Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2023, 20:06   #3331
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bollywood Stars and their Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeledwanderer View Post
Wondering if it works this way - Buy expensive car, show loans and may be obtain tax benefits / rebates?
Interestingly, Shradhha Kapoor's car is registered to her personal name (as against a company/firm) and is purchased outright, without any loan/finance. Therefore, no benefits in terms of tax rebate in the form of depreciation or interest write-off is being claimed. I believe same is the case with Karthik Aryan's Urus, though his McLaren GT is a whole different tale.
A.K is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 27th October 2023, 20:35   #3332
BHPian

A cruelty to the car which will probably never see a track!

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 28th October 2023 at 00:56. Reason: Let's stick to commenting on the cars please. Thanks.
Old 28th October 2023, 11:08   #3333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K View Post
Same is the case with Karthik Aryan's Urus, though his McLaren GT is a whole different tale.
As far as I remember, the McLaren GT was gifted to Kartik by Bhushan Kumar (T-Series) post the stupendous success of the film Bhool Bhulaiyya 2.
IamNikhil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2023, 18:10   #3334
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
As far as I remember, the McLaren GT was gifted to Kartik by Bhushan Kumar (T-Series) post the stupendous success of the film Bhool Bhulaiyya 2.
Yes, exactly. The McLaren GT was a 'gift' but was registered to one of Bhushan Kumar's companies. So legally, the owner of the car is BK so that Karthik Aryan doesn't end up paying tax on the gift as the Indian IT Act taxes all gifts received exceeding the value of Rs. 50k from anyone who isn't a relative. Now what is interesting is if BK can claim tax benefits on the car since it is registered to his company -- depreciation on the asset? Maybe not since it is publicly a gift and isn't being used by his company per se. He's probably written it off as a business promotion expense. Same is the story with Om Raut's Ferrari F8 which was again gifted to him by BK. Apologies for going OT
A.K is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th October 2023, 19:35   #3335
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffRoadFun View Post
Not really. For someone who lives in Bombay, taking the car to the track is extremely inconvenient (truck it down to Buddh, logistics etc. etc.). If I owned a Supercar in Bombay and really wanted a track day, I'd enrol for one of the track days conducted by the luxury brands (like Porsche). Or go for one abroad.

Saif drives a Jeep Wrangler. No one asked him to go offroad, right? So why should we expect Shraddha to take her Lamborghini to the track & call it cruelty if she doesn't?

Frankly, these cars are a lot of F-U-N even if you don't track them. They are fun to ogle at, in your driveway. A damn piece of art! There is pride of ownership. The acceleration from 20 - 120 kmph will make a dead man giggle. A Lamborghini is fun to drive even on the empty Lonavla ghat early in the morning.

The point I'm making is, not every 911 Turbo owner has to drive his car at 9/10ths or 300 kmph to enjoy it, or justify it. Just like not every Wrangler owner has to take it hardcore offroading, a Hilux guy doesn't have to load up 500-kilos of cargo in the bed nor does a Hayabusa owner have to max out @ 140 kmph in 1st gear to justify his purchase. There is no "cruelty" in not doing that. To each his own .

Cars & Motorcycles are fun at any speed. 0 kmph...or 250 kmph. End of the day, I appreciate her enthusiasm and obvious love for cars. Every other female member of her fraternity buys a luxury SUV or Sedan...and here's an enthusiastic girl clearly living it up with a 2-door impractical sports car. We got to celebrate that as petrolheads.

Check out that smile!

OT - look at her groove! And yes, she's sung a lot of movie songs herself. Till date, I never really liked Shraddha Kapoor, except for her moves in this song from Rock On 2. But now, after she bought a Lamborghini that's NOT a Urus, she's become one of my favourite bollywood actresses

Last edited by GTO : 29th October 2023 at 19:41.
GTO is offline   (78) Thanks
Old 30th October 2023, 09:13   #3336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The point I'm making is, not.and here's an enthusiastic girl clearly living it up with a 2-door impractical sports car. We got to celebrate that as petrolheads.

Check out that smile!
That engine growl even when idle is simply fantastic. I wish I could get a chance in my life time to drive one of these beauties but on an open road.
ghodlur is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2023, 09:43   #3337
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I wonder why is it a cruelty. Does BMW get to run at the Autobahn or every super bike owner take to the track? Does a tier 3/4 city dweller doesn’t deserve to buy a luxury German? Is every Thar running in Metro cities getting tortured? Is a German meant to be driven on farm lands? We don’t need to judge anyone what they do with their own money unless it is something illegal.
ashis89 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th October 2023, 14:11   #3338
Senior - BHPian

Yeah it is nice to see the actor drive her supercar rather than be seen driven around as is the perceived norm in Bollywood.
fhdowntheline is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th October 2023, 20:16   #3339
BHPian

Quote:
One doesnt have to take a supercar to the track to enjoy it. Group drives with right bunch of people and roads are equally, if not more fun than track days.

Plenty of used performance cars across the globe are advertised by sellers that it has never been tracked as not everyone buy them for track days. Plenty of G wagons and Landrovers sold these days might never see a dirt road in their lifetime.
vj123 is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 31st October 2023, 09:42   #3340
BHPian

Quote:
OT - look at her groove!
A rare petrolhead in the Hindi Film Industry!

Quote:
Till date, I never really liked Shraddha Kapoor, except for her moves in this song from Rock On 2. But now, after she bought a Lamborghini that's NOT a Urus, she's become one of my favourite bollywood actresses
Before making her a favorite, let us not forget that the same actress stood with a placard to stop cutting trees in Aarey for Metro and went on to give gyan about the environment and CO2 emissions. There was a tremendous delay in the Metro opening (still not open) because of these protests which is hurting normal middle class people for whom public transport is a lifeline.

Meanwhile the emissions of her car!
Attached Thumbnails
Bollywood Stars and their Cars-shraddha_kapoor_car.jpg  

RaghuVis is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 31st October 2023, 14:32   #3341
A M
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
A rare petrolhead in the Hindi Film Industry!

Before making her a favorite, let us not forget that the same actress stood with a placard to stop cutting trees in Aarey for Metro and went on to give gyan about the environment and CO2 emissions. There was a tremendous delay in the Metro opening (still not open) because of these protests which is hurting normal middle class people for whom public transport is a lifeline.

Meanwhile the emissions of her car!
I wrote about it in another post (that got deleted for being off-topic) but I'm saying it again. Being pro-environment does not mean you cannot enjoy the good things in life. Like the proverb goes, all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. Everyone's got to live a little. Maybe she planted a few trees to offset her carbon footprint. You never know!
A M is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2023, 11:13   #3342
Distinguished - BHPian

Love the fact that she's taken up ownership of the car as well!!

Last edited by libranof1987 : 2nd November 2023 at 12:01. Reason: Quoted post deleted
mayankk is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th November 2023, 12:47   #3343
Senior - BHPian

The "EverGreen" Anil Kapoor gets himself an Emerald Green Mercedes Benz Maybach S580.
Attached Thumbnails
Bollywood Stars and their Cars-399866255_766666638834919_2743413308506194292_n.jpg  

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-399872800_766666642168252_5678539561348004724_n.jpg  

RM Motorsports is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 12th November 2023, 19:21   #3344
Distinguished - BHPian

A surprise switchover here from imports to a MG Gloster by Sunny Leone. Actress Sunny Leone recently shared her own woes, revealing that she lost three imported cars to heavy rains in Mumbai. Among the affected vehicles was her Mercedes-Benz 8-seater GL-Class.

Post these three losses, she decided to switch to an Indian car, the MG Gloster, and expressed her satisfaction with the change.

The imports:-

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-sunnyleone2.jpg

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-sunnyleone1.jpg

The new Gloster

Link :-

https://www.cartoq.com/sunny-leone-e...g-gloster-suv/
anjan_c2007 is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 13th November 2023, 07:59   #3345
BHPian

Looks like BMW i7 is the hot favourite EV among the celebs. One can map professional progress of these celebs with the cars they own. In the case of EVs, upgrading from a Tata Nexon EV to BMW i7 would mean you are on path of "success"

PS: Link has few non Bollywood stars mentioned as well.

https://www.cartoq.com/famous-indian...andrasekharan/

Last edited by VWAllstar : 13th November 2023 at 08:00.
VWAllstar is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks