Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2023, 21:46   #3301
BHPian

Re: Bollywood Stars and their Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
Yes, he has specced the TurboS beautifully, the heritage seats are a treat to watch.

He has sold off the Ferrari and the Carrera S
Wow!
I remember there was this thread some time ago on what makes a car a luxury car.
This photo has so many things crammed in it that would make the points for that discussion. Those glorious A/C blower volume controls - look at 'em.
The basic functionality is the same as the one in the Swift Dzire but look at the execution <sigh>
So many things to unpack in this
The whole cockpit is, so cockpit-like!
That blower control/trim got me in the feels, lol!

Could someone answer if they know -
1. There seems to be a blank area where i would expect the infotainment system to be present. Does it pop up or is this specced out to purely savour the sweet engine note?
2. What is that hook near the bottom of the door? Is that a safety feature of some sort?

Lovely car, indeed!

Last edited by stewie : 5th September 2023 at 21:50.
stewie is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 12:56   #3302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
Wow!
I remember there was this thread some time ago on what makes a car a luxury car.
This photo has so many things crammed in it that would make the points for that discussion. Those glorious A/C blower volume controls - look at 'em.
The basic functionality is the same as the one in the Swift Dzire but look at the execution <sigh>
The whole cockpit is, so cockpit-like!
That blower control/trim got me in the feels, lol!

Could someone answer if they know -
1. There seems to be a blank area where i would expect the infotainment system to be present. Does it pop up or is this specced out to purely savour the sweet engine note?
2. What is that hook near the bottom of the door? Is that a safety feature of some sort?

Lovely car, indeed!
Yes the cockpit is a delightful place to be!

To answer your queries:
1. The Infotainment screen is very much there, since its off, it looks blank.
2. The hook at the bottom of the door is a safety catch in case of collisions.

Attaching a few more images from another Turbo S
Attached Thumbnails
Bollywood Stars and their Cars-20230906_124723.jpg  

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-20230906_124608.jpg  

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-20230906_124640.jpg  

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-20230906_124650.jpg  

Maverick5490 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 19:59   #3303
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted this 911 Turbo S on 2nd Sept, didn’t know it was actor Ram Kapoor’s car until I saw the last few posts…

Looks gorgeous even in White!

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-127e820886f3497faed25353a23013be.jpeg

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-2960572e46164fdbb9f2ca1c615c1701.jpeg

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-04b5cf8d87a44880b47598f5d57675f4.jpeg

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-d173b02d5ccf4f6c93b6e34697ce7aeb.jpeg

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 6th September 2023 at 20:12.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 20:34   #3304
Distinguished - BHPian

The car has such dark tints, are bollywood actors exempt from the rule of not having tinted windows?
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 21:39   #3305
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
The car has such dark tints, are bollywood actors exempt from the rule of not having tinted windows?
Yes in fact, the Apex Court has allowed certain categories like VIP's, celebrities and similarly placed persons to have darker tints, but these categories need to be also permitted to use such tints by the concerned RTO's, I believe.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 11th September 2023, 09:57   #3306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtail11 View Post
Apparently, I heard that Ram Kapoor got himself a Porsche 992 Turbo s. He has an amazing car collection, including the Ferrari Portofino, a G63 AMG, and a 911 Carrera S.
I would've expected more full-size SUVs in his garage rather than svelte sports cars. Because, you know, bade acche lagte hain
Sudarshan42 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 11th September 2023, 13:39   #3307
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudarshan42 View Post
I would've expected more full-size SUVs in his garage rather than svelte sports cars. Because, you know, bade acche lagte hain
I believe he has the latest Range Rover Vogue & the G63 AMG!
Old 11th September 2023, 14:59   #3308
BHPian

Looking at this thread and another one related to the south Indian stars, they seem to have an amazing appetite for these luxury cars (disproportionately high). Wonder how many of these high end Maybachs, Urus or even the Defender are with the film fraternity. Even actors with just a couple of movies can be seen in a Q8 or the likes.
Old 11th September 2023, 16:09   #3309
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartikaygaur View Post
Looking at this thread and another one related to the south Indian stars, they seem to have an amazing appetite for these luxury cars (disproportionately high). Wonder how many of these high end Maybachs, Urus or even the Defender are with the film fraternity. Even actors with just a couple of movies can be seen in a Q8 or the likes.
Two categories of buyers here - one who buy them for the luxury/performance these cars offer and the other group who have to buy them for the brand name/status symbol. The second group use their rides as a means of showing their success and trying to prove their status.

Those who are already successful and secure can often be seen in comfortable Innovas or CRVs leaving behind their fancy rides.

Last edited by ashis89 : 11th September 2023 at 16:11.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2023, 16:30   #3310
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes, he has specced the TurboS beautifully, the heritage seats are a treat to watch.
Nice, these were on stop sales since April so either this is a little older production or he pulled up some contacts. Either way, these interiors are fab. The only negative is the absence of a cooling seat option with this and around 15 Lac extra

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
Yup and many at costs. Like the gear lever that you see on that Ram Kapoor car is about a lac INR extra. A clear picture.

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-screenshot-20230911-4.22.39-pm.png

Quote:
1 There seems to be a blank area where i would expect the infotainment system
As posted by Maverick, a lot of info is built right into the cockpit, and then there is the additional multimedia screen. No wireless CarPlay or Android Auto for India though.

Quote:
is this specced out to purely savour the sweet engine note?
Sadly being a Turbo, the exhaust note is very subtle, even with those optional sports exhausts (6,5 Lac option). 718- GTS with that 6-cylinder 4000cc sounds much better than this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
The second group use their rides as a means of showing their success and trying to prove their status.

Those who are already successful and secure can often be seen in comfortable Innovas or CRVs leaving behind their fancy rides.
I don't think that someone will not drive one just because they don't want to show. If one likes driving a particular car, he/ she will continue to use it. Can be different practical reasons to take other cars though but I won't relate these with image or anything like that.
Turbanator is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th September 2023, 16:33   #3311
Senior - BHPian

In the latest to join the GLS600 Maybach club is actress Rakul Preet Singh. Took delivery a couple of days ago apparently.

Name:  Screenshot 20230911 at 4.32.03 PM.png
Views: 1280
Size:  306.9 KB

Source
Dippy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th September 2023, 16:39   #3312
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I don't think that someone will not drive one just because they don't want to show. If one likes driving a particular car, he/ she will continue to use it. Can be different practical reasons to take other cars though but I won't relate these with image or anything like that.
Exactly what I meant too. When one doesn't need a fancy car to build their image, they can choose less fancy cars for other practical reasons.
Old 11th September 2023, 17:22   #3313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nice, these were on stop sales since April so either this is a little older production or he pulled up some contacts. Either way, these interiors are fab. The only negative is the absence of a cooling seat option with this and around 15 Lac extra

Not aware of the sales stop, but there are 3 more TurboS lined up for delivery, 2 are already in Mumbai, last expected in October a PTS.

Talking of gear levers, here's the best one, again belonging to the Bollywood clan.
Attached Thumbnails
Bollywood Stars and their Cars-gt3_t.jpg  

Maverick5490 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 11th September 2023, 17:30   #3314
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Not aware of the sales stop, but there are 3 more TurboS lined up for delivery
I meant about the Heritage edition for interiors. 23 Allocations are all sold, 24 some in transit. Even in Delhi, a couple are on the way. Looks like Porsche sold more of Turbos this year than any other variant.

Quote:
Talking of gear levers, here's the best one, again belonging to the Bollywood clan.
It's nice to keep your hand busy somewhere But, no Thanks, I will pick a PDK every time I can buy one (if wishes were horses)

Last edited by Turbanator : 11th September 2023 at 17:35.
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2023, 17:40   #3315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I meant about the Heritage edition for interiors. 23 Allocations are all sold, 24 some in transit. Even in Delhi, a couple are on the way. Looks like Porsche sold more of Turbos this year than any other variant.

It's nice to keep your hand busy somewhere But, no Thanks, I will pick a PDK every time I can buy one (if wishes were horses)
Ah ok, for the Heritage edition, yes this is the only one here. And agree on the PDK, the manual definitely is a handful.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks