posts about Sanjay Dutts Ferrari and Bhushan Kumars aka Spidermans Ferraris and Lamborghinis and the Khan Superbikes.. then why even these names need to be mentioned...
Shouldnt there be a common rule for the everyone...

Hi EVO6,

There is a common rule, the only exceptions are when the car, and the owner of the car are made very public in newspapers, magazines etc.

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 30th January 2006 at 22:55.
Old 31st January 2006, 09:44   #28
Senior - BHPian

im a bit confused.
doesnt the smg box override the auto box when needed or is it always on manual?
Old 31st January 2006, 19:06   #29
BHPian

the SMG box is not auto or manual ...it is a sequential manual gearbox....so technically there is a clutch but its just electronic and u can adjust the severity of the gearchange depending oon how u want to drive....and the driver has the choice of auto changes or pressing the paddle but either way a clutch is supressed and released.....an auto box works differently the design is different .
Old 31st January 2006, 19:10   #30
BHPian

You really understand both the cars only when u sit in them with a "PURE" Racer who uses the throttle like an on off Switch. The AMG is like a Shotgun whereas the M is a Sniper.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks