Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2008, 13:26   #361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
I wonder with the kind of money these people earn why dont they just by the S 500 or 600 instead of the S350.
Well, maybe the FE of the 350 is better
Old 17th December 2008, 13:32   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniguchisan View Post
As long as the SX4's the car in India, you're safe.
Signs of changing times. India saving U.K. or is it an Indian car outweighing 3 German cars.
Old 17th December 2008, 14:14   #363
BHPian

I searched through the thread but was unable to locate. ANy idea what are the cars owned by Jayalalitha, Kamal Hassan, Rajanikanth?
Old 18th December 2008, 12:55   #364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Well, maybe the FE of the 350 is better
These 350's with panaromic roofs are imported so they would not cost the same as the ones made in Pune. Fully loaded cars like the one Rani has would cost almost as much as the base S500. This is where i would say money but no brains .
Old 18th December 2008, 13:09   #365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_limit View Post
and what if you buy 3 mercs ? (ref: my cars in UK)
What do you ment dude?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
If that's what the superstition is all about, then please take note that the media has been scrutinising Rani for not having a single movie offer outside the YRF camp and saying that her career is on a major downswing after a series of box-office flops. The media can make or break you whenever it likes.
These superstitions are utter rubbish. The success of any person depends on their hard work, dedication & luck. There is no role for any brand or cars to play there. Ups & downs are there in the life of any person in any career.

But its very true that in the present world media can distroy the good will & career of any person, no matter whether he is a celebrity or a businessman or a ploitician or even a common man. But it has to be changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Its new tradition now to gift Mercedes in Bollywood. Lata Mangeshkar was gifted a E class by YRF. Farah Khan was gifted a S 350 by Sharukh Khan. So the Superstition is broken and they are returning to the lure of the three pointed star.
This car is a S 350 with the Panoramic roof. These are fully optional so you can customise it to your taste and needs. I wonder with the kind of money these people earn why dont they just by the S 500 or 600 instead of the S350.
The gift a one of a method for tax cutting. If a person buy a luxury car, then he has to show his source of income & has to pay tax for that. But there is no tax for gift items & the person who gift the item will also have a tax deduction on that amount. How is the idea?
Old 18th December 2008, 13:17   #366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadguy25 View Post
I searched through the thread but was unable to locate. ANy idea what are the cars owned by Jayalalitha, Kamal Hassan, Rajanikanth?
Jayalaithaa was having the first Montero & couple of bullet proofed Tata Safaris. She also had a Tempo Traveller in which she was normally seen during election time, not sure whether its a caravan or not.

Rajanikanth - its said that he used be seen in a Cehvy Tavera, but its also said that some luxury cars always seen going inside & coming out from his house. May be his family uses it.

Kamal Hassan had a white Prado which was there is couple of shots in his last police movie, i for got the name of the movie.

Latest update is that the action-super star Surya has bought a new Q7 after the success of his latest varied movie 'Vaaranam Aayiram'. Its a fully loaded one & the colour is silver.
Old 18th December 2008, 13:19   #367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What do you ment dude?
Check his thread Here

Quote:
These superstitions are utter rubbish.
Well most of the Superstitions are that only

Quote:
But there is no tax for gift items & the person who gift the item will also have a tax deduction on that amount.
The last I knew there was indeed a Tax on Gifts. Read more here.

Gift Tax
Old 18th December 2008, 14:12   #368
Senior - BHPian

i heard that a similar superstition is related with maybach in india
Old 18th December 2008, 14:57   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
What do you ment dude?
That was just a light hearted jibe at the Bollywood superstition of buying a merc.
As Technocrat has pointed out, I have 3 mercs in UK. I have posted a thread of our cars at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introd...our-mercs.html

On a personal level I do not believe in any superstitions.
Old 18th December 2008, 15:04   #370
BHPian

@hanmust: thank you mate.
Old 18th December 2008, 15:09   #371
BHPian

Sorry, but most of our bollywood actors lack taste when it comes to cars. Inspite of earning in crores, most of them have nothing beyond the regular Mercs and Beamers along with the Cayennes and Q7s. They cannot think beyond white, black, silver and blue.

Nowadays, every second well-to-do businessman OR CEO travels in a Mercedes or a BMW. So, can't our 'rich' actors atleast try to get some decent paint jobs or accessories on cars for individuality instead of spending thousands or even lakhs on stupid VIP number plates or worse giving it to DC.
Old 18th December 2008, 19:29   #372
Senior - BHPian

ajay devgan had chosen the maserati which was quite rare
but yes, bollywood doesnt have large variety of cars
Old 19th December 2008, 17:23   #373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_limit View Post
That was just a light hearted jibe at the Bollywood superstition of buying a merc.
As Technocrat has pointed out, I have 3 mercs in UK. I have posted a thread of our cars at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introd...our-mercs.html

On a personal level I do not believe in any superstitions.
I got you & back you!
Old 21st December 2008, 14:44   #374
BHPian

ranbir kapoor has just bought a white land rover , maybe a range rover sport .
Old 25th December 2008, 06:25   #375
BHPian

Hey guys just got back home, and well was out for a party, got back in a convoy...

530d white, 540i silver-grey, 750i earthy colour, Cayenne White, Cayenne S grey, RR sport white, RR sport black, S350 maroon, Big Daddy S AMG...

As most know 5 of the cars above are owned by the same guy, not related to Bollywood...

Why am I posting here then?
Well all the other cars are owned by Bollywood celebs, the Cayenne is Ranbir's, was driven by him, the other I'm unsure about as there were just so many of us around, and we took turns driving...

The S65 is hardcore, was able to drive her like she's meant to be pushed with 6 people in the car, much better than my previous experience with her...

cheers:

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks