Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2017, 11:45   #2701
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Bollywood Stars and their Cars

Even Bollywood Stars have to suffer parking problems in this mega city .

Quote:
Deepika Padukone had moved into her Prabhadevi residence in 2011 from a cosier place in Pali Hill. Now, Mirror has learnt that the actress is at loggerheads with the society members of her former residence over parking space, which is allotted through a lottery system, ever since it was rented out to tenants in 2014. The society has already handed over her space to another resident, contending that the actress’s occupancy expired when her flat was empty for eight months between two tenants.
Full Mumbai Mirror Article
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th October 2017, 13:16   #2702
Senior - BHPian

Tapsee Pannu, actress who has worked in Judwaa 2, Pink, Naam Shabaana has bought a Mercedes Benz GLE.

Source : NDTV Auto.

Actress posing with (/ on) the car.

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-taapseepannumercedesbenzgle_827x510_71507358562.jpg
TorqueyTechie is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th October 2017, 13:43   #2703
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Actress posing with (/ on) the car.
Lots of swirls and scratches expected on the hood, specially by that heel.
Leoshashi is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 8th October 2017, 14:39   #2704
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
+1. The exact same thought came to my mind when I saw this picture. Clearly she bought the brand and not the machine, although that's completely her decision. I doubt other than a handful of celebrities, most are in the market only for the bling with no real interest in the car itself.
Old 8th October 2017, 16:32   #2705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
It is surprising how many of us had the same thought pop up in our mind on seeing that heel on the hood! Let's be glad she did not pony up for an AMG to avoid any blasphemy.
Hells Bells is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2017, 19:46   #2706
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
+1. The exact same thought came to my mind when I saw this picture. Clearly she bought the brand and not the machine, although that's completely her decision. I doubt other than a handful of celebrities, most are in the market only for the bling with no real interest in the car itself.
That’s quite judgmental. Let’s just look up to the fact that she has made it to buying a three pointer star on her own at quite a young age.

Also, I don’t think it’s that pose is that big a deal, it could have been done without damaging the paint.

I think most Indians buy these brands for the bling so why hate on the stars for being the same? I’m pretty sure comfort and safety are equally a priority.
Sahil is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 8th October 2017, 19:52   #2707
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Let’s just look up to the fact that she has made it to buying a three pointer star on her own at quite a young age.
Nail, Head, Bam! It is not inherited money - the fact that she earned it makes a huge difference.
SmartCat is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 8th October 2017, 19:52   #2708
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
That’s quite judgmental.
I think most Indians buy these brands for the bling so why hate on the stars for being the same? I’m pretty sure comfort and safety are equally a priority.
You have misunderstood me. I wish her all the success in her career. And I agree that its the rule rather than the exception that most people buy these cars for the brand. But since this thread is on celebrities, hence the reference to them.
drmohitg is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 23:06   #2709
Team-BHP Support

Amitabh Bachchan talks about his family's first car - Ford Prefect

SmartCat is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 00:07   #2710
BHPian

Quote:
That’s quite judgmental. Let’s just look up to the fact that she has made it to buying a three pointer star on her own at quite a young age.

Also, I don’t think it’s that pose is that big a deal, it could have been done without damaging the paint.

+1. Also I envy her in a way because she doesn't care much about swirls or small scratches here and there, which if we look is must for everyone who stays in India. She'll have more peace of mind in the longer run.
Sherlocked is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 10:16   #2711
Senior - BHPian

I think someone lifted and placed her on the car bonnet or she wore that stiletto after climbing - just for the photo shoot.
Latheesh is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 14:28   #2712
Senior - BHPian

This might be the wrong thread to post but still posting here as it involves a bollywood actress.

Sunny Leone has bought a limited edition Maserati Ghibli Nerissimo in USA. This is a limited edition (450 units only) and is sold only in US and Canada. The car gets a all black exterior and interior finish. Each Ghibli Nerissimo will have a badge located on the centre console highlighting that it is one of only 450 units produced.

It is priced at $80,000 in US while the Indian price is 1.36 crore (ex-showroom).

Pics :

1. Droolworthy!

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-maseratighiblinerissimoedition_827x510_71492098268.jpg

2. Bollywood Stars and their Cars-sunnyleonemaseratighiblinerissimo_827x620_61507794454.jpg

Source : NDTV Auto
TorqueyTechie is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 13th October 2017, 08:36   #2713
Senior - BHPian

LOL Ghibli is such a horrible car for what its priced at, I hope that she atleast got a steal deal.
Technocrat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th October 2017, 09:42   #2714
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
LOL Ghibli is such a horrible car for what its priced at, I hope that she atleast got a steal deal.
She most definitely did because Maserati sent a hilarious press release ("the Maserati Ghibli Nerissimo isn’t just black, it’s extremely black" ). Could be a fat discount or just free use for a couple of months.

Posting the press release here verbatim:

Quote:
Mumbai, October 11, 2017: Swanky, luxurious and glamorous – words that define the Trident and Celebrities! Arjun Kapoor gifted himself the yet to be launched Maserati Levante SUV on his birthday, Sushant Singh Rajput bought himself a brand new Maserati Quattroporte, Hritik owns a Maserati Spyder and Ajay Devgan is a proud owner of one of the first Quattroporte’s in India.

Latest addition to this list is Sunny Leone. Her recent picture on Instagram posing next to the Maserati Ghibli “Nerissimo” has got her fans go gaga! So what’s so cool about the Maserati Ghibli “Nerissimo” edition anyway? Let’s find out. The Maserati Ghibli Nerissimo isn’t just black, it’s extremely black. Akin to its exterior, the Nerissimo’s interior is a sanctum to darkness. Exclusive to its truest sense, only 450 editions of Maserati Ghibli Nerissimo are available worldwide. Each Nerissimo model comes with a badge signifying the particular model number out of the 450 models produced.

So, if you were wondering what Sunny means by "1 of 450" in her Instagram caption, you know it now. Sunny is also a proud owner of the Maserati Quattroporte gifted by husband.
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 22:24   #2715
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Ranveer Singh's Aston Martin Rapide.

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-ranveersingh__1032116.jpg

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-ranveersingh__1032113.jpg
John Abraham's GT-R
Bollywood Stars and their Cars-johnabraham__1034616.jpg
& V-Max
Bollywood Stars and their Cars-johnabraham__1034617.jpg